Sign in to follow this  
Albert's Ghost

Darian MacKinnon

Reading the last sentence he will still be a part of the coaching setup at Hamilton yet on the look out for a new team. Seems like a strange arrangement playing for one team and coaching another, albeit there youth team

We've been too nice for ages. I don't know how good he is these days, but in principle I'm all for this.

Not sure how much he has left in his legs but the concept of Mackinnon is exactly what we need, someone who’ll get stuck in and do the dirty work in midfield, something we’ve been missing for ages. Should In theory help the attack as much as the defence as it allowed banzo and Cole the freedom to play further forward and be creative. Same to the full backs. Some accies saying he’s passed it now, but have to keep in mind he’s dropping down a level so hopefully he’s the perfect man for us.

Could be a very good signing.

We've not had a defensive midfielder since Osman started selling hats. I think Darian will match Steven Anderson's will to win and hopefully his organisational ability

As long as he's fit enough we should have a player that will make others in the midfield and defence better. Nice to have a player in the squad that other players will fear

1 minute ago, CotterJag said:

MacKinnon signing should allow Bannigan to do his fowling further up the park.

MacKinnon's no chicken either.

47 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Does Docherty replace him in that position next season?

I assume so. I think Docherty is a more adventurous player than MacKinnon, certainly more mobile. Also assuming we'll have a more competent centreback pairing next season, so a defensive mid with a bit of attacking flair won't go amiss.