Jags v Celtic

Jagsman

On 1/19/2020 at 11:03 AM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's kinda agreeing, blakey. I don't think a full back/wingback should be so one footed that they can't tackle confidently with their weaker foot. I mean thru necessity and for as far as I remember right footed full backs often find themselves played at left back. 

More to the point tho' I do agree it was the lack of options that forced McCall into playing Robson down the right. And I also agree that as Williamson is so weak defensively it made little difference. Robson at least tries to tackle. 

Not sure if Williamson would fit in as a wide midfielder (his crosses usually come after an overlap) but his final ball is usually very decent. 

Did you see how there first goal came about ? 

Edited by Bobbyhouston

16 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

It was right in front of me. Look - Robson had a shocking 1st half. I know he gave the ball away for 1st goal but I think McCall has to take some blame here. He had limited options but he had could have  played Saunders at RB, for example.

I am only defending Robson on the basis that it was destined to be a big challenge, and likely to fail. He was playing out of position against the best team in Scotland; and he's hardly kicked a ball for months.

24 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Yes. Right in front of me, tho' I was of course generalising and not talking about one specific.

I'll repeat. Robson tries to tackle (tho' I wouldn't argue with anyone who asks if his efforts normally are worth the attempt). Williamson simply won't tackle.  Williamson will stand off an attacker and let Joe ******* Cardle try to win the ball ffs. Anyway this is like talking about your favourite illness, neither should be anywhere near involved in our defence. Williamson can at least produce something further up the pitch. 

2 hours ago, blakey said:

It was right in front of me. Look - Robson had a shocking 1st half. I know he gave the ball away for 1st goal but I think McCall has to take some blame here. He had limited options but he had could have  played Saunders at RB, for example.

I am only defending Robson on the basis that it was destined to be a big challenge, and likely to fail. He was playing out of position against the best team in Scotland; and he's hardly kicked a ball for months.

He shat himself in a tackle were it was 70-30 in his favour 

• Like 1