Have a share in a race horse

policemans whistle

It might be only a hair on the horses backside, but a good Christmas prezzie for any body interested in racing. A company called Owners group offers shares for around£50.00 in some good horses[last year Getaway Trump and Pentland hills were just two] You get a update from the stable every week and a video of it training on occasions. when the horse runs, you can apply for a owners badge, which allows you into the paddock if you are lucky in the draw. You own the share and have to pay a reduced amount [about half] every year, which can be sold on if you don't want it anymore. I have a share in two horses, and it's the best thing I've done for a long time. 

On 12/11/2019 at 4:47 AM, Jaggernaut said:

Sounds interesting, though not something I'd really follow up on. But a naive question: if the horses win prize money, do shareholders receive any kind of payout?

Yes you share the prize money although not very much as they are up to 3000  shares. Last year 2 of the horses were Pent[and hills and Getaway Trump who both won huge races worth up to 300 thousand. Pentland hill is one of the favourites for the Champion hurdle at Cheltenham

l

e