The Sunday Morning Centre Forward Things that need to be said

MMCF

It's been a while but let's see if this still works

Thought 1

Maybe we ought to have seen this coming. by "we" I mean those of us who braved Tuesday night with Alloa. Where we saw this group of mediocrity  venture no nearer than the centre circle at the end of the game. And certainly they showed no signs of acknowledging the support. Did they have no shame? Apparently not ( in fairness Kakay, who hid his head inside his shirt, did seem to get it and he has a least shown signs of giving a hoot).

Thought 2

I think that some people should be more oware of reality. How things really are, instead of living on some sort of invulnerability cloud. If a referee books you for virtually nothing one Saturday then it's a racing cert that on the very next Saturday, four minutes into the game the very same referee will can your donkey into the changing room for a very stupid foul. Notice how we managed not to mention the word professional there?

Thought 3

Not that it in any way is a defence of deep levels of stupidity, but I do wonder about the decision of the SFA having the same official refereeing the same team two Saturdays in a row. I mean, if we get sick of the sight of the same personel week after week then I am sure that's a good that swings both ways. See you same time again next week Mr Macaroone? Well, we hope not. But this is the SFA we are dealing with.

Thought 4

To the Jagszone that maybe concerned.

Please, please please refrain from trotting out which ever poor mug employee whose turn it is to give the rousing speech for the forthcoming week. We simply no longer believe what you have written for them; most folk don't even bother to read it and it beggars comprehension that you have not figured out yet what a gross insult this ghastly exercise is.

Thought 5

We here at the SMCF don't  boo players. Others might express themselves in this way. And you are free to do so. Heck you might even start by booing them on to the park at the next home game.  But I'm not sure that it would work (See Thought 1 above -I'm not sure some really care anyway). So how about this sad shambles get the stoney silent treatment from the get go. A sort of Play for Applause type clause. Nobody gets a clap or a cheer until they at least find one of their colleagues with a pass. A tall order for some perhaps?Maybe then some folks might get the idea that things have to be earned with hard graft. And that showing up is not nearly enough to be successful.

And finally

The Spiderman followers  know this by heart. With great power comes great responsibility. So we should not be hearing from low-level apologists after recent calamities. Somebody needs to put their foot on the neck of this situation. And I dont mean just a coach either. This needs to come from the very top.  A message to one and all that clearly states what this organisation is all about and the expectations that go along with it. If anyone in the room feels that the words don't sit well with them or that they cannot rise to these expectations then it will be that exaulted persons job, may duty, to point said individuals and their agents In the direction of the 61 bus stop. 

Enough.

1 hour ago, MMCF said:

Thought 1

Maybe we ought to have seen this coming. by "we" I mean those of us who braved Tuesday night with Alloa. Where we saw this group of mediocrity  venture no nearer than the centre circle at the end of the game. And certainly they showed no signs of acknowledging the support. Did they have no shame? Apparently not ( in fairness Kakay, who hid his head inside his shirt, did seem to get it and he has a least shown signs of giving a hoot).

Thought 2

I think that some people should be more oware of reality. How things really are, instead of living on some sort of invulnerability cloud. If a referee books you for virtually nothing one Saturday then it's a racing cert that on the very next Saturday, four minutes into the game the very same referee will can your donkey into the changing room for a very stupid foul. Notice how we managed not to mention the word professional there?

Thought 3

Not that it in any way is a defence of deep levels of stupidity, but I do wonder about the decision of the SFA having the same official refereeing the same team two Saturdays in a row. I mean, if we get sick of the sight of the same personel week after week then I am sure that's a good that swings both ways. See you same time again next week Mr Macaroone? Well, we hope not. But this is the SFA we are dealing with.

Thought 4

Please, please please refrain from trotting out which ever poor mug employee whose turn it is to give the rousing speech for the forthcoming week. We simply no longer believe what you have written for them; most folk don't even bother to read it and it beggars comprehension that you have not figured out yet what a gross insult this ghastly exercise is.

Thought 5

We here at the SMCF don't  boo players. Others might express themselves in this way. And you are free to do so. Heck you might even start by booing them on to the park at the next home game.  But I'm not sure that it would work (See Thought 1 above -I'm not sure some really care anyway). So how about this sad shambles get the stoney silent treatment from the get go. A sort of Play for Applause type clause. Nobody gets a clap or a cheer until they at least find one of their colleagues with a pass. A tall order for some perhaps?Maybe then some folks might get the idea that things have to be earned with hard graft. And that showing up is not nearly enough to be successful.

And finally

The Spiderman followers  know this by heart. With great power comes great responsibility. So we should not be hearing from low-level apologists after recent calamities. Somebody needs to put their foot on the neck of this situation. And I dont mean just a coach either. This needs to come from the very top.  A message to one and all that clearly states what this organisation is all about and the expectations that go along with it. If anyone in the room feels that the words don't sit well with them or that they cannot rise to these expectations then it will be that exaulted persons job, may duty, to point said individuals and their agents In the direction of the 61 bus stop. 

Enough.

We're you there today??

2 hours ago, MMCF said:

Thought 1

Thought 2

Thought 3

Thought 4

Thought 5

And finally

Enough.

Thought 1. Agree. I could not believe when i came home from the game on Tuesday that some on the forum thought we had played well. Also McCall thought we had played well as well. Thought 4. Agree. We don't need to be told by some player they should be doing better and they have worked really hard all week at training and are determined to put it right. Let the results do the talking. So far they say we are the worst team in this league.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Point 6. 
This is maybe the crux. Organisationally, we are in limbo land until March. The interim board cant set a long term plan and I don’t think Colin Weir wants the responsibility.,That isn’t a criticism of him as he has put up the money

Colin Weir has put up the money to buy a majority shareholding, to continue funding the youth academy and fund the womens' team. We do not know what he intends putting in for the January window. If we are really lucky he and the rest of  the board will sit down with the manager and discuss what is needed, short term, to keep us from relegation. The longer term future of the club is down to the fans' organisation, however that appears after March.

If Colin Weir does fund the manager (rather than just supporting him) then our debt of gratitude to him just keeps on increasing.

Edited by scotty

16 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Maybe we should have gone for the Barnsely colts option.......:ph34r:

Either the selling shareholders were purely  looking to get some return for their investment or they were looking to do the best they could for Thistle. Whichever it was we've got what we have and that option wasn't going to happen. Neither was the status quo.

11 hours ago, MMCF said:

Thought 1

Thought 2

Thought 3

Thought 4

Thought 5

And finally

Enough.

Totally agree with all of this-with regards to the Jagzone interviews, I'm getting really tired of the Pravda interviewer giving his thoughts before letting McCall give his views. It was refreshing to hear McCall's honest response to 'There are positives to take from this game' about yesterday's game. I don't want sugar-coated, trite, opinions from the equivalent of Andrew Marr before hearing what the interviewee thinks.

3 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

Totally agree with all of this-with regards to the Jagzone interviews, I'm getting really tired of the Pravda interviewer giving his thoughts before letting McCall give his views. It was refreshing to hear McCall's honest response to 'There are positives to take from this game' about yesterday's game. I don't want sugar-coated, trite, opinions from the equivalent of Andrew Marr before hearing what the interviewee thinks.

Agree. I don't get Jagzone so i don't know what the interviews are normally like, but reading comments on here i am not missing much. We had just been beaten 5-1, the game was over after the first 10minutes and the interviewer was wanting McCall to say something positive. Thankfully he didn't.

7 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree. I don't get Jagzone so i don't know what the interviews are normally like, but reading comments on here i am not missing much. We had just been beaten 5-1, the game was over after the first 10minutes and the interviewer was wanting McCall to say something positive. Thankfully he didn't.

Besides I think McCall had run out of his allocation of  "positives" for the week after he praised the team performance on Tuesday night.

eta Welcome back, MMCF. Have missed your MMCF (SMCF) posts. :thumbsup2:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett