Arbroath vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

Can we make it third time lucky versus Dick and his Arbroath side this season? The hosts are on a poor run of form and lost away to Alloa on Tuesday night. 

Thistle did okay overall versus Celtic and our two new signings showed up pretty well. A couple of additional new players could be in the line-up come Saturday.

I’m quite confident we can bring the three points down the road. 

Arbroath 1 Thistle 2 (Rudden, Bannigan (pen.) 

MTJ OTIG

• Like 2

I think it will be a tight game.

Arbroath, though unlikely to match their first half of season results, will get back on the rails at some point and suppose Jags are the most likely team to help them do so. 

Wighton hasn't played that much recently so might not be effective as he usually is against us. Same though could be said for some of our players. 

Bobby Linn is the danger man. Hold him and I think we will be OK. 

So being positive 2-1 (possibly 2-0) to Jags. 

7 hours ago, La Dolce de Vita said:

Been lurking a while but first post. It's a shame I didn't post before the player my username is based off left the club...

I'm tentatively looking forward to this one! Should be a good day out anyway.

If they play as well as they did at times in that Celtic game they'll win.

Mon eh Jags!

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your day out. Arbroath is certainly a different venue!

Real mix of memories. Seeing a dog on the terracing. Fans changing ends at half time. Alan Archibald scoring a double. Wind blowing in off the North Sea. Danny Lennon's daisy cutter taking forever to work its way into the corner of the net on the coldest day of the year.

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your day out. Arbroath is certainly a different venue!

Real mix of memories. Seeing a dog on the terracing. Fans changing ends at half time. Alan Archibald scoring a double. Wind blowing in off the North Sea. Danny Lennon's daisy cutter taking forever to work its way into the corner of the net on the coldest day of the year.

Now that is a good post

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Probably 4 of the new signings starting today....let’s hope it’s a new dawn !

At the same time we've gotta be realistic and give the team time to settle. With that in mind I think if one newbie is to settle right away I hope it's MacKinnon. Number one priority as I see it is providing some cover for our brittle defence and just as importantly, some organisation.