Pars V Jags

lady-isobel-barnett

23 hours ago, allyo said:

I'm not confident but we are unbeaten in four and Dunfermline are no great shakes, so there is hope. There is so much that can happen within the game, which these days seems to swing the direction more than usual. Probably down to lack of confidence. On a good day I reckon we're pretty capable, but unlikely to put it together for the whole game.

So, either team could win this by 4 or 5. And if they played again the next day it could swing the other way.

How right you were

53 minutes ago, avie-man said:

This might be needed. Most of the team needs to go, and a wake up call for McCall in recent weeks r.e. O'Ware and Bannigan players he said he wanted to build around, but they are not the players they were and we need to be ruthless.  Big Col needs to loosen the purse strings or we're ******.

Sorry Avie-Man - I don’t have nearly enough money that’s needed. 

Edited by Big Col
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I read the teamsheet today I thought it looked about the best line up we could put out which shows you how bad a squad the manager has to work with.

I think we are now needing 5 or 6 really good signings to have a chance and after the next 2 windows I would be surprised if any of the current squad are still at the club.

agree that vast changes are required but we have a large squad, I can’t see many teams desperate to sign any of our players, there are not going to be many desperate to sign for us marooned at the bottom of the league. Not many I would keep tbh- maybe fox, penrice and banzo- the rest can walk 

Today's game was my first for a while, and while I had low expectations, both from previous results and the comments on here, I was appalled at the amount of possession needlessly surrendered in midfield.   Dunfermline did not need to be especially good, simply competent to overrun a desperately poor side.

I don't see how one window's worth of transfers will save the season, and with ownership in flux, It will need a steadying hand to stabilise the Club.  Colin Weir does not seem confident enough to take on that role, and some of the new directors seem to lack serious business experience.   Difficult times lie ahead.

Edited by eljaggo

We can't punt everybody unfortunately, so realistically we keep the following:

Fox, Sneddon, Saunders, McGinty, Penrice

Slater, Cole, Palmer (both if possible).

Zanatta, Cardle.

O'Ware and Bannigan with a serious (and I mean serious) rocket up their Billy big boy arses.

The rest can GTF, they offer nothing. Miller included.

Edited by Barney Rubble