Darian MacKinnon

Albert's Ghost

Not sure how much he has left in his legs but the concept of Mackinnon is exactly what we need, someone who’ll get stuck in and do the dirty work in midfield, something we’ve been missing for ages. Should In theory help the attack as much as the defence as it allowed banzo and Cole the freedom to play further forward and be creative. Same to the full backs. Some accies saying he’s passed it now, but have to keep in mind he’s dropping down a level so hopefully he’s the perfect man for us.

Could be a very good signing.

We've not had a defensive midfielder since Osman started selling hats. I think Darian will match Steven Anderson's will to win and hopefully his organisational ability

As long as he's fit enough we should have a player that will make others in the midfield and defence better. Nice to have a player in the squad that other players will fear

47 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Does Docherty replace him in that position next season?

I assume so. I think Docherty is a more adventurous player than MacKinnon, certainly more mobile. Also assuming we'll have a more competent centreback pairing next season, so a defensive mid with a bit of attacking flair won't go amiss.