Jags vs DABs

jagfox

33 minutes ago, Big Col said:

A timely reminder of how poor our squad  is and how much dealing McCall will need to do this month.

Yep. It’s clear that DU are the form team in our league, but we need rebuilding to avoid such losses. Dropping back to 9th isn’t good either. 

I trust the management team to get us out of this situation, but things need to improve soon.

• Like 2

January is a tough month to rebuild a squad but it looks the manager is operating on two fronts ....one is getting the basis of a squad now for next season eg Docherty and strengthening the team now eg McKinnon 

that’s a big agenda and shouldn’t be underestimated particularly given the dross the previous two managers signed and we still have 

• Like 1

If, and that's an if we manage to stay up this season, and McCall looks to build a team to contend for promotion next year, just how many of the players in red and yellow today will be there? This squad needs razed to the ground.

Also, did a Partick Thistle fan shag Shankland's maw? Is that why he prefers sticking it to us when he scores rather than with the United fans?

1 minute ago, West of Scotland said:

If, and that's an if we manage to stay up this season, and McCall looks to build a team to contend for promotion next year, just how many of the players in red and yellow today will be there? This squad needs razed to the ground.

Also, did a Partick Thistle fan shag Shankland's maw? Is that why he prefers sticking it to us when he scores rather than with the United fans?

I would personally dump Williamson, Saunders, O'Ware,Penrice, Slater, Cardle, Miller, Jones, Harkins, McGinty, Austin, and I've probably missed a few.

First 30 minutes we looked good. Once we conceded we fell apart. No more talk of top 4, our main objective for the second season in a row is not to go down to League 1. I know we were very poor, but very disappointed to see so many leave the John Lambie stand once they went 3 up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Can we please please please get rid of Kenny Miller?  He’s absolutely done and his attitude is stinking. Others played worse but he is atrocious. 

Yep and considering his poor goal scoring record considering how much of a wage he is getting I expected him to be motivating and geeing up rest of the team- but absolutely nothing 

25 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Ultimately it was a powder puff performance. Shankland was immense to be fair. The only player I'd give pass marks too was Cole. Another reality check. Our home record woeful. Can only hope that our January signings make a huge improvement.

I actually thought that was coles worst game- extremely toothless at set pieces today and looked a tad unfit

• Like 1

Shankland is full of confidence and sharp as a tack. Be good to mark him at corners, not back off as he runs at goal for forty yards or leave him in acres of space at the edge of the box....oops. Our centre halves are woeful- they didn’t even compete. On that showing not convinced at all that o’ware is anywhere near captain material- head went down way too easily. 

kenny Miller is the complete antithesis of shankland- old, slow, unable to finish, a negative influence- actually shite just sums him up better. As for robson - a complete oddity but never a footballer 

33 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Yep and considering his poor goal scoring record considering how much of a wage he is getting I expected him to be motivating and geeing up rest of the team- but absolutely nothing 

When we signed Scott McDonald last season i didn't think he would do anything great. But he did a great job for us and played a big part in keeping us up.Not just with his goals but his overall play and attitude. Miller is the complete opposite.

O’Ware should never be captain of this team. Never his fault, always pointing the finger at a teammate. 

It’s so predictable now it’s hard to even get angry. Play well for 30 mins, don’t score then collapse. 

Our midfield is weak as piss, teams just run through them to be faced by the most brittle defence I’ve seen in a long time. 

Mackinnon would be a vast improvement and might actually bring some heart and fight to the team. 

We played pretty well for the first 30 minutes, conceded two goals far too easily, changed formation at half-time and looked a very poor side.  

Fox made a very good save but I don't know what he was doing at the resultant corner...standing at the post as the ball floated to Shankland who bundled it in from about one yard.  It changed the game - United exploited our inability  to tackle and the huge spaces down our right hand side. In fairness, Shankland has two outstanding finishes but the change from being the better team to also-rans was dispiriting.

Only Bannigan & Cole looked up to the standard of player I would like to see at Firhill...Penrice looked a bit lost when switched to midfield...most of the others are relegation calibre- Williamson, Saunders, Robson, Cardle, Zanatta.  I don't know what we are paying Miller but it is far too much.

I'm a bit underwhelmed at some of the proposed signings - I will not be rushing to see Graham, MacKinnon or Berra but the current squad is nowhere good enough. 

4 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

The "tactical" change at half time was bizarre.  After we lost the first goal we looked poor. After half time we were abysmal. 

It was almost Caldwellesque. Cole’s influence was reduced considerably. Penrice  looked lost in midfield thus increasing the load on Banzo and Robson was completely inept at full back. 
Doubt we would have got anything from the game but the change made it impossible. 

19 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

The "tactical" change at half time was bizarre.  After we lost the first goal we looked poor. After half time we were abysmal. 

This is spot on. Though it was made all the more painful to watch by the fact that we were excellent for the first 30 minutes. Why can we never do it the other way round?

13 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

13 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

I think he decided we needed to take some action at ht despite controlling the game for 30 minutes.  Penrice has been good at LB recently and he saw him as an enforcer. 

Im surprised he hasn’t worked out Robson’s ineptitude sooner because we were absolutely screwed when he appeared.

Hes now had long enough to appreciate the awfulness of the squad so hopefully will get Robson, McGinty, Cardle, Miller, Saunders and possibly Williamson out the door ASAP with appropriate replacements. Even half of these plus the 5 already gone frees up 8 places.

I thought Austin did ok and Banzo good again. Penrice and Zanatta combined well for 30 minutes but Zanatta needs a kicking.

I wasn’t in favour of Mckinnon until today. He’d have kicked a few arses.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big Dan said:

I thought we might have started the game with an extra midfielder but at 0-2 the formation change seemed a bit pointless. But even putting tactics aside just bringing on Robson weakens the side.