Selling Thistle tickets to Celtic fans DISGRACE

Bobbyhouston

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Supporters liaison officer has probably been contacted by ours doubt if it will cause folk to return them . After a full day on the sauce, a wooden stand, a notorious support this could end up very badly

They will just proceed to do what they done in the game I have already commented on.  Turn up without wearing colours, then break out in voice when the goals go in.

37 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

However, what if a true Thistle fan changes his mind and decides he wants to go now. Its Wednesday, there are hundreds of available seats but the club says they cant sell anymore tickets. Is that what your suggesting?

Yes because they’ve been on sale for weeks and it stops any potential trouble in the Colin weir stand , it’s been poorly managed  by the club 

13 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

i hope there are precautions taken to protect the tiles in the main concourse in the jhs and also the banners in the john lambie stand

Banners will be taken down but I'm not sure what can be done about the tiles. I don't envisage a problem but you never know with some people!

4 hours ago, Paddy Thistle said:

We should have been selling the tickets for this after the home games to allow home fans to purchase them without having to go up to firhill or buy online. 

I bought 6 online on Saturday after we discovered they weren't on sale after the match 

^ This

Noticed that on https://www.ptfctickets.co.uk/ the match is now coming up as "unavailable" - nothing in the news section to say why this has changed.

* Edit - missed twitter post by Bobbyhouston saying tickets taken off sale.

Edited by P-R

2 hours ago, MonehJags said:

How could this be prevented? If our fans are not buying the tickets and the 'away' section is sold out, do we just stop selling all the tickets for the home end?

The damage is done this time but as I say we're supposed to be a fan owned club the next time the ugly sisters come calling. Perhaps in the future Jags fans will have fan tags or whatever as it'll surely be in the interest of a fan owned club to know who their fans are for a multitude of reasons (voting etc). No ticket selling scheme will be full proof but we should be able to come up with some system that's as near as damn it.

This has had bad news written all over it in so many ways. 

1 Game moved (to suit TV) and to an incredibly silly time which has rarely been used in Scottish football

2 One of three home games in a month with a non regular KO time. And each one has a different time. Football fans are creatures of habit don't you know?

3. Home fans moved (to advantage club / other fans) and not for the first time. If you don't look after your own then you get what's coming to you.

4 Horrible triumphalist attitudes from the self proclaimed BFITKU. Would you really volunteer to be in the company of these people +esp The GB and their illuminated methods

5 Twenty quid three weeks after Christmas with , for many, pay day still two weeks away. 

Really, is there any (negative/faintly positive) factor that I have missed?

And some ponder why others among us want to avoid this train wreck in the making?

Go if you wish but please don't go pointing fingers at those who choose to be elsewhere in Saturday

32 minutes ago, MMCF said:

1 Game moved (to suit TV) and to an incredibly silly time which has rarely been used in Scottish football

2 One of three home games in a month with a non regular KO time. And each one has a different time. Football fans are creatures of habit don't you know?

3. Home fans moved (to advantage club / other fans) and not for the first time. If you don't look after your own then you get what's coming to you.

4 Horrible triumphalist attitudes from the self proclaimed BFITKU. Would you really volunteer to be in the company of these people +esp The GB and their illuminated methods

5 Twenty quid three weeks after Christmas with , for many, pay day still two weeks away. 

And some ponder why others among us want to avoid this train wreck in the making?

Go if you wish but please don't go pointing fingers at those who choose to be elsewhere in Saturday

I will be there, but also understand why others choose not to go. So no finger pointing from me.

54 minutes ago, MMCF said:

right ok I can see you are a part timer, no need for list of excuses 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I will be there, but also understand why others choose not to go. So no finger pointing from me.

I've decided no to go AJ, after hearing all this today. The last home game against them was bad enough but at least I was surrounded by Jags comrades only in the Colin Weir. I'll be paying £11.99 to watch it on Premier Sports instead. Really, really would rather that money went to the club but 5.30 on a Sat night with Celtic fans in the same stand with flares is a disaster waiting to happen.

5 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

I've decided no to go AJ, after hearing all this today. The last home game against them was bad enough but at least I was surrounded by Jags comrades only in the Colin Weir. I'll be paying £11.99 to watch it on Premier Sports instead. Really, really would rather that money went to the club but 5.30 on a Sat night with Celtic fans in the same stand with flares is a disaster waiting to happen.

I hope everything goes well both on and off the park. As i say i understand why fans don't want to go to this game. Just hope they return for the remaining league  and Challenge cup games . 

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 1

Have no problem with it if they can behave well enough.

I'm sure many of us have been in the home end at away games for one reason or another.

I did so at Berwick one time and have done so at many Scotland games.

We filled Kilmarnock away end at one game and many fans were in their end.

Anyway, back to the main point, which imo, is to maximise revenue at every game without causing any danger to either set of fans.

If a few Celtic fans want to sit in with the Thistle fans to watch the game live, I don't see any problem.

18 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

An aside: Hibs have sold out their allocation for Tannadice. I have a couple of friends who are Hibs fans and who've bought tickets to be mingling with DU supporters. A similar issue as ours, about how to control ticket sales, just on a smaller scale. 

Some glaring differences though. Dundee United didn't give Hibs 80% of their stadium capacity and still left the opportunity for more away fans in the remaining home end.

With regards to the tie you mention home sales have been sluggish for some reason. Strange as looks like the tie of the round to me.

You would think United would fancy their chances whereas we're heading to wards footballing miracle territory if Thistle were to win or even draw on Saturday.. .

Edited by jagfox

Hmm - this is not looking great. I already have my tickets but can see why some fans will avoid. I hope lessons can be learned from this, and hope the game passes without incident.

it was odd that the tickets were not on sale after the game on Saturday. My guess is that we were just not organised. In defence of the club they have probably been distracted by recent events with colin weir. I think we also have fewer staff overall. 

mind you after the game last Saturday I’d possibly not have bought tickets straight away. 

I did notice that the Celtic slo was trying to get in touch with our slo tonight. Hopefully to return some tickets and/or put in place measures for Saturday.

Edited by blakey

33 minutes ago, blakey said:

Hmm - this is not looking great. I already have my tickets but can see why some fans will avoid. I hope lessons can be learned from this, and hope the game passes without incident.

it was odd that the tickets were not on sale after the game on Saturday. My guess is that we were just not organised. In defence of the club they have probably been distracted by recent events with colin weir. I think we also have fewer staff overall. 

mind you after the game last Saturday I’d possibly not have bought tickets straight away. 

I did notice that the Celtic slo was trying to get in touch with our slo tonight. Hopefully to return some tickets and/or put in place measures for Saturday.

Lessons are never learned from these events. These kinds of issues have been coming up for many years when we play either erse cheek at Firhill; the situation is much worse because we've now been left with a 3-sided stadium in which one side is considered risky for erse-cheek supporters with pyromanic disorders.

Remember a few years ago when we were promised that the north stand would for ever be r&Y only? I can clearly remember it.

3 hours ago, Bobbyhouston said:

right ok I can see you are a part timer, no need for list of excuses 

I'm friends with a Jags fan who will not need to think twice about turning up at Inverness, Dingwall, Pittodrie  or wherever on a Tuesday night in mid winter but will not set foot in Firhill when either of the ugly sisters visit. In short he won't make a six mile round trip for one game but happily travel 360 miles for another. Next I'll see him is in Arbroath but I'll be sure to point out what a part timer he really is. 

As is often the case with our club, we rarely learn from our mistakes. We’ve had a flavour of what Celtic’s horrible fans are all about with their behaviour at the Youth Cup Final and on the night they won the league. Yet Thistle are prepared to indulge them yet again for the sake of a quick buck. I think most of us reluctantly agree with giving them the JHS and the John Lambie - a club at our level can ill afford to waive such a financial bonus, but to do so at the expense of our own fans’ safety is unacceptable.

As other posters have alluded to, the ingredients are there for a night of shame. In recent years, the worst behaviour by Celtic fans saw them destroy seats at Fir Park, riot in Motherwell town centre and Dundee’s General Manager described their behaviour at Dens as the ‘worst he’d seen in 50 years’. The Motherwell match was a Friday night and the Dundee game was an evening kick off on Boxing Day. I really feel sorry for our fans who bought tickets in good faith. It could be a toxic evening.

The club have been shamefully negligent here. It wouldn’t have been difficult to deploy a database system where ticket sales are restricted to season ticket holders and to those with a purchase history. Allowing Celtic fans to buy tickets en mass, online is inexcusable.

This whole fiasco is even more regrettable given the excellent work of Ian McCall in making us competitive again with such a limited squad. When you listen to his interviews he exudes positivity and is constantly talking our club up. Yet the club have managed to undermine his efforts in restoring morale.

Partick Thistle - always the cuddly toy.

Edited by Tom Stronach
  • Like 1