Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Actually you didn’t as I quoted you .....but who are these people ? Where are they ? 

I think you will find I referred to there Nett Worth 

We have the Previous Board Under David Beattie as a Core - and gradually bring on New Directors   

So there is a Plan B and it should be seriously considered - as Plan A carries massive risk    

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

We have the Previous Board Under David Beattie as a Core - and gradually bring on New Directors   

So there is a Plan B and it should be seriously considered - as Plan A carries massive risk    

A plan ? No it’s an idea 

11 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So if David Beattie and the previous board were willing to invest further in the club then why didn't they? They sold up. We need to move on!

Edited by scotty

34 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

There was nothing stopping them being asked to stay on as Directors - just because they sold there Shares doesn't mean they wouldn't be willing to remain as Directors - so what your stating is misleading 

So there is a group of people who have been fairly successful in running the club. I would have no problem with them running the club again.

But previously they were running a club that they owned. They don't own it now. The current owners don't want to hold on to possession of the club. They want to pass it on to "fan ownership" (which is as yet undefined). And however it works out, that fan ownership is going to need people to run the club.

I'd just like to understand what you are suggesting. Is it that, under a fan ownership model, the old board are assigned as a new board? Or that 3BC holds on to the club, and the old board runs it for them, without fan ownership transfer?

I don't see how either of these would be likely, but I'm interested to understand what you are suggesting.

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Jim, did you not have issues with directors who were not shareholders previously. The phrase "no skin in the game" comes to mind? If the consortium was not an option the shareholders, whom we were told often would do what was best for PTFC, did not have to sell to 3BC but they did.

Ah now I get it. I buy a house. Then give the house back to the people I paid good money for it. Plus they keep the profit between the original share value and current share value. Good business indeed. 

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

You mean David Beattie in trying to sell the club didn’t pursue all options ? 

David Beattie was the minority shareholder in the 55%.

Vilify him all you wish but his tenure on the board was when our club had its most success in 40 years and financially was turning a profit.

Lets see if your fan takeover charlatan can bring the same level of success to our club

3 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Jim, did you not have issues with directors who were not shareholders previously. The phrase "no skin in the game" comes to mind? If the consortium was not an option the shareholders, whom we were told often would do what was best for PTFC, did not have to sell to 3BC but they did.

Martin - we require an interim Board which can Transfer the Running of the Club to a different Model of circa Two Years - those taking over will need to have an experienced Board to work with as the Model is developed and we utilise there Contacts and Experience - whatismore they are Thistle Men  

What is being proposed currently isn't going to Work its as simple as that 

2 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Ah now I get it. I buy a house. Then give the house back to the people I paid good money for it. Plus they keep the profit between the original share value and current share value. Good business indeed. 

It has zero to do with Ownership its about Skills - Experience - Contacts - do you have a better Plan ? Or Better People - if so state it /them 

3 hours ago, allyo said:

So there is a group of people who have been fairly successful in running the club. I would have no problem with them running the club again.

But previously they were running a club that they owned. They don't own it now. The current owners don't want to hold on to possession of the club. They want to pass it on to "fan ownership" (which is as yet undefined). And however it works out, that fan ownership is going to need people to run the club.

I'd just like to understand what you are suggesting. Is it that, under a fan ownership model, the old board are assigned as a new board? Or that 3BC holds on to the club, and the old board runs it for them, without fan ownership transfer?

I don't see how either of these would be likely, but I'm interested to understand what you are suggesting.

For a Period of circa Two Years the Old Board Run the Club with a Gradual Move towards Fan Ownership when a Proper Structure and Experienced People are identified - Shares are assigned to the Fans but Running of the Club is by Experienced Directors and Gradual Change 

4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

For a Period of circa Two Years the Old Board Run the Club with a Gradual Move towards Fan Ownership when a Proper Structure and Experienced People are identified - Shares are assigned to the Fans but Running of the Club is by Experienced Directors and Gradual Change 

If this was ever a possibility then why didn't anyone on the old board ever put it forward as an alternative? The silence from them since the meet the manager with Caldwell (and even before that in Mr Beattie's case)  has been complete.  Are we to believe that you and Norge are their spokespersons or are you just throwing in non-starters as diversions and mischief making?

6 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

David Beattie was the minority shareholder in the 55%.

Vilify him all you wish but his tenure on the board was when our club had its most success in 40 years and financially was turning a profit.

Lets see if your fan takeover charlatan can bring the same level of success to our club

I wasn’t doing anything other than stating the obvious .....we are only here because our shareholders wanted to cash in and they did 

i am not aware that they tried all options to find other buyers or put in transition boards or anything else 

they only sold to Colin weir when the sfa knocked the idiot at Barnsley back 

You guys need to engage with Colin weir 

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Martin - we require an interim Board which can Transfer the Running of the Club to a different Model of circa Two Years - those taking over will need to have an experienced Board to work with as the Model is developed and we utilise there Contacts and Experience - whatismore they are Thistle Men  

What is being proposed currently isn't going to Work its as simple as that 

You need to engage with Colin weir and the thistle working group if you gave any ideas 

5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Btw who has ruled this out ?

maybe all this old board members with the club at heart will volunteer ? 

6 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

It has zero to do with Ownership its about Skills - Experience - Contacts - do you have a better Plan ? Or Better People - if so state it /them 

I confess I have no plan. But I'm fairly positive that there are some very good professional people out there with importantly, the club at heart who will do their utmost to make it work. Who knows they may even be better than what went before. I'll also confess that I dont have the skillset or time to devote to assisting ( huge sigh of relief from forum lol ). Whatever plan does evolve I'll support it the best I  can. Final thought.....just imagine right now if we didn't have access to Mr Weirs funding for the last few years.....yep far worse off than we are now.

Edited by dl1971
Typo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Thanks.

I must admit, that sounds like quite a good situation to me. Not sure whether the people involved would be up for it.