Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

My main issue with the whole thing is that it was blatantly obvious there was absolutely no intention in having the shares transferred by March.... and in all honesty I don’t understand why? I recall when the training ground project started 3BC confirmed they had ring fenced millions within the company for the facility, I think it was 5 but I can’t remember. Obviously this is no longer happening but I’m presuming it is more than enough money to buy the land and the shares etc.  My understanding of Scots Law and I may be wrong but I have read up online, is the company’s assets won’t actually be frozen in the estate, if the money is still to be transferred from other accounts or whatever sure it can’t happen but if not and it is in the company, then 3BC directorship are more than capable of making these transactions happen all it takes is them confirming them, making instructions for payments etc.... which would imply for whatever reason they are choosing not to? 

I am sure TWG will be fully aware of 3BC current situation and what is going on.  The shares not being transferred and who is going on the board etc so to say they wouldn’t be is just kidding yourself... they are as responsible in this as 3BC are! 

With Jacqui Low I just can’t believe she’s back. It’s truly made me loose all faith in the club and made me want to give up going to something I’ve loved since I was younger.  In all honesty she is only on that board because her position was bought for her and she doesn’t have the skill or knowledge to run a club and that has certainly been proven before.  It just shows no one is caring about the club or concerned about the path it is going down. 

As a fan I am starting to question are these shares ever going to be transferred.  I’d imagine given how long it takes for certain business transactions that everything was signed off by Colin well in advance of him passing and it’s purely a case of the company’s board administering those requests.  I don’t understand why then there would be such a delay and to me it’s so insulting to his legacy with the club, all so Jacqui Low can have her 5 minutes of fame as chairman that no one wants. 

That turned into quite a rant! But I am so beyond pissed off which the situation with our club and have given up any interest in wanting to support a club that 3BC want to bury into the ground even though one of them was supposed to be Colin’s friend. 

F&ck me these communications from the working group, trust, club are so longwinded I need to write down and bullet point to get any logic from them.  I cringe reading them.  Keep it simple please.

On another note we have all been in work where the manager/leader(s) are lacking something. Even teachers when you were at school.  You can smell it.  Everyone knows it.  It damages the culture of the organisation. That person for us is Ms J Low.  Very problematic. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

He isnt the head of Supporters Direct - he has his own Supporters Group - nothing to do with Supporters Direct 

His LINKEDIN page shows him as, 'Head of Supporters Direct Scotland' and the email I received was from 'Supporters Direct Scotland'. so there appears to be a tie-up of some sort.

He is also listed as a co-founder of the 'Scottish Football Supporters Association'

• 3 months later...

Just thought I would dust this thread off as I read that Morton will be moving to fan ownership. It will be interesting to see how they do and maybe give us an indication of what works and what doesn't before we get there.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/greenock-morton-set-community-ownership-22324991

25 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Just thought I would dust this thread off as I read that Morton will be moving to fan ownership. It will be interesting to see how they do and maybe give us an indication of what works and what doesn't before we get there.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/greenock-morton-set-community-ownership-22324991

They will sink like a stone and be in League 1/2 come 2025

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I’m guessing that everything is on hold for now until Colin Weirs estate is sorted out. Which could take a long time.

I presume that Mr Weir ( RIP) did have a final will, and in all probability an executor lined up, but Grant of Probate currently takes in excess of three months.  It can take a couple of years thereafter to wind up an estate. (Sale of houses, etc).

I don't expect any movement anytime soon.

13 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I presume that Mr Weir ( RIP) did have a final will, and in all probability an executor lined up, but Grant of Probate currently takes in excess of three months.  It can take a couple of years thereafter to wind up an estate. (Sale of houses, etc).

I don't expect any movement anytime soon.

Previous reports put the conclusion of his estate at 2 years. And a huge concern is that the ground deeds do not lie with Partick Thistle FC.

Edited by Garscube Road End

50 minutes ago, sandy said:

Morton are going to get there ahead of us...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53402218

Well! I am utterly shocked! Lol. With She devil back in charge  there will be a long delay to this, if not abandoned. And the stadium still isnt in the club's hands!!! A new house at Firhill Mews anyone?

Edited by Garscube Road End

49 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Well! I am utterly shocked! Lol. With She devil back in charge  there will be a long delay to this, if not abandoned. And the stadium still isnt in the club's hands!!! A new house at Firhill Mews anyone?

No doubt the Working Group will be communicating soon to re-assure is that the grand Goodwin plan is all on track to deliver.

With the threat of expulsion hanging over us maybe this gives us the chance to start Partick Thistle Newco and start in the 8th tier of Scottish football and rise through the well establish Scottish football pyramid set up in glory. It will be like one these football manager experiments.

I am of course joking before anyone has a go at me :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 11:45 AM, sandy said:

No doubt the Working Group will be communicating soon to re-assure is that the grand Goodwin plan is all on track to deliver.

Nothing from them since March. Now I know we’ve been on lockdown, but surely that may have freed up more time (folk not at work, not getting out) to work together online for this, and with the relegation/vote fiasco and the “us against the world” feeling it would have been ideal to push on. 

I wonder if Weirs estate potentially taking a few years to sort, then there is no reason to push on as nothing can happen till then.