Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Has anyone asked David Beattie & co if they want to run the club again ? It strikes me that they have now given up running the club twice, so I don’t see any desire there

That would be my thoughts on the matter. The transfer of shares to 3BC may deter former board members at this time.

As for Mr Beattie he has been a great servant to the club. I might not have agreed with every decision but he was focussed and has attempted at each attempt to put the club in a better place than when he took the reigns.

The previous full-time board left more questiond than answers and i can see why folk on here remain to be convinced about the next stage in the history of Partick Thistle.

I'm more middling, sceptical at lot of things but hopeful things can work out. I'm glad questions are being asked as I don't see that as a negative. In fact it's a good indicator when people with different views decide to come on board.

The bottom line is the trust will need as many pledges on the table as possible to make the difference going forward.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scotty said:

If this was ever a possibility then why didn't anyone on the old board ever put it forward as an alternative? The silence from them since the meet the manager with Caldwell (and even before that in Mr Beattie's case)  has been complete.  Are we to believe that you and Norge are their spokespersons or are you just throwing in non-starters as diversions and mischief making?

We have No idea if they did or didnt - People are stating there is only one option on  the Table ref Working Groups - 3 BC - well No there isnt - there is a viable option to achieve Fan Ownership within a low Risk Managed Process - which ensures continuity 

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

You need to engage with Colin weir and the thistle working group if you gave any ideas 

Why ? - They have decided that we are getting Fan Ownership under the Motherwell Model - even if it has next to No Support within the Fan Base - they appointed there Supporters in TFE and the Thistle Trust onto the Board along with former Directors - its very obvious the route this is going down 

Anyone who understands how to Run a Football Club would have given a Two Year process and kept the previous Board for at least 12 Months     

• Like 1

Our thanks are extended to all who came along to our initial meeting on Tuesday December 17th . We were greatly encouraged by the numbers that attended on a cold night just before Christmas. The range of questions asked on the night coupled with feedback we’ve subsequently had have been extremely useful.

The purpose of our initial meeting was to provide an overview about fan ownership. Our next meeting, scheduled for Thursday January 9th 2020, will focus in more detail on the Working Group itself, its remit and the journey towards Partick Thistle becoming a fan owned club.

Some of the questions on Tuesday covered topics which the Working Group are in no
position to provide answers to other than informed speculation. In particular, the detailed business plans of the club either at present or in the future are both outwith our remit and our knowledge. That remains the responsibility of the club board, as it will continue to do after the share transfer.

The remit of the Working Group is solely to recommend the operational structure that will be implemented after the share transfer, and to engage with fans in determining the finer detail of these arrangements. As noted, similar structures are already in place elsewhere in Scottish football, most notably at Motherwell and Hearts, and we’d anticipate our model will resemble these fairly closely, although the detail may differ as determined by you.

We appreciate that everyone is busy, but we would urge you to get involved with this
process. Don’t think for one second that you aren’t qualified to participate. If you are a
Partick Thistle fan, if you care about the future of our football club, then you already qualify to participate.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:05 PM, Norgethistle said:

Sorry that’s BS. 
Giving 1 weeks notice to an event that’s happening on the same night as a Glasgow cup tie is poor organization, with a 6:30 start also makes it tricky for folk who work 9-5 outside the city.

How about they announce it last week for say 1st week in January so folk have ample time to attend and ensure there is no game scheduled, plus push it out till 7 to allow for folk to get there from work easily enough

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Why ? - They have decided that we are getting Fan Ownership under the Motherwell Model - even if it has next to No Support within the Fan Base - they appointed there Supporters in TFE and the Thistle Trust onto the Board along with former Directors - its very obvious the route this is going down 

Anyone who understands how to Run a Football Club would have given a Two Year process and kept the previous Board for at least 12 Months     

Because funnily enough they own the club and you’ve have no idea what the fan vase want anymore than I do .... though the poll on here was fairly clear 

Well it looks like the proposal to re-instate the old board under David Beattier's chairmanship is no more than another straw man to divert the focus away from fan ownership rather than either engage or put up viable alternatives. How can you propose that 3BC give the club back to people who neither wanted to own shares or run the club? If these gentlemen are the true fans that you claim them to be then surely they will become involved and offer their expertise? I'm sure they will be welcome.

3 hours ago, jagfox said:

Our thanks are extended to all who came along to our initial meeting on Tuesday December 17th . We were greatly encouraged by the numbers that attended on a cold night just before Christmas. The range of questions asked on the night coupled with feedback we’ve subsequently had have been extremely useful.

The purpose of our initial meeting was to provide an overview about fan ownership. Our next meeting, scheduled for Thursday January 9th 2020, will focus in more detail on the Working Group itself, its remit and the journey towards Partick Thistle becoming a fan owned club.

Some of the questions on Tuesday covered topics which the Working Group are in no
position to provide answers to other than informed speculation. In particular, the detailed business plans of the club either at present or in the future are both outwith our remit and our knowledge. That remains the responsibility of the club board, as it will continue to do after the share transfer.

The remit of the Working Group is solely to recommend the operational structure that will be implemented after the share transfer, and to engage with fans in determining the finer detail of these arrangements. As noted, similar structures are already in place elsewhere in Scottish football, most notably at Motherwell and Hearts, and we’d anticipate our model will resemble these fairly closely, although the detail may differ as determined by you.

We appreciate that everyone is busy, but we would urge you to get involved with this
process. Don’t think for one second that you aren’t qualified to participate. If you are a
Partick Thistle fan, if you care about the future of our football club, then you already qualify to participate.

Seems reasonable. Although no doubt some will complain a thursday doesnt suit them and it should fall on a pay day Friday, with 6 months notice. 

45 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Seems reasonable. Although no doubt some will complain a thursday doesnt suit them and it should fall on a pay day Friday, with 6 months notice. 

Me and the missus usually have our date night on Thursdays, so I hope there will be some sandwiches and sausage rolls available. 

#Iknowhowtotreatalady

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, javeajag said:

No it reinforces your prejudice because it’s actually more than that . .... in fact your whole approach is PTFC fail .,,, 

That is the latest figure they provided of people that had signed up I have not heard another figure since then,  of that figure (as has happened with Hearts & Motherwell)  only around 40%  follow through and contribute, that figure will slowly drop of till the the regulars are left. Then hopefully it may slowly climb over time.

Motherwell had over 5000 sign up, but actually only started with 1200 contributing and have over years got this to 2100 with a big push to try and meet and sustain 2500 by end of next year. The “double your money” initiative helped greatly to swell the numbers. Motherwell have 4500 season tickets.

The foundation of Hearts has leveled at around 8000 members after 9 years which is incredible, but Hearts are a big club in Scotland. They have 14000 season ticket holders.

Both these clubs have had a long term phased in plan to slowly in stages take over the club, also with both of these clubs being in admin at the time has driven momentum.

On both of these clubs there was a ground swell to do this to save the club, a long term plan, plus a large buy in from their communities where to an extent they are only team around. We are trying to do this in 12 weeks without building up momentum or even starting to take contributions 

9 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

That is the latest figure they provided of people that had signed up I have not heard another figure since then,  of that figure (as has happened with Hearts & Motherwell)  only around 40%  follow through and contribute, that figure will slowly drop of till the the regulars are left. Then hopefully it may slowly climb over time.

Motherwell had over 5000 sign up, but actually only started with 1200 contributing and have over years got this to 2100 with a big push to try and meet and sustain 2500 by end of next year. The “double your money” initiative helped greatly to swell the numbers. Motherwell have 4500 season tickets.

The foundation of Hearts has leveled at around 8000 members after 9 years which is incredible, but Hearts are a big club in Scotland. They have 14000 season ticket holders.

Both these clubs have had a long term phased in plan to slowly in stages take over the club, also with both of these clubs being in admin at the time has driven momentum.

On both of these clubs there was a ground swell to do this to save the club, a long term plan, plus a large buy in from their communities where to an extent they are only team around. We are trying to do this in 12 weeks without building up momentum or even starting to take contributions 

Of course you haven’t heard of another figure because things have moved on and you haven’t bothered to find out ..., I was told yesterday after talking to them that they are very happy with take up at this point but you are only interested in knocking it down ....

If join in its plus one 

57 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Of course you haven’t heard of another figure because things have moved on and you haven’t bothered to find out ..., I was told yesterday after talking to them that they are very happy with take up at this point but you are only interested in knocking it down ....

If join in its plus one 

So what’s the takeup then?

35 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I’m not sure why it matters how many have signed up. This is still additional income over what we already have. 

edit: even after costs to process, this will be around £25,000 - £30,000 of NEW money every year

Exactly. The understanding given on here by multiple posters is that Beattie ran the club at break even and didn’t bankroll us. If our next board can manage the club well then break even will be exactly what DB achieved, and the pledges will amount to extra investment that brings us up and above DB income levels.

Edited by ClydebankJag

58 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I’m not sure why it matters how many have signed up. This is still additional income over what we already have. 

edit: even after costs to process, this will be around £25,000 - £30,000 of NEW money every year

I’m trying to gauge the actual support for this, as the majority of folk I know, or those on FB or Twitter do not seem convinced or want it, but maybe that’s my demographic 20-45 yr olds

14 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m trying to gauge the actual support for this, as the majority of folk I know, or those on FB or Twitter do not seem convinced or want it, but maybe that’s my demographic 20-45 yr olds

I suspect that will only be known once we have proposals and structures to look at 

On 12/18/2019 at 6:55 PM, Fawlty Towers said:

What should have happened, what I would have liked to happen, which is the best model for a club of our size and other such questions are redundant because the decision has been made. Some will say it not what they wanted but do things that you don't want to happen actually happen on a near daily basis without  people going mad? I wanted my bus home tonight to be on time but it was late however when it came I did not refuse to get on to show my distain as that would be cutting of my nose to spite my face. The current position needs to be dealt with so let's deal with it and not theoretical situations that may or may not be better/worse.

Well said.