Partick Thistle vs Dundee

jagfox

Another Saturday, another good chance to get three points on board.

Like last week's game we face a team we've already beat this season in the league and I'm hopeful of a victory.

I and others have gained confidence from last week's performance but well need the same level of effort to come out on top.

Team wise I can't think of any obvious changes to be made.

Dundee have been blowing hot and cold under McPake. Even last week they were coasting at 3-1 and against ten men but ended up hanging on 4-3.

Prediction

Thistle 2 (Miller, Jones)  Dundee 1 (Hemmings)

Attendance 2367

MTJ OTIG

I surprised myself for predicting last Saturday's result 3-1 and did so with confidence. Have to admit though at half-time I wasn't so sure. In the end it could have been more had our counter-attacking been more effective. 

So why do I not feel as confident about this Saturday? Possibly because:

a) at home we generally slaughter Dundee but lose 

b) Hemmings always does well against us

c) Dundee have more to offer in Midfield (than Inverness) - M Gowan

d) at home we rarely take our chances against Dundee

e) we are going for 3 wins in a row -  generally a fall flat on our face situation. 

Apologies if overly negative so to end on a positive note! 

If we can get a grip of Hemmings and McGowan we will win.  I go for another    3-1.

Going on last Saturday's form (still far from sensational) there's no reason why we shouldn't be confident of getting a win. Agree with OP in that there's no obvious changes to made. None of the outfield squad players last night looked like they've been hard done to by not getting a start. A wee bit of credit to McCall then for finding our best starting eleven even if they're not up to much as a unit.

McCall was suggesting he's got the players fitter and thus less likely to offer little late on. If true that's a bonus as I doubt we'll have much in the way of game changers on the bench. 

Not sure how to feel about this one, really think it could either way. I reckon whoever scores first in this one wins it, so we need to come out the traps and go at Dundee’s leaky defence from the off and stamp some authority. Would keep same starting 11 as last week except maybe zanatta from the start instead of  Cardle but would be happy with either or, as zanatta makes a useful impact sub, something we don’t have many of out with.