Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Springburnjag

Fan Ownership Working Group

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Just posted:

As previously announced, both Thistle for Ever and the PTFC Trust have been invited to be part of a Working Group to make recommendations to both the boards of Partick Thistle Football Club and Three Black Cats setting out how the club can move forward as a community-owned club.

Acceptance of these recommendations would trigger the transfer of shares from Three Black Cats to the appropriate vehicle considered most appropriate for this purpose.
A key part of this process will include engagement with Thistle fans on as wide a basis as possible so that the proposals can clearly be seen to have their approval.

The members of the core Working Group are:

Craig Dunn
Paul Goodwin
Pauline Graham
Allan Heron
Tom Hosie
Russel McPhate
Keith Rarity
Gordon Shaw
Elaine Sibbald
Ian Wright

This group is made up of fans associated with Thistle for Ever, PTFC Trust and others who have indicated an early interest in getting involved in this process. Please note that there are no Directors of the club included on the Working Group to avoid any conflict of interest as they will have a role in approving the recommendations arising.

The initial meeting of the Working Group will take place this week where we will firm up on future activities (which will include opportunities for other fans to get involved). However, we do anticipate that we will be issuing a questionnaire for fans to complete, with the intention of having a public meeting in January which will both share the results from this along with a wider discussion of what community ownership will mean.

A further announcement will be made as soon as possible after the meeting.

Thank you to everyone who helped so far.

Allan Heron
on behalf of the Working Group

#ThistleforEver

Apart from Paul Goodwin (TFE Director and Stirling Albion fan ownership setup), Pauline Graham (ex-PTFC Trust), Tom Hosie (Admin here and Ex program editor), and Alan Heron (ex Jags Trust) I don’t know the others, can someone provide a background on the others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Apart from Paul Goodwin (TFE Director and Stirling Albion fan ownership setup), Pauline Graham (ex-PTFC Trust), Tom Hosie (Admin here and Ex program editor), and Alan Heron (ex Jags Trust) I don’t know the others, can someone provide a background on the others

Russell McPhate aka dunfermlinejag......lawyer.....which makes some sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Apart from Paul Goodwin (TFE Director and Stirling Albion fan ownership setup), Pauline Graham (ex-PTFC Trust), Tom Hosie (Admin here and Ex program editor), and Alan Heron (ex Jags Trust) I don’t know the others, can someone provide a background on the others

Keith rarity....season ticket holder.....property valuations manager at pacitti jones 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Apart from Paul Goodwin (TFE Director and Stirling Albion fan ownership setup), Pauline Graham (ex-PTFC Trust), Tom Hosie (Admin here and Ex program editor), and Alan Heron (ex Jags Trust) I don’t know the others, can someone provide a background on the others

I’ll assume this is Craig Dunn
 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/training-ground-project-an-update/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been asked to  join the working group  because I am a solicitor, as Javeajag suggested. This isn't my principal field of expertise but I can find my way around a legal document so I hope I will be of some use in making sure that whatever the final structure chosen it is robust and fit for purpose.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of all the "noise" on the forum these days, I have not kept myself up to speed with ownership issues.  But in relation to the Working Group, I would like to raise three points.

First, I hope that the Group find a way to let all fans express their views formally to the Group before surveying the fans, and to make that opinion public. That might be useful in framing the questionnare, quite apart from the ideas raised.

Second, while pledges of cash from fans are fine, It would be better I think, to allow fans to purchase shares.  That would obviously be truer to the sentiment behind the Weir strategy.  It might also keep the final shareholding groups on their toes.

Third, I'm unsure whether anyone from the Jags Trust is on the Group.  As I and others have  already pointed out, a single fans trust must be a prime objective, to provide a unified fans' voice, and to allow a reform of the Trusts' , frankly shambolic, administration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

The whole situation with the Jags Trust has been, in my opinion, very strange over recent years.

The years play tricks on the memory but can you remind me Jim if the decision not to allow the Jags Trust rep a place on the Club Board was when you were on the Board or was it after you had left it?

No I was there - it was based on the fact that No one had put there name forward to run for the place of the Board Trust Rep 

What then transpired was that the JT Committee wanted to nominate a Board Rep - it was felt ( and I agreed ) that if No one could be bothered to put there name on a ballot Paper then the JT didnt have the support to have a Rep on the Board  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eljaggo said:

Because of all the "noise" on the forum these days, I have not kept myself up to speed with ownership issues.  But in relation to the Working Group, I would like to raise three points.

First, I hope that the Group find a way to let all fans express their views formally to the Group before surveying the fans, and to make that opinion public. That might be useful in framing the questionnare, quite apart from the ideas raised.

Second, while pledges of cash from fans are fine, It would be better I think, to allow fans to purchase shares.  That would obviously be truer to the sentiment behind the Weir strategy.  It might also keep the final shareholding groups on their toes.

Third, I'm unsure whether anyone from the Jags Trust is on the Group.  As I and others have  already pointed out, a single fans trust must be a prime objective, to provide a unified fans' voice, and to allow a reform of the Trusts' , frankly shambolic, administration.

I agree the idea of buying shares is much more appealing to the typical fan, but is it not true the idea of monthly pledges is to help with running costs at the club? That being so, perhaps they need to consider shares and pledges?  Regarding those pledges, I worry that these could evaporate due to the car crash way the team have been playing for the last two years. It is one thing to pledge £10.00 or £20.00 or £50.00 a month if you are watching a football team who cares about playing for that jersey, quite another if they do not.

The single focal point for a fans group must be a priority I would think.    I have had little to do with the Jags Trust [other than being a member from the 2011 / 2012 season when they gave out membership cards and for a few years after that time occasionally asked for a membership payment] Other than that, they are the named organisation who have a column in the 'Thistle News' part of our match day programmes. I think the supporters association must be more approachable and have a higher profile than of late …. and should have an online membership renewal page that actually works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Apart from Paul Goodwin (TFE Director and Stirling Albion fan ownership setup), Pauline Graham (ex-PTFC Trust), Tom Hosie (Admin here and Ex program editor), and Alan Heron (ex Jags Trust) I don’t know the others, can someone provide a background on the others

If it is the Ian Wright I am thinking of he was in charge of Garthland Print who used to provide the programmes and 50/50 tickets for the club. A shareholder, long time fan and good guy to deal with (from my personal experience).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×