Pars V Jags

lady-isobel-barnett

The only one out of the whole squad I can make a positive case for keeping is Cole purely down to his set pieces. Although we have had a number of guys who start off well on these and then defences (or even our own players) get used to them and the usefulness drops. The two off the bar vs Montrose and Alloa were better efforts than the one that went in on Saturday, and the first few corners vs Alloa were causing problems though this tailed off second half.

Just picking up on the points made on Sneddon. We have a goalkeeping coach in Kenny Arthur, there must be more to his role than standing 10 yards away kicking a ball at him in the warm up. The boy himself has been in and around the players for a long time now, he should have the confidence now to be in control at all times and communicating to his defence. If that's missing then more often than not, its panic stations when a ball is put into the box. I don't know what they do in training all week but I'd like to think its more than some stretching, running and a 10-21er. We have McCall, Archie, Scally, Arthur etc. What are we getting coached? Someone also mentioned Nesbit had become stale and needed a move, is that not the manager or coaches job to get the best out of them? The way we play, even if we had Messi, we could make him look like a diddy.

6 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Just picking up on the points made on Sneddon. We have a goalkeeping coach in Kenny Arthur, there must be more to his role than standing 10 yards away kicking a ball at him in the warm up. The boy himself has been in and around the players for a long time now, he should have the confidence now to be in control at all times and communicating to his defence. If that's missing then more often than not, its panic stations when a ball is put into the box. I don't know what they do in training all week but I'd like to think its more than some stretching, running and a 10-21er. We have McCall, Archie, Scally, Arthur etc. What are we getting coached? Someone also mentioned Nesbit had become stale and needed a move, is that not the manager or coaches job to get the best out of them? The way we play, even if we had Messi, we could make him look like a diddy.

Agree with your general point just disagree with the specific. Nisbet's the first to admit he let himself down at Firhill. After poor loan spells he was lucky to get the chance at Raith.

1 hour ago, West of Scotland said:

Why let facts get in the way of shitting on Alan Archibald, though?

What facts? He scored goals for fun for the U21's and there was that game in Perth where he played arguably his best game. I don't remember him getting much of a chance after that when Sammon and Storey signed. 

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

What facts? He scored goals for fun for the U21's and there was that game in Perth where he played arguably his best game. I don't remember him getting much of a chance after that when Sammon and Storey signed. 

Because he wasn't applying himself and was enjoying things outside of Firhill too much. The guy says that himself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MonehJags said:

The facts that he said himself that he didn’t apply himself at Thistle and needed the realisation that he was at the last chance saloon at Raith.

3 hours ago, MonehJags said:

The game he played at Perth was his best game for us , roasted Steven Anderson that night , Archie didn’t include him at all when we played Celtic on the Saturday which wasn’t  a great incentive to any player who had won the MOM the previous game.

In fairness to Archie, Kevin Nisbet was told lots of times about his work rate , fitness , attitude etc, don’t think they doubted his ability just other aspects of his game to make it to the next level.

Looks a player now and could have a similar career path like Shankland has now .