Pars V Jags

lady-isobel-barnett

No idea if Tuesday's starting XI is any indication of how we'll line up tomorrow. The unused bench, which wasn't exactly brimming with talent possibly indicates we'll start with more or less the same XI. Then again McCall may have been resting a few with East End Pk in mind! Obviously Bannigan is able to play so I imagine he'll come in maybe for Palmer. 

Struggling for positives but here goes.....Dunfermline aren't exactly the league form team so a decent result for us should at least be on the cards. I suppose we played more like a team on Tuesday night, albeit not a very good team, which is an improvement on some of our more disjointed efforts when relying on two three individual performances. 

Not exactly confident about this game and would take a point.

I'm not confident but we are unbeaten in four and Dunfermline are no great shakes, so there is hope. There is so much that can happen within the game, which these days seems to swing the direction more than usual. Probably down to lack of confidence. On a good day I reckon we're pretty capable, but unlikely to put it together for the whole game.

So, either team could win this by 4 or 5. And if they played again the next day it could swing the other way.

Dunfermline are shite, we’re shite so anything could happen on the day...however I feel we are moving in the right direction. Hopefully Joe Cardle is inspired by returning to his home town and can increase his assist and goals account.

It seems like Jamie Sneddon will continue between the sticks. Banzo comes back into the reckoning. Alex Jones might be moving nearer to near fitness too which could be interesting considering he was seen by Caldwell as the #9 with Kenny Miller supporting him. Kenny seems to be doing this at times despite the lack of a player further forward.

Last time we ended up on the end of a doing from the Pars. Here’s hoping the lads can exact some revenge come Saturday. 

Dunfermline 1 Thistle 2 (Cardle, Miller)

Att: 4236

MTJ

4 hours ago, elevenone said:

Same ref as last Saturday so hopefully Zanatta realises his antics wont wash.  Strangely I am confident of picking up a much needed 3 points in this game, don’t know why..blind faith?

They were a great short lived band(Blind Faith for the Un-initiated)

Both performances at East End Park were absolutely dire last season, so things can only get better. I think Bannigan, Cole and Kakay will be the key players for us. If they are on top form, we will win. We must find some way of utilising 14 players effectively (not all at the same time, unfortunately). The facility of bringing on 3 substitutes is too important to be wasted....

...and if  clear space opens up in front of defenders or midfielders, they must drive forward into it and open up all the options, instead of allowing that mysterious sideways magnet to take control of the ball.

12 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Miller away in January was a sitting duck after Caldwell left.

And not a moment too soon. McCall found that fraud out within three days of arriving.

Is that fraud not our top scorer, Barney? Dread to think where we'd be now without him.

Surly one of Caldwell's 'least bad' (there we go again) signings.