vs. Morton

Jaggernaut

27 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Excellent all round performance today and more to the point it was a real 90 min performance. Signs of the making of a team in there....great support there also. 

I only we could counterattack much quicker than we we do..Every other team can do it why can't we ???.Great 3 points today..

Today was my boy’s first ever Jags match and my first for far too long.

i thought that the team and support were superb. We were 4 or 5 goals better than that shocking Morton team - no football from them at all. Pretty much everyone played well, and the old school daftness in the shed (mainly but not all handbags) brought back some amusing memories of very similar.

My wee boy whose only other game was Brighton / Leicester said it was his best day ever, he was buzzing from the atmosphere, the goals, and how nuts people were going compared to the more ‘reserved’ south east.

was it just me, or was that penalty decision literally the worst ever?!? Who cares really given the result.

so happy tonight. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, West Ender said:

Work rate all round superb. Bannigan imperious.

It has to be said that he is geting more and more one-footed, which is partly why the team is not quick enough at countering: opposition sides know which side of him to stand to ensure that he can't pass forward.

Kakay is a puzzle: he competes energetically for the ball and gets forward into good positions, but when he has an opening on goal, he goes all Simon Donnelly - swiping it wide or high, or even, as today, heading it outside the post.

Great result and performance against an absolute dog turd of a team in Morton. Pitch and weather not ideal either. Never been a big fan of Williamson and Saunders but fair play to them today they were very good. Banzo superb and good to see jones get another goal that his work rate deserved. However my motm was penrice. Best game yet in a jags shirt. Mccall defo turning things around, and who knows with a few additions to bolster the squad, how high up this crazy league we can finish.  

1 hour ago, Fearchar said:

It has to be said that he is geting more and more one-footed, which is partly why the team is not quick enough at countering: opposition sides know which side of him to stand to ensure that he can't pass forward.

Kakay is a puzzle: he competes energetically for the ball and gets forward into good positions, but when he has an opening on goal, he goes all Simon Donnelly - swiping it wide or high, or even, as today, heading it outside the post.

Thot bannigan was magnificent tday, I disagree with the 1 footed opinion, banzo played at least three, 30 yard passes to brilliantly open up play for us using his weaker foot, most footballers will favour their stronger foot, that doesn't mean they can't use the other

2 minutes ago, Keepthebaw said:

Thot bannigan was magnificent tday, I disagree with the 1 footed opinion, banzo played at least three, 30 yard passes to brilliantly open up play for us using his weaker foot, most footballers will favour their stronger foot, that doesn't mean they can't use the other

I certainly noticed two excellent forward balls played on his right foot. Can't deny we are a bit deliberate on the break but then again the likes of Cardle and Miller are hardly creating any space for a break in any case.

• Like 1

We were really good today. I thought Bannigan and Cole dominated the game whilst Saunders and O'Ware nulified Mortons only threat. Kakay was good and Williamson's delivery from forward positions is really good even if his defensive positioning is still suspect.

I'm beginning to really like Jones and not just for his goal today. His willingness to run channels is something that we've missed as it gives our back 4 and midfield an option when under pressure.

Cardle was better than normal and his dummy for Jones goal was really clever. Miller continues to frustrate, we have better midfielders than him sitting in the bench so if he doesn't want to play as a striker his place in the team must be under threat.

Its a rare occassion to watch a thistle performance and be able to make a case for anyone of 10 players getting man of the match. It was almost a tie in my mind between Kakay, O'Ware, Saunders, Bannigan, Cole and Jones. Williamson  and Penrice weren't that far behind.

Morton have gone backwards since the game at firhill. Genuinely the worst opposing team performance I've seen this season and it wouldn't have been unfair if we had won by 4 or 5.

2 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Interesting to look at the league form guide over last 8 games. We are second best behind dundee untited. So some momentum. If we keep that going all to play for. 

This is encouraging.  Think we went through this kind of spell last season - after the New Year.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights.

44 minutes ago, Cfirejkl said:

This is encouraging.  Think we went through this kind of spell last season - after the New Year.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights.

Yes, but the difference being that we didn’t have a complete diddy manager sitting in the dugout who had done nothing before the year end. Fills me full of optimism for the second half of the season.

• Like 2

From the highlights: some really nice passages of play by us, and there actually seemed to be more pace about the passing than earlier in the season. A few excellent chances that could have all easily have resulted in goals. Kakay and Penrice looked really good. A bit nervy near the end, but Fox was on good form (apart from the kick blunder in the first half..... shades of Kenny Arthur there!). Onwards and upwards, Jags!

16 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Cut back dummied by Miller

Read this when I got up and was astounded. Watched the cinema verite style Jagzone highlights and was pleased to see that my character assessment of Kenny Miller, made from Australia, was correct and that he doesn’t do dummying. Not sure who is was, but it certainly wasn’t our favourite octogenarian. 

A massive three points. Lucky to get away with a few at the end, great save by Fox at the death, but that has to be one of the softest penalties I’ve ever seen given. Outrageous. 

Is Big Tam the fox in the box we’ve been looking for? A clinical finish and great to see his reaction. Well done to the players, our sainted Ian and all who attended. 

Happy New Year to all Jags from this envious exile.  (Don’t tell anyone I’m envious of a trip to Cappielow, they’ll  have me sectioned) 

1 hour ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Read this when I got up and was astounded. Watched the cinema verite style Jagzone highlights and was pleased to see that my character assessment of Kenny Miller, made from Australia, was correct and that he doesn’t do dummying. Not sure who is was, but it certainly wasn’t our favourite octogenarian. 

A massive three points. Lucky to get away with a few at the end, great save by Fox at the death, but that has to be one of the softest penalties I’ve ever seen given. Outrageous. 

Is Big Tam the fox in the box we’ve been looking for? A clinical finish and great to see his reaction. Well done to the players, our sainted Ian and all who attended. 

Happy New Year to all Jags from this envious exile.  (Don’t tell anyone I’m envious of a trip to Cappielow, they’ll  have me sectioned) 

It was Cardle who dummied