Pars V Jags

lady-isobel-barnett

23 minutes ago, nickthejag said:

Wasn’t at the game but from that angle it looks like O’Ware made very little contact. If I didn’t know the outcome, I wouldn’t have been surprised to see the ref book the Dunfermline player for diving. 

Think O’Ware put his hand on the back and he went down. Still stupid though. 

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

O'Ware never even argued with the ref about the sending off.

Fifth goal was Keystone Cops stuff, could have been 7 or 8 on the day though.

Ironically, Reece's goal was in the 'goal of the season' category. 

No passion or fight shown by anybody. Don't think Sneddon is a great keeper either.

O'Ware clearly makes a complete balls up of the situation however why does Sneddon back off towards his line rather than coming out and making it harder for the Dunfermline player?

Its going to be a hard task going away to QOS who have a decent defensive record and Dobbie back scoring goals but to do it without our best central defender and with our backup goalie looks like mission impossible.

20 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

No passion or fight shown by anybody. Don't think Sneddon is a great keeper either.

It might not matter much AJ but I would have Sneddon in goals over Fox all day long.  I personally think his shot stopping and positioning is streets ahead of his no1.  He is younger and on much less of a wage than Fox too.  He is no Cerny,Walker,Nelson etc but retains the potential.  Buffon would have conceded 5 yesterday imo.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, elevenone said:

It might not matter much AJ but I would have Sneddon in goals over Fox all day long.  I personally think his shot stopping and positioning is streets ahead of his no1.  He is younger and on much less of a wage than Fox too.  He is no Cerny,Walker,Nelson etc but retains the potential.  Buffon would have conceded 5 yesterday imo.

Hi elevenone, not just talking about yesterday's performance. Not just in goals, we have problems all over the pitch. Lets just hope it can be sorted out. There is 2 part time teams in this league and we are struggling badly. Next 4 games we need to pick up at least 7 points or we could be cut adrift. To think only 2 years ago we were in the premier league.

1 hour ago, laukat said:

O'Ware clearly makes a complete balls up of the situation however why does Sneddon back off towards his line rather than coming out and making it harder for the Dunfermline player?

Its going to be a hard task going away to QOS who have a decent defensive record and Dobbie back scoring goals but to do it without our best central defender and with our backup goalie looks like mission impossible.

Totally agree, if Sneddon comes out as you would expect then O'Ware wouldn't have needed to foul him. Still all O'Ware's stupidity that caused it though.

Unlike some on the forum I don't rate Sneddon at all, he's a bit like Scully, decent shot stopper but doesn't seem to inspire any confidence in the defence.

33 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Totally agree, if Sneddon comes out as you would expect then O'Ware wouldn't have needed to foul him. Still all O'Ware's stupidity that caused it though.

Unlike some on the forum I don't rate Sneddon at all, he's a bit like Scully, decent shot stopper but doesn't seem to inspire any confidence in the defence.

Sneddon looks like he has some potential but hasn't developed the confidence to tell his defence what to do. Fox has his issues but he does carry a degree of presence and you can see the defence feel more confident with him about.

O'Ware looked like the only one capable of leading the back line beyond Fox so loosing O'Ware so early had more effect than just going down to 10 men. Saunders, McGinty and Hall all look to quiet so god knows who is leading the defence on the park at QOS.

41 minutes ago, jaggy said:

To be fair, nobody appears to inspire confidence in our defence (including Fox), and our defence inspires confidence in nobody. It is a complete shambles, and I've never really understood the adulation that O'Ware receives. He's nothing more than a poor to average defender at this level.

Edited by Jaggernaut

O’Ware’s appalling error compounded by his extraordinary sending off and penalty concession in the 3rd minute requires severe questioning by management.

Leader of the defence? Give me a break!

It appears we then threw in the towel. I hope McCall kicked 10 pairs and one ass out the door.

If both penalty incidents had happened at the other end I imagine we would quite happily have accepted the decisions and contented ourselves as regards the sending off as well. In the modern era of falling down in the box at the slightest suggestion of contact then both were blatant.

8 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

O’Ware’s appalling error compounded by his extraordinary sending off and penalty concession in the 3rd minute requires severe questioning by management.

Leader of the defence? Give me a break!

McCall appears to be experimenting with the centrebacks on an on going basis. We've seen Saunders paired with McGinty, Hall played in a back three (with O'Ware played central).  McGinty dropped and O'Ware moved across to play on the left side twice, once partnering Hall then yesterday, Saunders. 

No matter how much we'd like to see all four shipped out that ain't going to happen. I imagine Hall will be gone as he'll be out of contract and he'll hopefully be replaced by somebody more capable than the remaining three. I'd be hoping we don't stop there and all that juggling of centreback formations is to see maybe which two to retain. Frankly I'd struggle to make a case for any of them being retained.

28 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

McCall appears to be experimenting with the centrebacks on an on going basis. We've seen Saunders paired with McGinty, Hall played in a back three (with O'Ware played central).  McGinty dropped and O'Ware moved across to play on the left side twice, once partnering Hall then yesterday, Saunders. 

No matter how much we'd like to see all four shipped out that ain't going to happen. I imagine Hall will be gone as he'll be out of contract and he'll hopefully be replaced by somebody more capable than the remaining three. I'd be hoping we don't stop there and all that juggling of centreback formations is to see maybe which two to retain. Frankly I'd struggle to make a case for any of them being retained.

Can’t argue with this. Would probably retain McGinty and Saunders if we need to.

O’Ware made an inexplicable compounded error which is fresh in the memory. He’s hardly won a header all season. Morton may take him back.  He reminds me of several Clyde players who couldn’t be bothered.

McCall will now be aware of who he wants replaced. I hope he has an idea of potential replacements already(as he is the man with contacts).

9 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree with this. I don't think Hall is the worst of the lot but his contract situation makes him the most likely to go. If you add in that we have 3 right sided central defenders its difficult to make a case for him staying.

Of the other 3 I think from McCalls comments after the Alloa game O'Ware is the one definite to be retained. I don't think McCall has much faith in McGinty as he's been dropped twice to play someone else out of position in there.  Saunders hasn't started as much under McCall and he doesn't appear to go very many games without getting injured.

So realistically I think Hall and Saunders might be going with the McGinty no longer being a starter. That in turn means recruiting a right and left sided central defender.

Although recruiting for a team on the slide might seem difficult, McCall's record with Ayr United might sway an ambitious player the other way: he has already taken a modest team up to challenge in the second tier. Of course, that may be assuming that football players (or agents?) are smart enough to work that out!

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I was saying the other day that I expect McGinty to leave in January. Reckon a team down south would readily take a punt on Sean with him having played the bulk of his football down south.

14 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Absolutely clear penalty. Absolutely clear sending off. Absolutely idiotic.

Looks like Kiltie felt a push and went down. Stupid by O’Ware as behind him but most  defenders put a hand on a player shooting to put them off. Not trying to make excuses for him but trying to reason on why such an experienced would do what he did.

The point about Sneddon not coming out is correct as well.  He looks terrified as Kiltie approaches. He got beat at his front post for one of the goals as well. Fox is clearly the better keeper at the moment. Jamie may well turn out to be infront of Fox in the future but not just now. 

12 hours ago, JeanieD said:

If both penalty incidents had happened at the other end I imagine we would quite happily have accepted the decisions and contented ourselves as regards the sending off as well. In the modern era of falling down in the box at the slightest suggestion of contact then both were blatant.

We don’t seem to get them, though. In recent games we have had Zanatta( although his reputation did for that) and Kakay both go down in the box.

Stupidity watched the “highlights” at lunch today. We really are in serious bother. I’m not sure who if any I’d happily hold onto in January even as a squad player. 
Even going a man and goal down in 3 minutes shouldn’t allow for effectively downing tools, you’d expect the more senior players to rally the team dig in and even if end up getting beat go down fighting. 87 minutes to play and the team gave up, on that alone I’d fine them. The fact it happens too regularly I’d bin them if I could in January.

Skill is one thing that varies from player to player but attitude should be the same, fight for every ball, chase everything, run yourself into the ground and don’t give up. None of that seemed apparent in that team. An acceptance of defeat after 3 minutes for a professional sportsman is disgraceful.

I wouldn’t fancy being in McColls job now, as he effectively has to wheel and deal a whole new team in January on buttons, whilst bottom of the league whilst shipping out the chancers in the dressing room, if he doesn’t ship them out the issue will breed, as their is definitely an issue with several of that squad

Edited by Norgethistle
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

We really are in serious bother. I’m not sure who if any I’d happily hold onto in January even as a squad player. 

I know you can't get to many games these days, Norge. I wish I could say you're wrong having only the highlights(?) to go on. Sad to report you're spot on.

I could maybe come up with a few players that are not the worst culprits but even at that I'd be neither shocked or upset if they left in January. I wouldn't be too surprised if McCall just brings in players he respects, who will give 100% and bins the squad players who play in their positions regardless of who they are.  Then again there may be a few that are working hard in training suffering from a lowest common denominator factor. But if they exist it's not exactly blatantly obvious to us punters.