Colin Weir Dead

Bobbyhouston

9 hours ago, Lindau said:

Totally agree.  A very sad way to end the year. A man that did what any true supporter would do, given the magnitude of his wealth, yet still, unbelievably, had to bear the brunt of criticism from certain posters and so called supporters.  RIP Colin

‘there not supporters of our club , only clowns would criticise a person who went out there way to fund our club , RIP Colin 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Imagine where we would be without his involvement. A saviour in the long term future of this club. The bile against him on this very forum one of the reasons why I have turned my back on it. Rip Colin. 

Me too Moneh. So much so I don't even have an account now. Some of the anti CW stuff from one certain contributor was at times shameful. RIP Mr Weir and thank you for all you did for your club

I was on holiday when this happened, just back, and didn't know about it until after the Morton game.

Regardless of how or by whom the club ends up being run, this is very sad and the timing is particularly cruel, as Colin hasn't lived to see his dream of fan ownership coming true. He was, however, able to see the turn round that has been happening on and off the field, and he was able to do something that most, if not all, of us have dreamed of. 

His generosity was remarkable and was aimed, it appears, at supporting not one but two good (if never particularly popular) causes: supporting a non-sectarian football club in this great city and the ending of Westminster rule in this great country.  A folk-singing, and Jags supporting, friend of mine used to say that once being a Partick Thistle fan in the 20th century was like being a Jacobite in the 18th and 19th!

Colin would have appreciated that, I'm sure.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Edited by Semi Nurainen
missed a bit
  • Like 5
  • Downvote 1

Colin Traynor Weir, aged 72, died peacefully on 27th December 2019 after a brief illness. A loving father, and much loved by family and friends.

The funeral service will take place at Partick Burgh Hall, Burgh Hall Road, Glasgow at 11.15am on Tuesday 14th January 2019, to which all are invited. There will be a private cremation thereafter.

Prior to this, the cortege will stop at Firhill at 10.30am to allow Colin a final visit to his beloved Partick Thistle.

Family flowers only, please, but donations can be made in lieu to the Partick Thistle Charitable Trust.

A Scottish patriot, philanthropist and Jags man to the end.

Rest In Peace, sadly missed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2020 at 7:24 PM, Semi Nurainen said:

I was on holiday when this happened, just back, and didn't know about it until after the Morton game.

Regardless of how or by whom the club ends up being run, this is very sad and the timing is particularly cruel, as Colin hasn't lived to see his dream of fan ownership coming true. He was, however, able to see the turn round that has been happening on and off the field, and he was able to do something that most, if not all, of us have dreamed of. 

His generosity was remarkable and was aimed, it appears, at supporting not one but two good (if never particularly popular) causes: supporting a non-sectarian football club in this great city and the ending of Westminster rule in this great country.  A folk-singing, and Jags supporting, friend of mine used to say that once being a Partick Thistle fan in the 20th century was like being a Jacobite in the 18th and 19th!

Colin would have appreciated that, I'm sure.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

I have supported Thistle forever because of the lack of any bias and the benefits  of inclusivity. I’m sure Mr Weir would have concurred.