Fan ownership poll

allyo

Fan ownership  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy that Colin Weir has bought Partick Thistle with a view to transferring ownership to the fans?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/14/2019 at 03:00 PM

Mentions polarisation of the support elsewhere.

Provides two options on poll!

;)

I'm happy Weir has bought the club. I am still undecided on the fam ownership side as there is so much information lacking on that front. I obviously hope it works but I'll spoil my ballot paper for now.

Edited by jagfox
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, allyo said:

Okay, just looking for opinions. I've tried to frame the question as neutrally as possible but I'm sure everyone won't be in agreement.

A straight yes/no. I know there are complexities, but unlike Brexit this poll is of no consequence.

Should we expect to see a bus outside Firhill on Saturday?

I am easy oasey tbh but i do fear fan ownership due to everything else the fans have ever been involved in (bar save the jags) has been a colossal cluster****! Too many egos kicking around and as pointed out above Jackie is one of the biggest albeit not on the board just now and making no decisions of course!

6 hours ago, jagfox said:

Mentions polarisation of the support elsewhere.

Provides two options on poll!

;)

I'm happy Weir has bought the club. I am still undecided on the fam ownership side as there is so much information lacking on that front. I obviously hope it works but I'll spoil my ballot paper for now.

This. Where is the option to vote for this?

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Is there a model of fan  ownership that restricts fan involvement in the way you are implying ? Is that what happens at Motherwell ?

Motherwell fans decided their model, we are having our model thrust on us, by the same guy that has been involved in 7 attempted fan ownership groups, and attempted to be on another (Rangers)

Motherwell had a overwhelming support for theirs, and bought in, it grew from the stands and within. Where as we have less than 10% sign up for something that was presented to them, this never came from the majority of the core support.

Motherwell were open, honest and transparent from day one as to who was involved, how people would be selected and how they could be de-selected. We have had a working group picked for us, with an influence from 3BC’s

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Motherwell fans decided their model, we are having our model thrust on us, by the same guy that has been involved in 7 attempted fan ownership groups, and attempted to be on another (Rangers)

Motherwell had a overwhelming support for theirs, and bought in, it grew from the stands and within. Where as we have less than 10% sign up for something that was presented to them, this never came from the majority of the core support.

Motherwell were open, honest and transparent from day one as to who was involved, how people would be selected and how they could be de-selected. We have had a working group picked for us, with an influence from 3BC’s

How did Motherwell’s fan ownership come about. Was it when Boyle decided to sell up ?

It would be interesting to find out how they went about deciding the model. They must have had a small group coming up with the ideas and making recommendations.

11 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Ok .... I think that’s at this stage these are assertions rather than a facts 

1 I haven’t seen a model and neither have you nor how it’s going to be decided on so let’s wait and see what is proposed 

2 we don’t know what sign up will be now as opposed to when tfe was set up so that’s not really a measure of anything at this stage 

3 again I’m not sure we know all of this yet 

im also not clear how these things can start if someone or some people dont do something  to get things moving !

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Ok .... I think that’s at this stage these are assertions rather than a facts 

1 I haven’t seen a model and neither have you nor how it’s going to be decided on so let’s wait and see what is proposed 

2 we don’t know what sign up will be now as opposed to when tfe was set up so that’s not really a measure of anything at this stage 

3 again I’m not sure we know all of this yet 

im also not clear how these things can start if someone or some people dont do something  to get things moving !

4. No matter what happens you will always go fan ownership, even if they shite in your kettle - we get it yer a fanboy

9 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

4. No matter what happens you will always go fan ownership, even if they shite in your kettle - we get it yer a fanboy

All this offensive drivel from you simply says  a lot about you as a person and is unnecessary perhaps you should reflect and make your points in a more considered manner 

it also shows you don’t read my posts as I’ve never been an enthusiast for fan ownership 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, javeajag said:

All this offensive drivel from you simply says  a lot about you as a person and is unnecessary perhaps you should reflect and make your points in a more considered manner 

it also shows you don’t read my posts as I’ve never been an enthusiast for fan ownership 

But you certainly fawn over Colin Weir and J. Low

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

But you certainly fawn over Colin Weir and J. Low

And then some.

To be fair she hasn't had much time recently as she's been too busy helping with Boris's campaign. Now that she's helped destroy the nation she will now turn her spectacular incompetence to helping to destroy Thistle.