Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

On 12/18/2019 at 6:55 PM, Fawlty Towers said:

What should have happened, what I would have liked to happen, which is the best model for a club of our size and other such questions are redundant because the decision has been made. Some will say it not what they wanted but do things that you don't want to happen actually happen on a near daily basis without  people going mad? I wanted my bus home tonight to be on time but it was late however when it came I did not refuse to get on to show my distain as that would be cutting of my nose to spite my face. The current position needs to be dealt with so let's deal with it and not theoretical situations that may or may not be better/worse.

Exactly....Colin weir who owns the club has decided he would like us to be community owned as I understand it he has not asked for other ideas or models .......there  is now a process in place to determine what this should look like and how it would work ....this is currently the only game in town ....so we either engage with this or we sit on the sidelines ( but if that is your choice it would be better if you didn’t try to undermine the process until we have something concrete to look at, if you have questions or suggestions that’s for the working group is for ) ......the working groups are composed of people who were in tfe, the trust and neither but all are jags fans who want the best for the club

we can debate how we got here but here is where we move from like it or not 

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

Exactly....Colin weir who owns the club has decided he would like us to be community owned as I understand it he has not asked for other ideas or models .......there  is now a process in place to determine what this should look like and how it would work ....this is currently the only game in town ....so we either engage with this or we sit on the sidelines ( but if that is your choice it would be better if you didn’t try to undermine the process until we have something concrete to look at, if you have questions or suggestions that’s for the working group is for ) ......the working groups are composed of people who were in tfe, the trust and neither but all are jags fans who want the best for the club

we can debate how we got here but here is where we move from like it or not 

Colin Weir doesnt own the Club he is Majority Shareholder 

Colin Weir was sold the Concept by TFE supported by the Thistle Trust - there was no discussion on practicalities or reality beyond that 

No one can answer how the Budget Deficit will be addressed - that is reality - everything else is just talking 

The Working Groups are decided by TFE  -

No alternative Plans are being considered beyond the one put forward by TFE and fronted by Paul Goodwin - Good Luck with that  ...........

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Colin Weir doesnt own the Club he is Majority Shareholder 

Colin Weir was sold the Concept by TFE supported by the Thistle Trust - there was no discussion on practicalities or reality beyond that 

No one can answer how the Budget Deficit will be addressed - that is reality - everything else is just talking 

The Working Groups are decided by TFE  -

No alternative Plans are being considered beyond the one put forward by TFE and fronted by Paul Goodwin - Good Luck with that  ...........

Colin Weir doesn’t own the club.... only 65% of the shares dear oh dear 

what has happened to the apparent deficit since June ?

the working groups are not decided by tfe ....I was in discussion yesterday about joining one and that person was never in tfe ....your stuck in the past 

what alternative plans do you have ?

37 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Colin Weir doesn’t own the club.... only 65% of the shares dear oh dear 

what has happened to the apparent deficit since June ?

the working groups are not decided by tfe ....I was in discussion yesterday about joining one and that person was never in tfe ....your stuck in the past 

what alternative plans do you have ?

55% 

The deficit was covered by the Sale of Players - what part of that dont you understand ?

The Working Groups were decided by TFE - we have No idea who TFE are and who was involved ?  

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

55% 

The deficit was covered by the Sale of Players - what part of that dont you understand ?

The Working Groups were decided by TFE - we have No idea who TFE are and who was involved ?  

Ok he bought 55% and he already had 10% so that equals 65% so we can all agree he owns the club 

my point is that you don’t know what has happened since June for example has Colin weir written it off ? 

Eh on the clubs website it tells you the groups and who is on them !!!

3 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

I'm a bit lost....the club's running at a deficit?

No.

We don't know what state the finances will be in when they get handed over to fan ownership. I strongly suspect that the fans will be given a clean slate and from there it will be the job of the fan directors to run a break even budget. However that does not suit some peoples agenda.

Besides, deficits (as has frequently been pointed out by JJ) is the role for the directors. The working group (which this thread is about) is to decide on the model after takeover. It has already been stated that the working group and the directors are separate entities to avoid any conflict of interest. Any deficit is therefore TOTALLY IRRELEVANT to this thread (but feel free to start one on interim directors)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark Passenger said:

I'm a bit lost....the club's running at a deficit?

No - there was a Budget deficit for this Season when Budgets were drawn up in May 19 ( as stated  at the AGM ) 

This would have been the Budget we used for this Season - however we received the unforecasted Transfer Monies from Liam & Fitzy which balanced the deficit 

Therefore going into next Season Income is unlikely to change - assuming a similar level of Spending plus we dont have the £250K Parachute payment we carry that Budget deficit forward 

Now it could be answered that Budgets are massively cut - but quick guess thats in the region of 40% ( by my estimate ) 

People are confusing Debt with Cashflow -its Cashflow that kills Companies - not debt 

38 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Debt with Cashflow -its Cashflow that kills Companies - not debt 

Eh no .... both can kill companies ....debt killed rangers 

and let’s be honest you are just speculating on the finances when we could all agree that we don’t have information on what they currently are or will be for next season 

40 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Eh no .... both can kill companies ....debt killed rangers 

and let’s be honest you are just speculating on the finances when we could all agree that we don’t have information on what they currently are or will be for next season 

It wasnt the debt that killed Rangers. It was the tax bill from HMRC. There were plenty of people willing to buy Rangers and service the debt, but with HMRC's huge tax demand nobody wanted to touch it.

From the Working Group's Facebook page:

"We've started to receive forms back from people interested in joining the Working Group but we are still looking for people to get involved.

If you have an Application Form you would like to drop off or want to pick one up with a view to completing it then you can do so at the game tomorrow.

Forms are available to be picked up or dropped off before the game at the programme stall at the South End of the Jackie Husband Stand and from the calendar stall at the North End of the Jackie Husband Stand.

We should have someone able to take your form or provide you with one in the John Lambie Stand at half-time. Location to be confirmed.

Additionally a member of the Working Group will be in the Aitken Suite from around 12:30 tomorrow until 2:15 if you want to have an informal chat and find out more about the Working Group. They will also have some forms."

4 hours ago, Big Col said:

So you have total confidence in Mr Goodwin do you? Because he didn’t come across at all well the other night and other clubs he’s been involved with don’t give him a good reference.

What is it you see in him?

Personally I don’t see anything in him....don’t know him , haven’t talked to him and wouldn’t know him if I passed him on the street.....but I’m not sure why you are reducing community ownership to whether you like Paul Goodwin or not ? Do you like Allan heron or Tom hosie who are also involved ? Is there an approved list of acceptable thistle fans ?

But what’s the alternative you would sell to Colin weir ?

The more we look into this the more this looks like a clique who think they know what's best. The working group are to report back to 3BC and then gain their approval for the set up? Controlling the agenda? If Mr Weir is serious about fan ownership then he should let TFE, Jags Trust etc to invite people to make a case, run for election and then abide by the results.

As for Paul Goodwin? All I have read is nothing but negative. He seems to be a self important self promoting figure, who seems to be in need of people rubbing his ego.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

The more we look into this the more this looks like a clique who think they know what's best. The working group are to report back to 3BC and then gain their approval for the set up? Controlling the agenda? If Mr Weir is serious about fan ownership then he should let TFE, Jags Trust etc to invite people to make a case, run for election and then abide by the results.

As for Paul Goodwin? All I have read is nothing but negative. He seems to be a self important self promoting figure, who seems to be in need of people rubbing his ego.

Isn't this what is happening?

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

What you want to happen is what is actually happening !
yes the working group has to present proposals to 3BC which they need to approve as will the club as it involves the legal transfer of shares 

15 hours ago, javeajag said:

Personally I don’t see anything in him....don’t know him , haven’t talked to him and wouldn’t know him if I passed him on the street.....but I’m not sure why you are reducing community ownership to whether you like Paul Goodwin or not ? Do you like Allan heron or Tom hosie who are also involved ? Is there an approved list of acceptable thistle fans ?

But what’s the alternative you would sell to Colin weir ?

Goodwin is clearly running the show and you seem to be the chief cheerleader for what he’s doing. So even though you don’t know him or his background, you’re entrusting the future of our club in his hands without question.