Rangers fans tonight

cyprusjag

I may be wrong but I've a feeling that Derry's Walls is not deemed to be sectarian chanting.  Did this not come to light when the controversy about what is unacceptable under the Act was raging?

Anyone else hear the comment on BT sport about the Ibrox ballboys/girls/persons?  Having played with the multi-ball system for most of the night, it did appear that in the latter stages they only seemed to have one ball and it was taking ages to return it to the Young Boys players.  I thought it was the "rule" that if you started a game with the multi-ball system then it had to be for the full 90 mins.

42 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

I may be wrong but I've a feeling that Derry's Walls is not deemed to be sectarian chanting.  Did this not come to light when the controversy about what is unacceptable under the Act was raging?

Anyone else hear the comment on BT sport about the Ibrox ballboys/girls/persons?  Having played with the multi-ball system for most of the night, it did appear that in the latter stages they only seemed to have one ball and it was taking ages to return it to the Young Boys players.  I thought it was the "rule" that if you started a game with the multi-ball system then it had to be for the full 90 mins.

Did we not make ballboys 'disappear' during a match under Lambie's management? Or amI thinking of something else

I have no time for Rangers or Celtic or the baggage that goes along with them

My 2 worst experiences at a football match were at Ibrox and Firhill (v Celtic - the McParland sending off) 

At Ibrox we were leading 1-0 and I think Colin Stein scored in the 86th & 90th minutes according to the official record. 

By my watch the accurate timing was the 96th & 98th minute. 

Thistle (short of Jimmy Bone) played possession football for last 20mins. Referee interpreted this as time wasting. McParland was furious. 

On 12/13/2019 at 12:33 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

For reasons not disclosed the multi-ball system was used to great effect during our recent Glasgow Cup tie v Clyde. I thought, being such a low key fixture, that was rather strange.

It may have appeared strange but it was our only option on the evening as we could only get 3 ballboys for the game! With one for each of the Bing, JHS and John Lambie Stand, it was left to yours truly to cover one half of the Colin Weir Stand (the First Aiders covered the other half, as they are situated behind the barrier for any balls that went over). As I am fast approaching my 62nd birthday, does this make me Thistle's oldest ever ballboy? Should I be looking forward to my Hall of Fame entry?

And yes, I also thought it worked very well that evening.

• Like 1

I remember Mourinho hyping up tactic from his Porto days.  Not only would ballboys/girls disappear when his team was winning but he would instruct them to roll it along ground slowly towards opposing players etc.  In one of his first games in charge of Spurs recently in Champions League a ballboy effectively set up a Spurs goal with quick thinking.  Interesting edge I think.

43 minutes ago, Jagged Edge said:

It may have appeared strange but it was our only option on the evening as we could only get 3 ballboys for the game! With one for each of the Bing, JHS and John Lambie Stand, it was left to yours truly to cover one half of the Colin Weir Stand (the First Aiders covered the other half, as they are situated behind the barrier for any balls that went over). As I am fast approaching my 62nd birthday, does this make me Thistle's oldest ever ballboy? Should I be looking forward to my Hall of Fame entry?

And yes, I also thought it worked very well that evening.

Thanks for clearing that up, JE. Definitely HoF criteria in my book.:). The constant quick re-cycling of the ball undoubtedly would help our goal tally, so you and your three much younger compatriots should also be claiming assists!

I reckon the rate we were scoring at the Clyde players were just wishing there was one ball and it got stuck in the stands now and again.