PTFC goal of the decade

One t in Scotland

Similar to Team of the Decade ( not necessarily the best but the reaction to it )

Higginbotham v. Hearts ( I doubt I will celebrate a goal with such gusto again )

Craigen v. Morton

ATS v. Kilmarnock ( just before the Hearts game )

Doolan v. QoS ( then sat down and realised it was another 30 mins to sit through )

ETA O'Donnell v. Dunfermline

Edited by One t in Scotland

20 hours ago, laukat said:

Some good ones already mentioned. How about the following?

Gary Fraser v Hearts, don't think I've seen a cleaner strike

SOD v Dunfermline, the impudent chip finish was just a joy to watch

Thanks Laukat for posting the highlights of the Dunfermline game. What a very good team we had then and we scored a few very good goals in that game. On a more personal note this game was 5 days after my Mother died. So the result and Thistle performance helped to make what started as a terrible week a bit more enjoyable for a few hours anyway. Also good to see myself and young Robert behind the goals.

• Like 2

My top five goals in ascending order are :-

5. Chris Erskine against Hibs at Firhill - great combination between Higgy, Lyle Taylor down the right  a clever dummy by Dools and a cracking finish by Chris.

4. Steven O'Donnell at Tannadice -  length of the park in 5 touches including a back-heel...this is the only choice I didn't see live.

3. Higgy against Motherwell at Fir Park - won the ball, weaved past 5 defenders and slotted into the corner...as said elsewhere Higgy was a man possessed that day

2. Stephen O'Donnell against Dunfermline -  a great team goal in a game when we realised that we might just have a special team

1.  Gary Fraser at Tynecastle - with a huge Thistle support behind the goal as the shot exploded in the net  and we knew we were staying up was a special moment 

• Like 1

Definitely my favourite team in 48 years of watching Thistle. The ease in which the key members of that team rolled back the years playing in Dools' Testimonial still brings a lump to my throat.

For those of you quick at arithmetic, yes, I admit it, I am a gloryhunter. I started going to Thistle matches in 1972!