Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

23 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

wut

Now, I'm not saying a majority of fans support fan ownership, but to say a majority challenged the proposed timefeame is complete bunkum.

I think that’s right and we don’t actually know if the deadline will be met or not .....though I think the concept of fan ownership is probably supported by a majority of fans 

7 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

wut

Now, I'm not saying a majority of fans support fan ownership, but to say a majority challenged the proposed timefeame is complete bunkum.

A huge amount of fans stated that performing this by March was nigh on impossible if it was to be done correctly. On here, FB, Twitter and P&B. 18 weeks from 21st November to end of March less Christmas etc.

Application form for members to join working group took 4 weeks

Having them on board took another 4.

Half the timescale to do this in was taken up just getting the team together. Which I would expect as a normal timescale (8 weeks) for that task alone.

Even allowing for these guys to give up 2 nights after work every week (which is a huge commitment) effectively gives 2 weeks if a  full time position to carry this out. I wouldn’t envy the task, and communicating that deadline so early on out undue pressure and expectations prior to everything else.

There is only one shot at this, there is no Plan B (to my knowledge), not only does it need to be set up right first time, it also needs to win the vast majority of the supporters over at the same time.

There are quite a few good guys on this but it’s a huge, complicated task, with an incredibly tight timeframe 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, javeajag said:

I think that’s right and we don’t actually know if the deadline will be met or not .....though I think the concept of fan ownership is probably supported by a majority of fans 

I think its a bit like most people would Vote for More Sunshine - however there has been No reasoned debate as to the Merits or Risks - we were just told we were getting it as part of a TFE / Colin Weir deal 

What we end up with know one Knows - who will be Running the Club - No One Knows  - How is it being Financed Going Forward - No One Knows 

The reality was that demand for Fan Ownership was zero before TFE - so  I think the position we are in is that we are getting in so there is No debate to be had 

What we Get - Who decides - Who is in Charge - When - If - thats all very much up in the Air  

54 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I think its a bit like most people would Vote for More Sunshine - however there has been No reasoned debate as to the Merits or Risks - we were just told we were getting it as part of a TFE / Colin Weir deal 

What we end up with know one Knows - who will be Running the Club - No One Knows  - How is it being Financed Going Forward - No One Knows 

The reality was that demand for Fan Ownership was zero before TFE - so  I think the position we are in is that we are getting in so there is No debate to be had 

What we Get - Who decides - Who is in Charge - When - If - thats all very much up in the Air  

It’s 

something in the air 

vs

you can’t always get what you want 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

And, just in my humble nomad opinion, we’re still a million times better off than if we’d bought by the other shadowy mob. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, javeajag said:

It’s 

something in the air 

vs

you can’t always get what you want 

Colin Weir along with TFE decided for the Fans - he had the Euro Millions - so he gets to decide that just life 

However as a Fan Im entitled to question if its the correct move - also as yet its still to happen - long way to go - we were promised a Training Academy - so lets just see what we end up with - will it be a Club Rub by the Fans - For the Fans - who knows ?   

15 hours ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

And, just in my humble nomad opinion, we’re still a million times better off than if we’d bought by the other shadowy mob. 

Well Forums are all about Opinions and we still dont know how things are going to pan out and who will run the Club - so lets just see what develops   

5 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Colin Weir along with TFE decided for the Fans - he had the Euro Millions - so he gets to decide that just life 

However as a Fan Im entitled to question if its the correct move - also as yet its still to happen - long way to go - we were promised a Training Academy - so lets just see what we end up with - will it be a Club Rub by the Fans - For the Fans - who knows ?   

We will see what happens but there was clearly much less enthusiasm from the awful consortium 

47 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Not this sh*t again. Colin Weir along with David Beattie (and the rest of the selling shareholders) decided Thistle's destiny.

Before TFE - Fan Ownership had never been discussed by any Fan - they pushed for it - they had the Big Pr Campiagn - they were the Saviours from the Horrible Consortium - Mr Goodwin  and his Gang sold the Dream to  Colin Weir - he bought it - so save your Anger - what ive said is factually correct 

David Beattie  etc Sold There Shares - Without TFE pushing for this we have No idea what the alternatives were - they Own it - for Good or for Bad - TFE - there visible & invisible Gang - there Supporters on the Trust - they own it - its theirs 

So TFE - there Gang - this is there Dream - is it what Fans want - No idea - they were never consulted - Twitter had a Greater Say in the decision than the Fans did 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

We will see what happens but there was clearly much less enthusiasm from the awful consortium 

We have No idea if there was - there was a sustained well run PR Campiagn against it - and a Sustained Well Run PR Campaign by TFE for there version of Ownership - so we dont actually know who supported what     

36 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

We have No idea if there was - there was a sustained well run PR Campiagn against it - and a Sustained Well Run PR Campaign by TFE for there version of Ownership - so we dont actually know who supported what     

Don’t agree with any of that 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Before TFE - Fan Ownership had never been discussed by any Fan - they pushed for it - they had the Big Pr Campiagn - they were the Saviours from the Horrible Consortium - Mr Goodwin  and his Gang sold the Dream to  Colin Weir - he bought it - so save your Anger - what ive said is factually correct

I'm not angry. And you're partly correct.

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

And there was no PR push behind the board changes and potential sale to the consortium? Pull the other one, mate.

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

And there was no PR push behind the board changes and potential sale to the consortium? Pull the other one, mate.

Show me where the organised Twitter Campaign was ? 

- Show me where the Press Briefings were ?

Show me where there were people in Support of it who were Members of TFE or the Thistle Trust pushing on Social Media without declaring there position in these organisations ? 

If it was organised - well it was very badly organised-  but then again it didn't have a number of PR Professionals ? 

The Public Meeting with Ronnie G & Norman was a Carcrash  - did they appear to be part of a Grand Conspiracy ?   Well thought out ? 

Was there Pro Board Change People - Yes - but the same Posters had been highly critical of the Board for a long period of time - so it was not "organised " 

But lets see where we end up - and who ends up Running the Club ? 

If its 100% Fans - elected by Fans then fine - I still think from an Operational and Financial Perspective its a very poor way to do it - but  thats my view - however they would get my 100% Support to make it work  

- HOWEVER lets see who ends up making the decisions and running the Club  - long long way for this to run 

25 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

If its 100% Fans - elected by Fans then fine - I still think from an Operational and Financial Perspective its a very poor way to do it - but  thats my view - however they would get my 100% Support to make it work  

It was mostly done via the fan Facebook groups, but there was, of course, cross-platform chat.

The Daily Mail was briefed.

A small number of fans were briefed.

Get behind it, then.

Foundation of Hearts have paid back their £2.4 million to Ann Budge and she will transfer her shares to FoH when she gets £100,000 but intends to continue to run the club. The FoH apparently will hold the shares and while the club is effectively fan-owned it won't have the club ran by fans.

"It is the entity of FoH who are protecting and holding the shares on behalf of the shareholders. It doesn't mean they are going to run the club.

"I've said repeatedly that fan ownership does not mean fans running the club. We can't have that. If that happens, I genuinely believe it would be a disaster and it would undermine everything that we've done."

Full article- Edinburgh Evening News

37 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Foundation of Hearts have paid back their £2.4 million to Ann Budge and she will transfer her shares to FoH when she gets £100,000 but intends to continue to run the club. The FoH apparently will hold the shares and while the club is effectively fan-owned it won't have the club ran by fans.

"It is the entity of FoH who are protecting and holding the shares on behalf of the shareholders. It doesn't mean they are going to run the club.

"I've said repeatedly that fan ownership does not mean fans running the club. We can't have that. If that happens, I genuinely believe it would be a disaster and it would undermine everything that we've done."

Bloody hell

45 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Well. That must put some doubts in a few minds.

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Show me where there were people in Support of it who were Members of TFE or the Thistle Trust pushing on Social Media without declaring there position in these organisations ? 

If it was organised - well it was very badly organised-  but then again it didn't have a number of PR Professionals ? 

The Public Meeting with Ronnie G & Norman was a Carcrash  - did they appear to be part of a Grand Conspiracy ?   Well thought out ? 

Was there Pro Board Change People - Yes - but the same Posters had been highly critical of the Board for a long period of time - so it was not "organised " 

But lets see where we end up - and who ends up Running the Club ? 

- HOWEVER lets see who ends up making the decisions and running the Club  - long long way for this to run 

You were a well known supporter of the dreadful consortium despite being unable to tell us who they were , what their plans were or what there track record was  ( apparently their profit motive was good enough ) ....now of course you demand all these answers  from fan ownership before the process has finished ..what a joke