Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

4 hours ago, Junior said:

Few random thoughts

- Merge ALL fans sharholdings under one group, there are at best just over 2000 adult fans here who may be interested , we dont need multple groups IMO

- Fans now own over 80% of the club. We make a commitment to sell some of the share to fans who want to invest leaving minimum 51% of the share in fans groups. Leads into next point..

- Follow FoH model and ask fans for monthly "donations" , maybe look to reinvent the Centernary Fund or repurpose that to raise money to be held "for emergencies". We dont need to raise to cover the share purchase but as a club you will have times you need an immediate influx of cash , this could be a method of doing so as long as its ringfenced and cant be just spent in a " oh we just need one more player..." scenario

-Establish funds for specific requirements - stadium works etc and stick to it

-Set a breakeven budget, fans will be unhappy as it will be a reduction in the playing budget - idiots last year setting a £1m deficit should be shot for that (not literally)

-Make Jagzone free to air , yeah it will cost but try get sponsors to offset some of the cost and allow all fans to see the media content

All very sensible and reasonable suggestions - key to all of this is exactly how much say are the Fans going to have in Running the Club and that the Elected Board is not simply Window Dressing where the real Power lies elsewhere 

Also there is a Major Danger that if we hit Cashflow issues - there are those watching developments as we speak who would move in and take us over on the Cheap as we would be desperate 

However I like the idea of an Emergency Fund with very strict Rules of use and targeted Funding 

Fans will have to accept that we are not getting promoted anytime soon and its going to be merely survival in this division for a Number of Years - this "Top 6 Myth " put out by TFE is simply not reality as most Clubs will be better funded than Thistle 

People want "Fan Ownership" well welcome to an Upmarket Stirling Albion - we are not going to be FC Barca  

Dundee with Wide Support amongst the Fanbase lasted 2 Years under Fan Ownership - something TFE forgot to mention and that was with Fan Support 

4 hours ago, Junior said:

Few random thoughts

- Merge ALL fans sharholdings under one group, there are at best just over 2000 adult fans here who may be interested , we dont need multple groups IMO

- Fans now own over 80% of the club. We make a commitment to sell some of the share to fans who want to invest leaving minimum 51% of the share in fans groups. Leads into next point..

- Follow FoH model and ask fans for monthly "donations" , maybe look to reinvent the Centernary Fund or repurpose that to raise money to be held "for emergencies". We dont need to raise to cover the share purchase but as a club you will have times you need an immediate influx of cash , this could be a method of doing so as long as its ringfenced and cant be just spent in a " oh we just need one more player..." scenario

-Establish funds for specific requirements - stadium works etc and stick to it

-Set a breakeven budget, fans will be unhappy as it will be a reduction in the playing budget - idiots last year setting a £1m deficit should be shot for that (not literally)

-Make Jagzone free to air , yeah it will cost but try get sponsors to offset some of the cost and allow all fans to see the media content

The bit in bold would concern me. How do you ensure that the people you sell to are "fans" and that they are intending to invest? As there is likely to be NO chance of a financial return on any investment then why not have the club 100% owned by the fans organisation then these kind people who have money to put into the club can do as you suggest in the following paragraph.

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

there are those watching developments as we speak who would move in and take us over on the Cheap as we would be desperate

I love vague pish like this, "in the know" snide comments with no elaboration whatsoever. It's what makes this forum so great.

Pull whatever "knowledge" you have out of your arse or keep it there.

On 12/24/2019 at 11:02 PM, West of Scotland said:

I love vague pish like this, "in the know" snide comments with no elaboration whatsoever. It's what makes this forum so great.

Pull whatever "knowledge" you have out of your arse or keep it there.

Are you seriously that niave to think that a Club that declared a £750K Budget deficit for this Season - which is now going to be handed over to Fans - with No plans how to close the Budget Deficit and with a Property Assett of Circa £5MN isnt raising interest by those looking to buy a Football Club on the Cheap ? 

You are deluded if you think thats not happening - there is nothing "Snide" I have expressed my concerns up front and Open - I think TFE are pushing us in a direction that has no real support in the Fan Base and towards something that puts the Club in Danger - thats my View - No one has come up with anything beyond "they are Thistle Fans " to counter my concerns 

So dont bother accussing me of "snide" comments       

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

1 hour ago, allyo said:

I genuinely think there is nothing to counter your concerns, which are real, and can only be overcome by serious fan engagement and commitment of time and money.

Serious Fan Engagement - are you joking 

Where was  the Fan Engagement from TFE and the Thistle Trust that "decided " along with Colin Weir that this was Good for the Future of the Club 

Where was thye due diligence on how the "Fans" were going to be able to balance the Books ? 

Who is going to commit the sort of Money thats required - Colin Weir goes end of March - we have No idea who takes over - how its funded - who is going to be in charge 

3BC will decide if the proposals are to there liking - if they dont - what happens - well Mr Goodwin assures us that wont happen - oh well thats reassuring 

Motherwell took Circa 2 Years with a LOT of support from the previous Owner and a Big Support from there Fans - last count was circa 300 pledges from  Thistle - do you seriuosly think that is  a sustainable Business Model 

This isn't going to be some sort of Joyful pulling together of Thistle Fans  -its going to be Dundee FC Trust - but pointing that out is "sniping" 

In most cases of Fan Ownership you have a Groundswell of support - we dont - Half Dozen people decided and we are being lumbered with it 

7 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Serious Fan Engagement - are you joking 

Where was  the Fan Engagement from TFE and the Thistle Trust that "decided " along with Colin Weir that this was Good for the Future of the Club 

Where was thye due diligence on how the "Fans" were going to be able to balance the Books ? 

Who is going to commit the sort of Money thats required - Colin Weir goes end of March - we have No idea who takes over - how its funded - who is going to be in charge 

3BC will decide if the proposals are to there liking - if they dont - what happens - well Mr Goodwin assures us that wont happen - oh well thats reassuring 

Motherwell took Circa 2 Years with a LOT of support from the previous Owner and a Big Support from there Fans - last count was circa 300 pledges from  Thistle - do you seriuosly think that is  a sustainable Business Model 

This isn't going to be some sort of Joyful pulling together of Thistle Fans  -its going to be Dundee FC Trust - but pointing that out is "sniping" 

In most cases of Fan Ownership you have a Groundswell of support - we dont - Half Dozen people decided and we are being lumbered with it 

Think you told us lots of times , that you trusted David Beattie’s integrity to do the right thing for the Club, surely you’re not doubting David Beattie now ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Think you told us lots of times , that you trusted David Beattie’s integrity to do the right thing for the Club, surely you’re not doubting David Beattie now ?

And Im stating it again - not sure about your obsession with David Beattie - but carry on - doesnt change the pertinent facts of where we are   

Notice you havent or at anytime responded to the issues raise - much preferring to deflect regards David Beattie 

So If Im wrong state where Im wrong - not irrelevant remarks regards a past Chairman - discuss whats been said ? 

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

And Im stating it again - not sure about your obsession with David Beattie - but carry on - doesnt change the pertinent facts of where we are   

Notice you havent or at anytime responded to the issues raise - much preferring to deflect regards David Beattie 

So If Im wrong state where Im wrong - not irrelevant remarks regards a past Chairman - discuss whats been said ? 

Why is it you call everyone obsessed or obsessive when legitimate points are made, while simultaneously posting several hundred times on the same subject? Its ironically obsessive....

Edited by dl1971
Typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I had a bet you would post something inappropriate in this thread - because any post at this time is -  given Colin weirs passing .....leave it till 2020

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Do us all a favour and drop the subject at this moment in time, out of respect for the clubs owner!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 5
  • Downvote 3

18 hours ago, javeajag said:

I had a bet you would post something inappropriate in this thread - because any post at this time is -  given Colin weirs passing .....leave it till 2020

I strongly suggest you stop making stuff up - I replied to a Poster - I havent said anything in any shape or form that is remotely inappropriate - dont dare accuse me of something that is not true or attempt to twist things for your own ends - unbelievable 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Colin Weir's estate set to be decided by the courts according to The Telegraph. This could financially leave us hamstrung if the shares or ground deeds haven't been transferred yet.

He has already paid for the shares he bought and firhill development.... money was lodged the day after the sale was announced 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

He has already paid for the shares he bought and firhill development.... money was lodged the day after the sale was announced 

But if they are still part of his estate then that would be part of any court proceedings. As far as I am aware there has been no transfer of those shares to anyone else/group. They are owned by the Weir estate.

8 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

But if they are still part of his estate then that would be part of any court proceedings. As far as I am aware there has been no transfer of those shares to anyone else/group. They are owned by the Weir estate.

The shares I think are owned by 3BC as that was the vehicle which acquired them .... Where the ownership of 3BC goes now is the question 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

The shares I think are owned by 3BC as that was the vehicle which acquired them .... Where the ownership of 3BC goes now is the question 

All depends on how the estate is divided and the wishes of those who get 3BC’s. 
The timescale for this (according to the article) could be years

21 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

As Lindau said above best not to speculate at this sensitive moment in time  To do otherwise is bordering on crass. Let's show some respect and class for a week or two. 

And as some lawyers chase ambulances, the Telegraph article looks like wishful thinking by others, hoping for an opportunity to make a name for themselves.

• Like 3