Thistle v Dundee highlights

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Joint worst defence in the league.  

A clear-out is definitely needed. 

I'm  not convinced it is the defence.  I think Saunders and O'Ware have played well in the last two weeks.  Williamson as has been said can't defend and the ball comes in from his side too easily.  We get over run in midfield most weeks and  this adds to the pressure on the defence.  Cardle doesn't defend or check his runner leaving overlap possibilities and every second ball is picked up by an opponent.

• Like 1

When in midfield, Kakay protects his full-back (as you'd expect). The other midfielders don't do nearly enough defending off the ball nor can they tackle, but in addition there seems to be little desire among them to bring or send the ball forward into danger areas. The old fault of squandering possession with square passes at the back followed by balls out to the wings and speculative crosses returned on Saturday. It doesn't help that Miller sees that and thinks he has to go back into midfield, or even defence, and deal with it, instead of offering an option further up the pitch.

5 hours ago, Fearchar said:

It doesn't help that Miller sees that and thinks he has to go back into midfield, or even defence, and deal with it, instead of offering an option further up the pitch.

No surprise there. We were well warned by Dundee fans when we signed him that he'd play that way. Every time I saw highlights of Dundee games last season Miller would appear in a deep midfield position.