V Alloa

exiledjag

Perhaps a bit early to think about the Alloa game but this is a big chance to put some real 'daylight' between Alloa and ourselves. 

Alloa don't seem to be as gritty under Grant as they were under Goodwin but still are capable of getting the occasional very good result. 

I think if we keep Trouten quiet the game is their for us. 

0-2 th the Jags. 

Feeling a bit more confident after recent games. I give McCall a lot of credit for the way he has used the time since he came to us. He's tried different formations, given everyone a chance while scraping enough points to keep us in touch.

Now he seems to have settled the team and against Inverness and Morton we've seen a couple of good performances and convincing wins. Even the Dundee game, while disappointing, didn't feel like a huge deflection. 

Fancy us to win, but it won't  be easy. (It never is)

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

Apart from Dundee Utd running away with this league, the other teams are very unpredictable. Alloa's last home  game they lost to Morton , then we go and beat Morton away and Alloa win at Dunfermline, so no prediction from me. I  just hope our good away form continues. 3 Points  for Thistle would be a brilliant result. 

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Apart from Dundee Utd running away with this league, the other teams are very unpredictable. Alloa's last home  game they lost to Morton , then we go and beat Morton away and Alloa win at Dunfermline, so no prediction from me. I  just hope our good away form continues. 3 Points  for Thistle would be a brilliant result. 

Alloa love playing Dunfermline. Played them four times this season already. WON 3 DRAWN 1! 

1 hour ago, jaf said:

Lots of unpredictability about.  The only predictable thing is that the pie on a roll will not be as good as I briefly expect it to be. 

Think we ought to have enough about us to win this. 2-0 jags 

Do Alloa sell rolls with pies in them?

Roll and sausage, roll and bacon, roll and pie? Seems rather a mouthful.

7 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Who replaces Kakay now he has gone?

Cardle will move to the right wing with Zanatta replacing him on the left. Austin will appear on the bench to come in as a substitute for one of the two wide players.

(And if Austin isn't named in the squad tomorrow, I don't expect we'll ever see him play for the first team...)

2 hours ago, Firhillista said:

Cardle will move to the right wing with Zanatta replacing him on the left.

That'll be quite likely what happens but Cardle is far more effective cutting in on his good foot from the left. Having seen Austin play I doubt there's much of a track back defender about him bar his pace. Again like Slater he's not a wide player, but I'd rather see Palmer play in the Kakay role simply cos he's more equipped to help out Williamson. Probably won't happen as I don't think we'd risk an injury to players likely to be leaving this month.

Alloa seems quite a tight park so a more compact formation may suit tomorrow. As suggested could allow for the likes of Palmer or Slater to come into midfield.

A return for Zanatta too although he seemed to do better on the road for them last season...

58 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Having seen Austin play I doubt there's much of a track back defender about him bar his pace. Again like Slater he's not a wide player,

I've not seen him play (then again, not many have), but everything I've read about him and the, impressive, videos of him on YouTube, indicate that he's a winger and has played out wide for most, if not all, of his career.

I agree Cardle is better on the left side, so maybe if the Myth is actually a reality, we can watch him tearing up the right wing and cutting in to fire screamers into the net.

I can dream, can't I?

Edited by Firhillista