Bottom of the championship

TartanC4

Well that was a disaster.... Well embarrassing. I don't see us getting out of this. Even McCall can't justify it, or excuse that performance. A disgrace to the shirt... I was actually looking over to see if Gary Caldwell was still in the dug out. The first half, our players touched the ball 23 times and only put together four consecutive passes. Really ******* embarrassing. I've been singing McCalls praise all week, impressed with the signing and thought today would be the start of our season. More like the end. 

And have been for 15 months (more or less)! The last two years have been awful and could become traumatic unless the manager and players start winning games in a reasonably consistent manner. The way things are right now I’d take securing 8th on the last game of the season (for the second year running) ! 

Game's like that make you question logic and what actually controls form. Basically we are a yo-yo team with a very long string. It doesn't matter who is playing or who is in the dugout...

We are destined to go lower before we come back. Might as well accept it. At least it means we get a bit more variety in terms of teams we play.

29 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

You are coming across like a big fan of the Gary Caldwells management style, and decision making over his time at Firhill. First you state he was never beaten at Arbroath and now reminding us all that we finished the dizzy heights of sixth. 

4 minutes ago, fenski said:

Game's like that make you question logic and what actually controls form. Basically we are a yo-yo team with a very long string. It doesn't matter who is playing or who is in the dugout...

We are destined to go lower before we come back. Might as well accept it. At least it means we get a bit more variety in terms of teams we play.

I have to disagree.... I don't think we are a yo yo team and I absolutely believe that it matters greatly who is playing or who is in the dug out.... That statement is utter balls... Doesn't matter. I think everyone might disagree. Do you not think it Could have just have been an off day, or caught cold by the conditions. 

19 minutes ago, TartanC4 said:

You are coming across like a big fan of the Gary Caldwells management style, and decision making over his time at Firhill. First you state he was never beaten at Arbroath and now reminding us all that we finished the dizzy heights of sixth. 

Calm your pants. I was being flippant.

Edited by Dark Passenger

4 minutes ago, TartanC4 said:

I have to disagree.... I don't think we are a yo yo team and I absolutely believe that it matters greatly who is playing or who is in the dug out.... That statement is utter balls... Doesn't matter. I think everyone might disagree. Do you not think it Could have just have been an off day, or caught cold by the conditions. 

We seem to have an awful lot of off days, and  even more where we don't adapt to conditions,  strangely  enough more than any other team, which must be why  we are bottom in the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

We seem to have an awful lot of off days, and  even more where we don't adapt to conditions,  strangely  enough more than any other team, which must be why  we are bottom in the league.

Had an awful lot of “‘off days “ so far which is why we’re bottom of the league after 22 games played so far .

47 minutes ago, TartanC4 said:

With 2 part time teams in the league, there is no way we should finish bottom and before i am told, i know we have not beat the part timers this season. 6 Games played against the 2 p/t teams lost 2 and drawn 4. If we do go down questions have to be asked of McCall,as he was brought in with time to turn it around. Imo we will not go down, but another season of vast under performing. We really have to do a lot better next season.

6 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

With 2 part time teams in the league, there is no way we should finish bottom and before i am told, i know we have not beat the part timers this season. 6 Games played against the 2 p/t teams lost 2 and drawn 4. If we do go down questions have to be asked of McCall,as he was brought in with time to turn it around. Imo we will not go down, but another season of vast under performing. We really have to do a lot better next season.

I disagree. I am of the belief now that this lot are gutless and not up for a fight. League 1 next season.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

How are we compared to last season at this point. 

After 22 games last season we had 19 points and were 2nd bottom 1 point ahead of Falkirk and 11 points behind QOS in 4th place.This season we have 22points after 22 games but are bottom. However we are only 7 ponts away from 4th place.Last season QOS ended up in the relegation playoff spot after being in the promotion playoff spot at this point.

Anyone that thinks we are destined for relegation or for promotion can't be confident in either prediction. Personally I think we have a better manager, have had a better transfer window than last season and some of the other teams have had worse transfer windows so far.

QOS look like they need some fairly major signings in the next 6 days, Morton need to replace 2 of their defence fairly quickly, Dundee look in need of a new manager and ICT will be playing the remainder of the season with a brand new centreback pairing.

Didn't make today but it sounded like a really bad day at the office. With the number of new singings they will need a couple of games to settle and in MacKinnon's case to get match fitness. Ayr on Friday will tell us more but even if we're brilliant I wouldn't take it as anything more than 3 points. Every team in this league has been totally inconsistent apart from Dundee United which is why they are running away with the league. Unfortunately no team has been consitently terrible this season which means relegation is a possibility for every team bar Dundee United as much as playoff place

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TartanC4 said:

I was reflecting on the bigger picture. But whatever, everyone's pissed off post another loss. No point in arguing.

11 minutes ago, laukat said:

After 22 games last season we had 19 points and were 2nd bottom 1 point ahead of Falkirk and 11 points behind QOS in 4th place.This season we have 22points after 22 games but are bottom. However we are only 7 ponts away from 4th place.Last season QOS ended up in the relegation playoff spot after being in the promotion playoff spot at this point.

Anyone that thinks we are destined for relegation or for promotion can't be confident in either prediction. Personally I think we have a better manager, have had a better transfer window than last season and some of the other teams have had worse transfer windows so far.

QOS look like they need some fairly major signings in the next 6 days, Morton need to replace 2 of their defence fairly quickly, Dundee look in need of a new manager and ICT will be playing the remainder of the season with a brand new centreback pairing.

Didn't make today but it sounded like a really bad day at the office. With the number of new singings they will need a couple of games to settle and in MacKinnon's case to get match fitness. Ayr on Friday will tell us more but even if we're brilliant I wouldn't take it as anything more than 3 points. Every team in this league has been totally inconsistent apart from Dundee United which is why they are running away with the league. Unfortunately no team has been consitently terrible this season which means relegation is a possibility for every team bar Dundee United as much as playoff place

I fear Dundee will get a new manager just a couple of days before they play us

On a bit of vacation and just tuned in to find this result

I was not over optimistic but certainly had hope.  
it seems to me like a repeat of last season.

Anytime you have a home record as poor as we do, a struggle is going to be on the cards

i have faith in the management and that the resources are there for success.  However, we have less margin for error than any other team.

• Like 1

I thought McCall was the right person to get us up the league to safety. With a squad of players who most of us recognised as being very poor he has managed to keep us in touch with the other teams just above us in the league. He has done a lot of business in this transfer window and if the rumours are correct one or two more to come in before it shuts. I would hope that this sees us rise up the table to safety and plan for a promotion push next season. If we were to go down McCall's position as manager would need to be reviewed. 

2 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I thought McCall was the right person to get us up the league to safety. With a squad of players who most of us recognised as being very poor he has managed to keep us in touch with the other teams just above us in the league. He has done a lot of business in this transfer window and if the rumours are correct one or two more to come in before it shuts. I would hope that this sees us rise up the table to safety and plan for a promotion push next season. If we were to go down McCall's position as manager would need to be reviewed. 

With the ink not long dry on a 3 year deal and having paid off Caldwell and Archie before him there can’t be much left if any for affordable sackings...

like you I thought and still think he’s the man for the job so hopefully we start to see his first signings make a difference very soon 

Just now, JAG1970 said:

With the ink not long dry on a 3 year deal and having paid off Caldwell and Archie before him there can’t be much left if any for affordable sackings...

like you I thought and still think he’s the man for the job so hopefully we start to see his first signings make a difference very soon 

Agree with you regarding another pay off. I don't think we will need to go down that road. We need some wins very soon though. Friday night would be a great time to start.