Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Springburnjag

Fan Ownership Working Group

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

None of us know if anyone else is interested.  Even if there was I doubt the Fans Ownership Politburo would give up their club ties and blazers.

You really don’t like thistle fans much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’m not convinced we will go down this year ... clydes  problems were different to ours 

What? After today’s result? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, javeajag said:

You really don’t like thistle fans much 

Not a problem with Thistle fans. A severe problem with the club being run by a committee who will all have their own agendas, as they have no personal financial commitments, and will be to the detriment of the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sandy said:

What? After today’s result? 

Yes even after today’s result but unless you know the future at this point it’s our different opinions and I’m not glossing over the difficulties 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea how the fan ownership process will turn out, but the club currently is amateurish in the way it is run, and unambitious in its approach to the club's development.

Nothing seems to work well - poor communications, a stuttering Jagzone and a sense that no one has a strong hand on the tiller.  Re-hiring Archibald seemed like a muddled way to save money by avoiding hiring an assistant to McCall and using the remainder of Archibald's contract budget. 

The club needs a root and branch clearout, with a hard nosed CEO from outside football to kick arses out the door and bring in some professional non-football management.

If, as seems likely we will be looking to replace McCall and his team if results do not change, we should cast the net much further that the tired also rans of Scottish football management.  Look to continental Europe, for someone different with a fresh approach and new contacts.

We have to stop playing "the Partick Thistle way", it stands for incompetence, and zero ambition.

If all the club ownership changes achieve is a re-arrangement of the deck chairs, then an opportunity will have been lost.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Re-hiring Archibald seemed like a muddled way to save money by avoiding hiring an assistant to McCall and using the remainder of Archibald's contract budget. 

Scally? Archie was no longer being paid by the club at the time of his appointment AFAIK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dark Passenger said:

Scally? Archie was no longer being paid by the club at the time of his appointment AFAIK.

I believe he was just about to get his last month's pay as he came back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Yes even after today’s result but unless you know the future at this point it’s our different opinions and I’m not glossing over the difficulties 

It’s our trajectory downwards that concerns me - I had more hope 4 weeks ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jaf said:

How many offered to remain on the interim board? 

No idea if they were asked or offered - I just Know that 3BC stated  they were the New Owners - Appointed the Interim Board  - who then removed Jim Oliver as President - So Im sort of Guessing there was a decision for a clear break from the past - and I dont think relationships were great with 3BC and former Board Members 

Ronnie Gilfillan stated he would serve as long as the Board needed him - I have no reason not to believe it was not  a genuine offer 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’m not convinced we will go down this year ... clydes  problems were different to ours 

Clyde just missed out on Promotion - when we were scrambling about under Dick Campbell - the only thing that kept us up was Terry Butcher and Richard Gough coming in the last few Games after Dick Departed - Clyde went on a downward spiral ever since - we in the opposite direction - So I dont see our problems being different - I see a General and continuing malaise at the Club which has existed since we got top Six in the Premier      

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 6:36 PM, eljaggo said:

I have no idea how the fan ownership process will turn out, but the club currently is amateurish in the way it is run, and unambitious in its approach to the club's development.

Nothing seems to work well - poor communications, a stuttering Jagzone and a sense that no one has a strong hand on the tiller.  Re-hiring Archibald seemed like a muddled way to save money by avoiding hiring an assistant to McCall and using the remainder of Archibald's contract budget. 

The club needs a root and branch clearout, with a hard nosed CEO from outside football to kick arses out the door and bring in some professional non-football management.

If, as seems likely we will be looking to replace McCall and his team if results do not change, we should cast the net much further that the tired also rans of Scottish football management.  Look to continental Europe, for someone different with a fresh approach and new contacts.

We have to stop playing "the Partick Thistle way", it stands for incompetence, and zero ambition.

If all the club ownership changes achieve is a re-arrangement of the deck chairs, then an opportunity will have been lost.

 

This, especially the highlighted bits. We've been appointing old boys for too long: it's time for a more professional approach to executive appointments.

We could certainly learn from other countries. Enclosed are pics from a 4th tier football club in Germany, Lippstadt 08 <www.lippstadt08.de> - way more professional in appearance and, obviously, in efforts to gain sponsorship, than any Scottish effort I've ever seen. BTW, before anyone complains about us suffering because Glasgow has bigger clubs, this club has a Bundesliga club just up the road, in Paderborn. I've circled the electronic scoreboard next to the main pitch, which can also do video replays. Even before the club moved to its newish stadium, it had an electronic scoreboard of a more limited type, which showed time, the score, the time expired in each half and the temperature - in other words, superior to our current one. On the last occasion I recall it being mentioned, our club maintained that electronic scoreboards are terribly expensive. :thinking: AFAIK, in the UK, they are, but other countries supply more capable models at much lower prices. Maybe showing a bit of initiative and looking online is too difficult, or maybe the dependence on English-language suppliers is a drawback.

List of photos: practice pitches (also used for junior teams); rear of main stand; modern, convenient turnstiles - easy passage for spectators and comfortable for employees; the main pitch; the clubhouse and changing facilities; sponsors.

 

trainingpitchesLippstadt.png

standrearLippstadt.png

modernturnstilesLippstadt.png

mainpitchLippstadt.png

ClubhouseLippstadt.png

SponsorsLippstadt.png

Edited by Fearchar
Adding photo descriptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jagfox said:

Most Jags fans don't like being reminded of the score at Firhill these days...

Agreed …. the last time I saw PTFC win a game was against Connah's Quay Nomads. It will be about 4 months to the day from that game until play against Raith Rovers this Friday [weather permitting] I did miss a few home games, but for a ST holder I think this statistic might be a record??!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So. Where now with this project. The new interim board decide they couldn't run a raffle and bring back a failed chairman. A new schedule to be announce for working group? Still on for a March handover? Forget it. It was all in the plan to bring back the Dark Lady. It stinks to the high heaven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly Gre the whole thing stinks. The most useless chair person ever seen brought back in. They sure know how to win the fans over. She hasn’t the first clue about football. Anyone who fell for Caldwell’s pish is obviously clueless. Wouldn’t have her serving the teas at half time. This club just stumbles from disaster to disaster and to be honest we deserve everything we get. We’re an embarrassing shambles 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well that's me deffo out of the fan ownership thing, they have proven themselves to be liars! Didn't take long.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How exactly were the working group (TWG) in any way involved in this? Is anyone in TWG directors in the three black cats? The appointment of Low as chairman is nothing to do with them. It is though of high importance that TWG respond to this urgently and update the support of the timescale to quell the disharmony.

I can understand the disappointment of her involvement again, surely she must have known how unpopular this announcement would have been at a time when, we the struggling supporters are looking for any crumb of positivity at the moment. Storm Low has blown the crumbs right off the table

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This morning I received an email from 'Supporters Direct Scotland / Scottish Supporters Network'. The latest News for the Network was a status update on, St Mirren's fan based ownership progress, the Foundation of Hearts fan ownership group latest news, The Well Society update on the progress at Motherwell and finally an update on how the Morton 'exploration of a community ownership' is progressing. I found it very strange that no comment whatsoever was made as to the progress [or lack] that has been made regarding PTFC and fan ownership.

Maybe I am suspicious, but, would you not expect to see the Thistle version of the 'route to fan ownership' being discussed by this organisation?

It's not that I want nor expect PTFC to be a subject of interest to the rest of the Scottish footballing fraternity, but I am puzzled as to the omission of any comment whatsoever as to what progress [if any] has been made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

This morning I received an email from 'Supporters Direct Scotland / Scottish Supporters Network'. The latest News for the Network was a status update on, St Mirren's fan based ownership progress, the Foundation of Hearts fan ownership group latest news, The Well Society update on the progress at Motherwell and finally an update on how the Morton 'exploration of a community ownership' is progressing. I found it very strange that no comment whatsoever was made as to the progress [or lack] that has been made regarding PTFC and fan ownership.

Maybe I am suspicious, but, would you not expect to see the Thistle version of the 'route to fan ownership' being discussed by this organisation?

It's not that I want nor expect PTFC to be a subject of interest to the rest of the Scottish footballing fraternity, but I am puzzled as to the omission of any comment whatsoever as to what progress [if any] has been made.

Wouldn't expect them to comment at all, no.

Our situation is completely up in the air at the moment and we know nothing about any progress, let alone unrelated outside organisations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, delurker said:

Wouldn't expect them to comment at all, no.

Our situation is completely up in the air at the moment and we know nothing about any progress, let alone unrelated outside organisations.

 

The other four 'fan ownership' projects I quoted are also, to a large extent, a work in progress. I found it strange that PTFC had no mention in the article.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

The other four 'fan ownership' projects I quoted are also, to a large extent, a work in progress. I found it strange that PTFC had no mention in the article.

Especially as the guy behind Supporters Direct Scotland is our own a Paul Goodwin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×