Jags vs DABs

jagfox

Back to Firhill and a visit from our Tadgerine friends from Tayside/ Angus.

I actually think we've played okay against them this season. 

Logically though we may not expect much as they are running away with the league largely down to a solid defence and midfield with Shankland continuing his fantastic goalscoring form.

The question is how do we temporarily de-rail their march back to the promised land?

I guess Mr McCall has a plan in place and with a bit more attacking flair I think we can bloody their nose.

Team probably won't change much barring O'Ware for McGinty I think. Maybe Slater drops out for Zannata or even the Myth?

Anyway f@#k The DABs; Mon the Jags!

31 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Back to Firhill and a visit from our Tadgerine friends from Tayside/ Angus.

I actually think we've played okay against them this season. 

Logically though we may not expect much as they are running away with the league largely down to a solid defence and midfield with Shankland continuing his fantastic goalscoring form.

The question is how do we temporarily de-rail their march back to the promised land?

I guess Mr McCall has a plan in place and with a bit more attacking flair I think we can bloody their nose.

Team probably won't change much barring O'Ware for McGinty I think. Maybe Slater drops out for Zannata or even the Myth?

Anyway f@#k The DABs; Mon the Jags!

The weather may have a big influence on Saturdays game, continuous heavy rain looks to be the forecast. Perhaps the team that adapts best to the conditions will be the team that wins?

7 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

The weather may have a big influence on Saturdays game, continuous heavy rain looks to be the forecast. Perhaps the team that adapts best to the conditions will be the team that wins?

Lovely blue skies right now? 

Anyway we've played in bad conditions this season so I wouldn't make that an excuse at this stage.

7 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Weather is not an excuse …. for either side, but the smart manager will field a team prepared for what should be utterly sh*t football weather.

Could play right into our hands, we've shown a real aptitude for playing utterly sh*t football at times this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Paulo said:

Could play right into our hands, we've shown a real aptitude for playing utterly sh*t football at times this season.

I might be just be getting over optimistic, but I think we are starting to play better and better football and might get a result. As regards home games, the game against Arbroath in October was our low point [IMO]. Even though we lost against Dundee recently, I think there was little between the teams.

It could be a draw on Saturday, but I sense a one goal win for us.

• Like 1

Never mind the weather

1 hour ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Weather is not an excuse …. for either side, but the smart manager will field a team prepared for what should be utterly sh*t football weather.

Something else the smart manager has to take into consideration. In two words, Willie and Collum.  

Think we have played reasonably well in the recent games (ICT & Dundee) I have seen without really dominating. Agree not much in the Dundee game but thought that though we didn't deserve to lose the game we didn't do enough to win. 

We seemed to have played well against DU this season but I worry about our Midfield. 

I think to have any chance of winning O'Ware & Saunders have to be our defensive partnership and Fox has to be in very good form. 

Here's hoping!!!!! 

8 hours ago, Linlithgow Jag said:

I see that the Inverness v QoS game has already been called off and weather not looking good for tonight and tomorrow. Thoughts on the game going ahead?

It has been awful weather all night but I think the pitch will be ok, however if these winds keep up Mr Collum might have a decision to make regards fans safety for travelling.  Would imagine the ball will be sailing about like the old 99p Woolworth’s balls.