Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

• 3 weeks later...

Has there been any attempt to have contributions from previous boards?  I know this is a new dawn but we  should get advice wherever we can.  We had people who had started companies (e.g Apex Hotels), turned companies around (e.g Hunter wellies), ran companies for years and had decades of experiences in areas such as law and accountancy.  All Thistle fans who put far more time and £ than I ever will.  All I see now is the return of J Low (who i know is 3 Black Cats rep).

13 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Has there been any attempt to have contributions from previous boards?  I know this is a new dawn but we  should get advice wherever we can.  We had people who had started companies (e.g Apex Hotels), turned companies around (e.g Hunter wellies), ran companies for years and had decades of experiences in areas such as law and accountancy.  All Thistle fans who put far more time and £ than I ever will.  All I see now is the return of J Low (who i know is 3 Black Cats rep).

If these people you mention were wanting to get invoved and offer their advice, I can't see any reason for them not to.

14 hours ago, scotty said:

If these people you mention were wanting to get invoved and offer their advice, I can't see any reason for them not to.

Probably feel a bit bruised. It's a thankless task putting £ and time in. The last "meet the board" event I thought was a bit cheeky. Fans now on these working groups giving grief as Colin Weir went incommunicado and pulled funding. 

A club our size needs to reach out, use contacts and networks to keep in with people in various industries.  It worries me that the only boardroom person I recognise at the club is Jaqui Low.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, eljaggo said:

Why has there been no response from anyone at all to any of the questions raised above by Norgethistle?

To be fair even the twitter feed and Facebook posts don’t seem to get many comments, likes or shares. Not sure if that’s a gauge to the overall buy in from the fanbase at large

18 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Good to get a bit more on the who what I’m looking forward to is the how

Ditto. But I have to acknowledge that the working groups have a huge amount of work to turn this around and create sustainable solutions by the end of March. 

Its going to be a tough ask.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sandy said:

Ditto. But I have to acknowledge that the working groups have a huge amount of work to turn this around and create sustainable solutions by the end of March. 

Its going to be a tough ask.

In normal business. Performing a takeover of a business with the turnover and amount of employees (not to mention  vocal customers ) that Thistle have in 2 months, including completely changing structure, reporting and accountability of the company, plus creating a completely new business model for a team working full time on it would be a challenge. 
A lot of work for the guys who volunteered to do it in their spare time.  I may not agree with the path that’s being taken but I admire the effort 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

In normal business. Performing a takeover of a business with the turnover and amount of employees (not to mention  vocal customers ) that Thistle have in 2 months, including completely changing structure, reporting and accountability of the company, plus creating a completely new business model for a team working full time on it would be a challenge. 
A lot of work for the guys who volunteered to do it in their spare time.  I may not agree with the path that’s being taken but I admire the effort 

Won’t happen by the end of March 

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Is that your thoughts on it or do you know that?

Nothing in the program notes to state otherwise 

Don’t know anything but the end of march is 8 weeks away and there is a lot to do ......better to do it right than quickly ....it was always an unrealistic deadline in my view 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

No idea 

So if the timeline put forward was unrealistic can the same be said of the viability of actually having fan ownership?

Its a genuine question as we’ve been told by Paul Goodwin that we are viable and we can do this by March. I also hope the mistakes of Stirling have been learned in regards to set up, where as currently even if the fans decide they want to sell X% of the club to an investor they can’t so are reliant on sponsored car washes, bingo nights etc to try to plug gaps. Remembering we will only have 8% of the club not owned by either this model, The Jags Trust or Partick Thistle Trust

Not wanting to get involved in the recent round of posts. Instead I'm drawn to this thread due to today's PTFC statement re the recent Celtic ticketing issues. Personally I'm fine with what happened the other week in so much as we've got an interim board just now, who will/should be prioritising on longer term things. 

The only point I want to make is that the next time we play a home game against either of the ugly sisters we will/should be a fan owned Club. Point then being if things go wrong re housing of away and home support we fans will only have ourselves to blame. If I've any complaints to make about the running of the Club over recent years most grievances nearly always return to whatever board we've had not listening to us (the Jags Support).  That should and must be a thing of the past.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

So if the timeline put forward was unrealistic can the same be said of the viability of actually having fan ownership?

Its a genuine question as we’ve been told by Paul Goodwin that we are viable and we can do this by March. I also hope the mistakes of Stirling have been learned in regards to set up, where as currently even if the fans decide they want to sell X% of the club to an investor they can’t so are reliant on sponsored car washes, bingo nights etc to try to plug gaps. Remembering we will only have 8% of the club not owned by either this model, The Jags Trust or Partick Thistle Trust

Personally I don’t know .....six months was an ambitious timetable in my view add in the Christmas break , Colin weirs passing etc and it’s tight.....I suspect the deadline was chosen to demonstrate commitment to getting it done 

id much prefer we recognized this and moved the deadline three months to the end of June 

even under fan ownership there is nothing to stop anyone giving the club money 

27 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Personally I don’t know .....six months was an ambitious timetable in my view add in the Christmas break , Colin weirs passing etc and it’s tight.....I suspect the deadline was chosen to demonstrate commitment to getting it done 

id much prefer we recognized this and moved the deadline three months to the end of June 

even under fan ownership there is nothing to stop anyone giving the club money 

Motherwell set a target of 3 to 5 years, Foundation of Hearts was higher. Both with larger supports and bigger slice of local community than us, yet PG stated March.  Yet he states the Motherwell method is what we are aiming for. 
First rule make sure any goals you set especially publicly are achievable 

Motherwell set a target of 3 to 5 years, Foundation of Hearts was higher. Both with larger supports and bigger slice of local community than us, yet PG stated March.  Yet he states the Motherwell method is what we are aiming for. 
First rule make sure any goals you set especially publicly are achievable 

And they may be ....we will see 

27 minutes ago, javeajag said:

And they may be ....we will see 

If they don’t it won’t be through lack of effort from the guys who signed up over last few weeks who to be honest have been given a task akin to pushing water up a hill with a sieve to have it done in this timeframe.

This though is very typical  Thistle, setting public timeframes that even though challenged at the start by a majority of fans, it’s stated it can be done, then it slips and more often than not never happens.