Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
jagfox

QoS vs Partick Thistle - Saturday 7 December

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

That's a good picture!

ETA: Good to see applause from Ringo at the front!

If only we had a Fab 4 in the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Good, free goals package from Queens 

 

Are we not allowed to tackle. Their goal, the only time any Thistle player even tries to tackle is when their player shoots. Our two goals were gifts from their keeper. Good reaction from Cardle. 3Very good points. Lets hope we can get at least 4 points from our last 3 games of this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

If only we had a Fab 4 in the team.

We did have a Lennon in the team once but he was no Star (nor the Best)...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Are we not allowed to tackle. Their goal, the only time any Thistle player even tries to tackle is when their player shoots. Our two goals were gifts from their keeper. Good reaction from Cardle. 3Very good points. Lets hope we can get at least 4 points from our last 3 games of this year.

A continuous comedy of errors from QoS for about 30 seconds straight at the second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange that Sneddon seemed to accept the QoS goal without trying to at least throw himself at the ball? Or am I being too harsh?

I wonder if our budget next year might extend to bringing in a goalkeeping coach. Billy Thomson has been demoted from Kilmarnock coaching staff and perhaps might be persuaded to take the gig at PTFC. 

I watch both Sneddon and Fox stuck to their goal-lines at set pieces in an almost catatonic trance,  their distribution [a mighty 'blooter' up the park] from the 18 yard box is often at odds as to how the team are set-up to play ….. perhaps they could benefit from Thomson's experience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great three points on Saturday which we are all extremely grateful for but it was another woeful performance. 

We actually started very well and created a few openings in the first ten minutes but, after losing the goal, any football we were playing went out the window.

The defence continues to worry me, as I'm sure it does everybody else. Penrice seems to be going backwards and McGinty was back to how bad he was last season. They both continually give the ball back to the other team. Saunders does well most of the time but he always looks capable of a mistake. Hopefully we can keep hold of Kaykay but I was told yesterday by someone that he won't be extending loan. Hope it isn't true.

Robson had a stinker and was rightly replaced with Zanatta at half time. He was an improvement but I still think he has to do more.

Reeco got us out of jail and it is good to hear that he should be extending loan until the end of the season.

I think the 4-4-2 formation suited us and, although we didn't play well, we had a much better shape. This is McCall's preferred set up and I'm sure we will see it more often as the season goes on.

I've read and heard a lot of comments recently about players not trying or not caring. I actually don't think that is true. Confidence can play a huge part but the main problem is the players we have at the moment are just not good enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The clip suggests that Sneddon's positioning was wrong, given the outfield players' positions. I can't remember Kenny Arthur being overly concerned about the positioning of outfield players, but goalkeeping has changed since his day between the sticks. IMHO Kenny should really be a full-time penalty-saving coach! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

The clip suggests that Sneddon's positioning was wrong, given the outfield players' positions. I can't remember Kenny Arthur being overly concerned about the positioning of outfield players, but goalkeeping has changed since his day between the sticks. IMHO Kenny should really be a full-time penalty-saving coach! :D

Maybe so but I he had not chance with that shot. Poor defending from us cost the goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Isn't Kenny Arthur the goalkeeping coach?

Maybe I am being harsh, but both Fox and Sneddon are thought to be reasonable goalkeepers, my feeling is they lack positional common sense at set pieces and poor distribution when they have the ball to hand {my comparison is with the other goalkeepers I have seen in the championship last season and this season to date]

Thomson played at a higher level than KA and has been used by Steve Clark with the national team. IMO our goalkeepers might improve their skills with a change in coach and coaching methods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Maybe I am being harsh, but both Fox and Sneddon are thought to be reasonable goalkeepers, my feeling is they lack positional common sense at set pieces and poor distribution when they have the ball to hand {my comparison is with the other goalkeepers I have seen in the championship last season and this season to date]

Thomson played at a higher level than KA and has been used by Steve Clark with the national team. IMO our goalkeepers might improve their skills with a change in coach and coaching methods.

Fox is 32, if he ain't learnt by now he won't ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think Kenny saved more penalties in one particular season than Messrs Fox & Sneddon combined have done in their careers to date.

Wasn't Tuffey pretty good at saving penalties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 2:33 AM, JAG1970 said:

We did have a Lennon in the team once but he was no Star (nor the Best)...  

 Ono....: too often my reaction on seeing the full time Thistle score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 2:28 PM, sandbank boy said:

Carole’s was down to experience with anticipation the ‘keeper would spill it.

What I thought too  ('first two yards are in your head') - and he poked it away with his bad peg too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×