vs. Morton

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

0-0 

Plus it to be raining in Greenock

Having lived for 2 years in Gourock (in the 1980s), I am definitely endorsing your weather prediction. As regards the score, I think there will be goals, but am fearful of predicting much further, though I have a gnawing feeling that Tam O'Ware will have a decisive part to play, for good or ill, or perhaps both. 

Be interesting to see who doesn't play. Others have mentioned there's quite a few contracted players we will be lucky to get other clubs interested in. That'll be hard enough so the last thing we need is for any of those who are potentially leaving to pick up an injury. We've all got different lists of those we want to handle in kid gloves in anticipation of such an event. The only list that counts is McCall's.

I have a passing interest in Morton because my father, long since gone, was a life long fan. Over the years though I have become less enthusiastic about them. Don't know why. 

As for this weekend's game like some fellow posters I am not feeling very positive about getting a result. 

There are though a couple of positives:

1. I think O'Ware has the measure of Sutton 

2. As the home team Morton will attack which based on our very good counter-attacking second half against ICT could be worth a couple of goals for us. 

Fingers crossed 2-1 Jags. 

3 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Our last three games at Cappielow have resulted in 14 goals scored (6-8 in their favour). Kinda indicates how poor both defences are, especially as it's a fairly tight pitch. 

2 yards wider than Firhill.

105 × 69 - Firhill

110 × 71 - Cappielow

45 minutes ago, jagfox said:

2 yards wider than Firhill.

105 × 69 - Firhill

110 × 71 - Cappielow

The source appears faulty. I think you'll find the Cappielow figures should be imperial (more like 100m X 65m max). I've seen it both written a few times and mentioned that there was no wider playing surface in Scotland than Firhill. 

Anyway, anyone there tomorrow, provided they've had less to drink than I've had today, will notice the pitch is a hell of a lot narrower than Firhill. :)

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The source appears faulty. I think you'll find the Cappielow figures should be imperial (more like 100m X 65m max). I've seen it both written a few times and mentioned that there was no wider playing surface in Scotland than Firhill. 

Anyway, anyone there tomorrow, provided they've had less to drink than I've had today, will notice the pitch is a hell of a lot narrower than Firhill. :)

Cappielow width is 71 yards / 65 meters.

• Like 1