Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Springburnjag

Fan Ownership Working Group

Recommended Posts

This has been hosted by tfe on Facebook this morning ....

Thanks everyone for your  patience. The Working Group is now active. An update will be sent to all TfE pledgers on Saturday & posted here too.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Yeah all pledgers, ignore everyone else unless they pay...hmmm here we go again!

That would be a good point had the quoted post from Facebook not made reference to the update being made available via that medium too. You woukd imagine that it woukd be available on the TfE website as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, admin said:

That would be a good point had the quoted post from Facebook not made reference to the update being made available via that medium too. You woukd imagine that it woukd be available on the TfE website as well. 

I do hope so, what we don't need is another club for the boys like the Trusts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I do hope so, what we don't need is another club for the boys like the Trusts

The update will be available publicly on Facebook tomorrow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fawlty Towers said:

From TfE's Facebook page:

We are now updating the database with all our new pledgers so our latest news will now be sent on Sunday.

Then Monday, then Tuesday, then March 2020 or December 2023.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pinhead said:

This TFE really give me the fear....i do hope i am proved to be wrong!

It does seem a bit strange that we have two constituted Fans Trusts but the working group is being set up by TFE ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

It does seem a bit strange that we have two constituted Fans Trusts but the working group is being set up by TFE ? 

 

Having gone back and read the statements on the official website from when the takeover was announced the working group is being set up by the PTFC Trust and TfE. What the Jags Trust involvement is beyond them being able to offer their opinions as fans I don't know. Their Board were in support of the consortium very early on but they have not made any direct comment since. I did note though in the last programme they were singing the praises of Supporters Direct Scotland who believe in greater fan ownership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Having gone back and read the statements on the official website from when the takeover was announced the working group is being set up by the PTFC Trust and TfE. What the Jags Trust involvement is beyond them being able to offer their opinions as fans I don't know. Their Board were in support of the consortium very early on but they have not made any direct comment since. I did note though in the last programme they were singing the praises of Supporters Direct Scotland who believe in greater fan ownership.

The Jags Trust also has to follow the wishes of their membership, (which I am a member of although I've not been to any meetings). They really can't go on acting like it's separate from all the re-organisation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scotty said:

The Jags Trust also has to follow the wishes of their membership, (which I am a member of although I've not been to any meetings). They really can't go on acting like it's separate from all the re-organisation.

I think they have to be invited first before they can take part ? 

But there place seems to have been taken over by TFE ? Wonder why that would be ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I think they have to be invited first before they can take part ? 

But there place seems to have been taken over by TFE ? Wonder why that would be ? 

The whole situation with the Jags Trust has been, in my opinion, very strange over recent years.

The years play tricks on the memory but can you remind me Jim if the decision not to allow the Jags Trust rep a place on the Club Board was when you were on the Board or was it after you had left it?

Edited by Fawlty Towers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the jags trust went from something meh to non existant when Peden and the NW Bus seized control and it became their own wee club

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just posted:

As previously announced, both Thistle for Ever and the PTFC Trust have been invited to be part of a Working Group to make recommendations to both the boards of Partick Thistle Football Club and Three Black Cats setting out how the club can move forward as a community-owned club.

Acceptance of these recommendations would trigger the transfer of shares from Three Black Cats to the appropriate vehicle considered most appropriate for this purpose.
A key part of this process will include engagement with Thistle fans on as wide a basis as possible so that the proposals can clearly be seen to have their approval.

The members of the core Working Group are:

Craig Dunn
Paul Goodwin
Pauline Graham
Allan Heron
Tom Hosie
Russel McPhate
Keith Rarity
Gordon Shaw
Elaine Sibbald
Ian Wright

This group is made up of fans associated with Thistle for Ever, PTFC Trust and others who have indicated an early interest in getting involved in this process. Please note that there are no Directors of the club included on the Working Group to avoid any conflict of interest as they will have a role in approving the recommendations arising.

The initial meeting of the Working Group will take place this week where we will firm up on future activities (which will include opportunities for other fans to get involved). However, we do anticipate that we will be issuing a questionnaire for fans to complete, with the intention of having a public meeting in January which will both share the results from this along with a wider discussion of what community ownership will mean.

A further announcement will be made as soon as possible after the meeting.

Thank you to everyone who helped so far.

Allan Heron
on behalf of the Working Group

#ThistleforEver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×