Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Springburnjag

Fan Ownership Working Group

Recommended Posts

As we both know. Where I come from Bowling Clubs were middle class.

Imagine cretins like this running your club.

Edited by Semi Nurainen
missed a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

As we both know. Where I come from Bowling Clubs were middle class.

Imagine cretins like this running your club.

Well, clever clogs, are you putting yourself forward to give the Working Group the benefit of your wisdom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, Thistle come back to win a game game in the afternoon, and we've still got the usual suspects on insulting people within a few hours.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Seriously - Not a Clue !!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't make this stuff up 

 

So running a bowling club is easy .... is that your specialist on mastermind ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Semi Nurainen said:

As we both know. Where I come from Bowling Clubs were middle class.

Imagine cretins like this running your club.

Shows how little you know about where you come from ... along with everything else mi d you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

A simple internet search of bowling terminology.

I tried it and couldn't find "glean" anywhere, in any genre of bowling! :blush:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The disagreements here are perhaps an indication why the Motherwell example might not be an ideal pattern for this football club: a structure is needed to allow conflict to be expressed without wrecking anything substantial, and there is every appearance that at Motherwell FC the people with executive power and the fans are in agreement, and there is even some overlap in the people involved.

There may also be people in Glasgow who want to support the club's ownership structure (as the club is part of Glasgow's social structure - even heritage) although their practical commitment is to other football clubs (or, as in the case of our nomads, people who simply cannot attend often).  The makeup of fan ownership of Motherwell FC is probably less interesting. Is there a structure which would protect the club from the external influences holding back the club's aspirations without putting off people with external loyalties who still want to show support?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any truth in the chat that folk have already quit the working group and it seems dead before it has even began? Also Rough coming back as well? :eyebrow:

Edited by Pinhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Any truth in the chat that folk have already quit the working group and it seems dead before it has even began? Also Rough coming back as well? :eyebrow:

Alan Nixon Tweeted about Rough - he is normally pretty on the Money on these things 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Pinhead said:

You need to remember javeajag is posting from springburn it ain't so posh there

Indeed I used to play bowls .... it’s such an aspirational sport  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Any truth in the chat that folk have already quit the working group and it seems dead before it has even began? Also Rough coming back as well? :eyebrow:

I’ve heard the same. Only 2 of the original members of TFE left as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to wading through another 200 pages of middle aged peacocking and whataboutery in order to find a couple of relevant or constructive posts.  You guys need to find a golf club committee to sit on. 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fearchar said:

The disagreements here are perhaps an indication why the Motherwell example might not be an ideal pattern for this football club: a structure is needed to allow conflict to be expressed without wrecking anything substantial, and there is every appearance that at Motherwell FC the people with executive power and the fans are in agreement, and there is even some overlap in the people involved.

There may also be people in Glasgow who want to support the club's ownership structure (as the club is part of Glasgow's social structure - even heritage) although their practical commitment is to other football clubs (or, as in the case of our nomads, people who simply cannot attend often).  The makeup of fan ownership of Motherwell FC is probably less interesting. Is there a structure which would protect the club from the external influences holding back the club's aspirations without putting off people with external loyalties who still want to show support?

I think in the same way that Brexit will not be resolved on Twitter, running a football club will never be done successfully on an internet chat forum.

I'm hoping that whatever structures start to emerge, the necessary means for communication and engagement will be put in place, allowing people to contribute positively without risking the ridicule of the keyboard experts who seem only intent on causing division.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Alan Nixon Tweeted about Rough - he is normally pretty on the Money on these things 

 

 


from jlow on Facebook....

As I am referred to, let me clarify - neither I nor the interim Board has asked Alan Rough to join the interim Board nor have I nor them promised him a Director's role in future. Hope that clears this speculation up.
 

let’s move in to the next speculative conspiracy theory ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×