Jags v Celtic

Jagsman

20 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Oh. I should've said. That's Celtic's under 15s.

A game from not long ago - Celtic7 Thistle under 15's 6 Celtic scored the winner in the 15 minutes injury time  given by referee Father John O' Fafferty!

Another shock result that day was Falkirk 12 Hearts 0  Walter Kidd was playing for Hearts!

32 minutes ago, milhouse said:

We are playing competitive professional football here, there is literally no point in even turning up if we don't think we have a chance of winning. Bigger upsets have happened in sporting history. Looking forward to it, and I'll always be proud to be a Thistle fan.

1971 to be precise against them 

Has the club considered taking down the Thistle banners and flags in the JLS?

The other arse cheek caused a lot of damage recently, that initiated a lot of fundraising activity to replace the banners they had disrespected!

Do we give the great unwashed who will contaminate the JLS on Saturday the benefit of the doubt, that they can behave any better?

6 hours ago, thru thin and thin said:

Has the club considered taking down the Thistle banners and flags in the JLS?

The other arse cheek caused a lot of damage recently, that initiated a lot of fundraising activity to replace the banners they had disrespected!

Do we give the great unwashed who will contaminate the JLS on Saturday the benefit of the doubt, that they can behave any better?

There's nothing surer than those flags and banners getting destroyed by the filth unless they are removed in time (the flags and banners, or the filth).

Celtic coming back from their holidays in Dubai. French Eddy likely to be rested and Leigh Griffiths likely to start with their new signing Klimala on the bench. That could be good or bad news I suppose but our defence will be happier facing Griffiths physically and pace wise than the strong and free-running Edouard, imo.

We haven’t beaten this mob at Firhill since 1993 in a competitive game so odds of around 22/1 for a home win may be justifiable. However Sir Ian has bedded back in. The team is capable of scrapping for a victory although also a 4-1 or 5-1 pumping never seems that far away. 

So I reckon we have a chance but will go down to the odd goal. 

Partick Thistle 1 Celtic 2

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ptptfptfc said:

Have nothing but optimism (blind), but still. 
Fox

Saunder Oware Mcginty Penrice

cardle bannigan mackinnon Cole 

Miller rudden 

go for it why not, nothing to lose no shame in shipping goals to this lot just go for it n see what happens 

Agree totally. Sit in and we will get beat without giving ourselves a chance. As Dennis McQuade says in the Times, go for it and you never know

I would love us to nick a goal in the first quarter of the game [a Cole free kick], and then play good, tight defensive football [I know ….. we have not done this all season, but wouldn't today be a good time to start?].

The early goal shuts them up, and gives the Thistle fans the momentum to sing and celebrate and generally have an excellent Saturday.

It worked in 1971.

Not at all confident about today. With our GK and defence, they’ve got a 2 goal lead before kicking off. We struggle to score against wee diddy teams so can’t see anything much happening at that end of the pitch today either unfortunately.

(Edited to add - agree totally with previous posters. We should not be set up to sit in with 10 men behind the ball and soak up pressure. That’s been done so many times and the result is always the same. So don’t let Archibald anywhere near the tactics board for this game and lets go for it.