McLean’s best game

Odd Fellows

4 hours ago, Odd Fellows said:

Don’t post very often but thought Steven McLean had a good game wasn’t fooled by ICT’s falling down tried to let the game flow, credit where credit is due.

Totally agree. We mentioned this during and after the game. He took the conditions into account today and seemed to want to let the game flow.

11 hours ago, Odd Fellows said:

Don’t post very often but thought Steven McLean had a good game wasn’t fooled by ICT’s falling down tried to let the game flow, credit where credit is due.

He was excellent yesterday. Unusual because he is normally very poor.  Was impressed by the fat he kept his cards in his pocket and let the game flow as best as possible in difficult conditions 

McLean had a good game and as pointed out he let it flow. More pernickety refereeing would've killed the game as a spectacle. I wasn't too sure about their guy getting booked. Looked more to me he was wrongly claiming a penalty rather than diving about. Then again the same fella had tried it on earlier so he may have been on a warning.

Slightly off topic but some who weren't there yesterday may see a correlation between the ref letting play flow and Bannigan not picking up a customary yellow. Regardless of the ref I don't think Banzo did anything that even warranted being "spoken to". Couple that with his MotM performance and that's an added bonus from yesterday. 

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

McLean had a good game and as pointed out he let it flow. More pernickety refereeing would've killed the game as a spectacle. I wasn't too sure about their guy getting booked. Looked more to me he was wrongly claiming a penalty rather than diving about. Then again the same fella had tried it on earlier so he may have been on a warning.

Slightly off topic but some who weren't there yesterday may see a correlation between the ref letting play flow and Bannigan not picking up a customary yellow. Regardless of the ref I don't think Banzo did anything that even warranted being "spoken to". Couple that with his MotM performance and that's an added bonus from yesterday. 

Banzo's 2 performances against Inverness have been his best by a long way. Is it something about the way they play that really suits him? How can he bring "Top Banzo" into action against the other 8 teams in the League?

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Agree that McLean had a good game and all the comments about allowing for conditions and letting game flow etc. I also think he got the yellow card for simulation 100% correct! 

Had a very good view of this incident (and our 3rd goal). The Jags Defender had his body in the correct position between the ICT player and the ball. As soon as the ICT Player realised he wasn't gojng to win the challenge he went down like a ton of bricks.  You could see the dive coming. 

One minor criticism of McLean was his failure to yellow card the ICT left back (no. 3) for an earlier more blatant dive. Had he done so the big ICT player might not have tried it on later. 

On the positive side, loved the way he cut John Robertson down to size!