Jags v Celtic

Jagsman

I've seen us much worse... Poor from Penrice at the goal, but you get the feeling Celtic have several gears to go up if necessary. Shocking miss from Miller, but for me he shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch anyway - great chance for some younger players to experience a 'big game'. And I think he may have been offside. 

Anyway, while it's 0-1 we've half a chance...

Don’t think celtic got out of second gear,  perhaps because they didn’t need to. 

Can’t fault McCall for optimising the weak hand he has inherited. He’s slowly getting us moving in the right direction. Hopefully at least two more in this window and we can progress 

Celtic playing without wingers gave us a chance but the error by Robson for the first goal and Miller's miss are mistakes that you cant afford against any team. If Celtic had put forrest or Johnston up against Robson they would have run riot.

Thought MacKinnon did welll and does offer protection to the defence. Rudden looked very sharp.

We need a right back and a left sided central defender assuming Brian Graham appears. After that we should have a decent team.

2 minutes ago, laukat said:

Celtic playing without wingers gave us a chance but the error by Robson for the first goal and Miller's miss are mistakes that you cant afford against any team. If Celtic had put forrest or Johnston up against Robson they would have run riot.

Thought MacKinnon did welll and does offer protection to the defence. Rudden looked very sharp.

We need a right back and a left sided central defender assuming Brian Graham appears. After that we should have a decent team.

All of the above.

On the positive side, Saunders did a very good job tonight in an unfamiliar position.. Fox was excellent too. Slater good when he came on.

We're still shaky at centre back when attacked, but hopefully they'll take some heart from the fact that the goals came from a deflection and an unfortunate assist from Penrice, rather than any disorganisation or incompetence (Robson's shittery apart).

• Like 1

I like Slater but I don't see him getting a midfield slot ahead of Bannigan, Cole or MacKinnon. If the rumours about Barjonas coming on loan are true I think Slater will be surplus to requirements.

If we are in for Alan Forest I could see him moving to Ayr as part of that.

Personally I though McCall was giving Slater, Robson and Harkins a run out tonight to help them find new clubs. Perhaps that was also Miller's swansong?

19 minutes ago, laukat said:

I like Slater but I don't see him getting a midfield slot ahead of Bannigan, Cole or MacKinnon. If the rumours about Barjonas coming on loan are true I think Slater will be surplus to requirements.

If we are in for Alan Forest I could see him moving to Ayr as part of that.

Personally I though McCall was giving Slater, Robson and Harkins a run out tonight to help them find new clubs. Perhaps that was also Miller's swansong?

Been thinking this myself.

Rudden and Graham in (assuming the latter is true) means we have an overload of non-firing strikers. 

39 year old Miller on allegedly 3k a week.

Basic economics dictate that Miller should be heading to the dole queue at Cowcaddens.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Confused 1

Thought  O’Ware had an excellent game tonight. Won a lot of ball in the air and on the ground and really led the team. Bannigan,  Cole, McKinnon and Penrice all stood up to the task and did not show too much respect to Celtic. Penrice unlucky with first goal as ball broke to Griffiths after Penrice tried to retrieve Robson’s error.

Robson had a dreadful first half but showed a fair bit of character to give a much improved performance in the second half.

• Like 2