Just in

jagfox

very entertaining game today despite the weather

thought ict were the better side first half, more composure on the ball, created a few good chances

second half we upped our game pressurised them more when they had the ball

thought that was bannigans best game for us this season

we still need a holding central midfield player

as other posters have said we should have cole and kakay signed up for the rest of the season

jones took his goal well, might come good for us this season

good to see o'ware back in the team

and fair play to miller ran his socks off today for the team

dundee scored 4 today and we have them at firhill next saturday,  should be a cracker

bring it on

onwards and upwards  :thumbsup2:

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I don’t get this ICT were the better side first half trope. We were in control for most of the half and had some great moves. I can’t recall anything the opposition did of consequence in that period?

I thought we were on top early in the game, could've got something,  but ICT's one chance they got looked the most score-able. The latter part of the first half I felt was more typical of a game heading for a goalless draw. 

4 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

What was more noticeable about the stats was that of our 15 shots, 12 were on target.

Thought that yesterday we were looking far more likely to score from range than normal. Quite a few had a bit of venom into the bargain. I can only mind one token effort (from Dario). Certainly a change for the better. Too often previously we were reduced to politely clapping some player's wayward shot merely for giving it a go.

I haven't seen the stats but presume ICT didn't have nearly as many on target?

33 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Thought that yesterday we were looking far more likely to score from range than normal. Quite a few had a bit of venom into the bargain. I can only mind one token effort (from Dario). Certainly a change for the better. Too often previously we were reduced to politely clapping some player's wayward shot merely for giving it a go.

15 thistle efforts. 12 on target. ICT 17 with 8 on target. So you were right.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think they had 8 on target from 17 shots.  The stats also said they had 55% possession. They might have, although it didn’t seem like it.

I think the possession difference will have come about from the last 25-30 mins when we were a goal up. Some folk might see it as us sitting back too much but I thought we handled the situation rather well. Nervy to a degree but I didn't feel they gave us much problem from open play.  During this period they had a few more corners and at least one free kick from a dangerous position. Perhaps that indicates they were in possession more than us.

Don't really bother with stats that much but I reckon there's been a few games this season when we've won the possession. But  we've been trailing and so almost entirely down to the opposition sitting back and easily absorbing our powderpuff attack.

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think the possession difference will have come about from the last 25-30 mins when we were a goal up. Some folk might see it as us sitting back too much but I thought we handled the situation rather well. Nervy to a degree but I didn't feel they gave us much problem from open play.  During this period they had a few more corners and at least one free kick from a dangerous position. Perhaps that indicates they were in possession more than us.

Don't really bother with stats that much but I reckon there's been a few games this season when we've won the possession. But  we've been trailing and so almost entirely down to the opposition sitting back and easily absorbing our powderpuff attack.

At the start of the 2nd half, the wind was pretty strong against us and ICT were putting in balls that were causing some problems. If it had continued for the rest of the half, I don’t think we would have held out. Apart from that 15 or 20 minute spell, I agree we handled the situation very well. I had wondered if playing with the wind 1st half was the correct decision.

One for the old timers, assistance required. I can mind some drawn Cup ties were settled on the higher number of corner kicks awarded. Not certain what competitions this applied to. Maybe it was just say the Glasgow Cup but may well have been other competitions. Also was this on 90 mins or after extra time pre penalty shoot outs?

Help.