Pars V Jags

lady-isobel-barnett

28 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

They key for me is to shore up the defense to reduce the goals against tally ....that’s 3/4

we then need an osman replacement in front of the back four ...that’s 1

we need creativity in midfield....that’s 1
we need a striker ....that’s 1

so around 6/7 new faces .....not  an easy ask in January 

That’s 6 or 7 more wages on top of the 3rd largest wage bill in the league. We may also need to replace loanees returning in January.

Ive no idea where we will find this cash as our attendances are nose diving

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

That’s 6 or 7 more wages on top of the 3rd largest wage bill in the league. We may also need to replace loanees returning in January.

Ive no idea where we will find this cash as our attendances are nose diving

Me neither....but as the board have indicated resources will be available ....maybe Colin weir 

39 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

I think mcCall was wrong with the substitution of Cardle he was playing against his old club and as we saw with Nisbet players always come back to bite you on bum..Zanatta was the player who should have been hooked ..

Don't know about that. With Cardle's temper he might not have lasted the whole game when we were getting stomped so badly. Although keeping Zanatta on was probably like playing with nine men anyway.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

We can't punt everybody unfortunately, so realistically we keep the following:

Fox, Sneddon, Saunders, McGinty, Penrice

Slater, Cole, Palmer (both if possible).

Zanatta, Cardle.

O'Ware and Bannigan with a serious (and I mean serious) rocket up their Billy big boy arses.

The rest can GTF, they offer nothing. Miller included.

Barney

I would exclude Osman Kakay from your last sentence. One of the few players of whom it could be said today that he put in a shift and gave the impression of caring.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Don't know about that. With Cardle's temper he might not have lasted the whole game when we were getting stomped so badly. Although keeping Zanatta on was probably like playing with nine men anyway.

I thought keeping Zanatta on was a subtle tactical move in the hope that by constantly falling over on the icy ground he might encourage the referee to abandon the game due to the pitch being unplayable.

16 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I thought keeping Zanatta on was a subtle tactical move in the hope that by constantly falling over on the icy ground he might encourage the referee to abandon the game due to the pitch being unplayable.

When I came into the ground at 2'30 and saw the frost on the pitch I was amazed that the game was on..

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

We can't punt everybody unfortunately, so realistically we keep the following:

Fox, Sneddon, Saunders, McGinty, Penrice

Slater, Cole, Palmer (both if possible).

Zanatta, Cardle.

O'Ware and Bannigan with a serious (and I mean serious) rocket up their Billy big boy arses.

The rest can GTF, they offer nothing. Miller included.

To be fair miller has done more than banzo and o ware this season. Banzo has been a liability all season, Miller hasn’t.  Millers wages are not justified presently so can see why you would want him moved, but equally Banzo will be a high earner too

if it wasn’t for banzos length of service more fans would have wanted him out (don’t forget he was going to Aberdeen before his injury) therefore we have more than repaid his length of service 

Edited by Third Lanark

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

I am now of the opinion that i do not want any of the core 16 players there come the end of the January, the whole team stinks to the high heavens and even if there are a couple of could be decent players again i think the rot has set in on them as well :(

Cole and kakay? - they are possibly the exception 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stephen1876 said:

Despite our terrible performance today, surely the most embarrassing moment was the Dunfermline player - at 5-1 up, against 10 men, most of whom are duds - ran the ball into the corner to waste time! 

Think it’s more embarrassing getting humped  5 - 1 against a team featuring Danny Devine 

• Like 1

Perhaps Tam O'Ware did us a favour today. We'd still have been beaten with 11 on the pitch anyway and besides I wasn't buying that unbeaten in four positive spin. If in any previous doubt McCall can now see how completely dire we are. We're simply in a state where come January the more players we can bring in the better. Normally I'd say signing too many players would backfire but I don't believe it can get any worse than today.

One example of our direness was when we went down to ten and there were serious doubts that subbing Cardle was incorrect. Should really be a no brainer decision but players in more central positions could just as easily have been sacrificed and that's alarming.

Sad in a way, but on reflection drawing the Soap Dodgers in the cup should maybe be looked upon as good news. 

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Everyone's going on about January as though it's going to be the panacea.

It isn't.

Players that are available in January are almost exclusively surplus to requirements, duds or returning from long term injury.

We got lucky with Steven Anderson last season. That will not be repeated this year.

Caldwell’s January signing worked.

We stayed up. Anderson was very slow but did a good job. He was inspirational and a goal threat, precisely what all our centre backs are not. 

Is he available?

The only 2 players on show that looked any way half decent yesterday were Cole (not just because of his free-kick) and Kakay (at least he succeeded in beating his man and driving forward).  The worry is that their loan deals finish in January.  Take these two out of the team at the moment in we are in deep doo-doo. 

Even when in possession the standard of play was awful with misplaced headers and passes and woeful tackles.  No criticism of forwards is possible as they were redundant after 3.03 pm.  A cast-off scoring 4 is extra salt in the wound.  His turning to the Thistle support when he scored and his reaction was doubly hard to take.  All this against a no better than average team.  Their shooting in the 2nd half was very poor.  Just as well.  

Zanatta must be the biggest enigma.  He has gone from unplayable for the first half of his debut to unpickable based on his recent performances.

Edited by a f kincaid