Dundee vs Partick Thistle - 6 pinter?

jagfox

1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Ironically, I never at any time believed, no matter how badly we played under Caldwell that we'd go down. I don't have the same confidence this season.

Sad to say.

That's exactly how I feel. I always thought we would stay up last season. I really can't see it this season, I think we're going down.

I raised my concern about Scott Fox in a previous post prior to the Celtic cup tie. Nothing has changed!

Stuck on his line, Not coming for crossballs, Giving his defence no confidence that he has their backs!

Yet, he is guaranteed to be first name on the team sheet, week in, week out!

His body language on the pitch, shows he does not really care!

A recent interview in the papers confirmed this, when he states that he doesn’t care about conceding goals, as long as the team score more than they lose!

That, IMO, beggars belief! Surely any keeper would wish to contribute to keeping clean sheets, and be annoyed at not being able to achieve that!

He is happy to be back in Glasgow, closer to his family, and picking up a wage whether he plays well or not - No pride in his performance, whatsoever!

It concerts me that IMC does not seem to be concerned about this?

1 minute ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Would be our lowest league finish in the second tier of Scottish football for 35 years should we finish bottom. A damming indictment for everyone associated with this club. 

I know Arbroath are doing a lot better than most would have expected, but we should not forget that 2 part time teams are above us in the league. A massive underachievement at Firhill at the moment.

• Like 1

Different level of football obviously but look at Liverpool now they have a top cat in goals. Their defence was a shambolic bag of nerves with that clown Karius in goal. It starts at the back. A commanding presence. Fox is the sort of spineless weakling who would be the last man you’d want in the trenches next to you. He’d just let the Germans walk right in. I’d drop him and then get rid of him in the summer. He’s utterly useless

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thru thin and thin said:

I raised my concern about Scott Fox in a previous post prior to the Celtic cup tie. Nothing has changed!

Stuck on his line, Not coming for crossballs, Giving his defence no confidence that he has their backs!

Yet, he is guaranteed to be first name on the team sheet, week in, week out!

His body language on the pitch, shows he does not really care!

A recent interview in the papers confirmed this, when he states that he doesn’t care about conceding goals, as long as the team score more than they lose!

That, IMO, beggars belief! Surely any keeper would wish to contribute to keeping clean sheets, and be annoyed at not being able to achieve that!

He is happy to be back in Glasgow, closer to his family, and picking up a wage whether he plays well or not - No pride in his performance, whatsoever!

It concerts me that IMC does not seem to be concerned about this?

McCall has had a good look at Fox and Sneddon since taking over, so there's a reason why Fox is the current number one. You're reading too much into selective quotes in a newspaper interview. In my experience, on and off the pitch, every goalkeeper, Scott Fox included, detests losing goals. You bloody well know about it when they do.

Also, where is your evidence to back up the bit in bold? 

Support dwindling as well. Less than 400 there today and I can't blame anybody for staying away.

Battered it up to there to make it in time and it was a hellish drive home. All to sit and watch that absolute sh1te.

Honestly don't know how much more I can take.

46 minutes ago, Jag said:

That's exactly how I feel. I always thought we would stay up last season. I really can't see it this season, I think we're going down.

You think were going down ??? on that performance today we are definitely going down.  If had one I would put my mortgage on it..

4 minutes ago, avie-man said:

I really hope Archie isn't taking training again. McCall has always been hands off at his clubs with training and delegated it. Last time Archie was leading the squad we had constant injury problems and were often toiling late in games.

Actually I think that the fitness aspect is one thing that's improved. We were still running around like heidless chickens after 90 minutes and looked like we could have comfortably played on in the same manner for another 30 minutes.

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Actually I think that the fitness aspect is one thing that's improved. We were still running around like heidless chickens after 90 minutes and looked like we could have comfortably played on in the same manner for another 30 minutes.

We could have played on for another 90 minutes and still got nowhere....

Could be a knee jerk reaction after watching yet another shambles but I genuinely feel like that games is the final straw for me with regards to away games this season. I’m fed up spending all the time and money I do to watch that bunch of spineless, uninterested imposters. Nobody at the game today could convince me that that is a team going anywhere but down. No fight, no ideas, no leaders on the pitch. It seems like every single team we play wants it more and is way fitter than us. The sad thing is it’s been this way for the past two years. The body language of the players after the first goal went in said it all and I knew there and then it was only a matter of how many Dundee were going to score. Worry times ahead and I honestly don’t know where our next win is coming from. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lewcal said:

Could be a knee jerk reaction after watching yet another shambles but I genuinely feel like that games is the final straw for me with regards to away games this season. I’m fed up spending all the time and money I do to watch that bunch of spineless, uninterested imposters. Nobody at the game today could convince me that that is a team going anywhere but down. No fight, no ideas, no leaders on the pitch. It seems like every single team we play wants it more and is way fitter than us. The sad thing is it’s been this way for the past two years. The body language of the players after the first goal went in said it all and I knew there and then it was only a matter of how many Dundee were going to score. Worry times ahead and I honestly don’t know where our next win is coming from. 

That's not a knee-jerk reaction that's an honest opinion of this team.. I have only missed one game this season due to being on holiday....but no more away games for me..S.t.  paid for at Firhill only....

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

That's not a knee-jerk reaction that's an honest opinion of this team.. I have only missed one game this season due to being on holiday....but no more away games for me..S.t.  paid for at Firhill only....

Same here.  Missed today as Arbroath was the straw that broke the camels back for me.  Frightening tallying up cash spent on away days in recent seasons vs value for money.  Home games only for the foreseeable (not that they are anymore pleasurable).  

3 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Same here.  Missed today as Arbroath was the straw that broke the camels back for me.  Frightening tallying up cash spent on away days in recent seasons vs value for money.  Home games only for the foreseeable (not that they are anymore pleasurable).  

I am sorry to remember you Friday night vs Raith. Is pay at the gate..Not on S.T.  

I'm a good bit confused as to why McCall thinks he put out the wrong team. In saying that I'm assuming he means the wrong formation and the personnel changes that would come about from that.

From the defensive point of view by his own admission we lost goals to a set piece and an individual error. So formation hardly comes into it. Dundee played three at the back with wingbacks providing width. We then by numbers alone should have least had some control in central midfield especially going forward to assist Graham. That simply didn't happen. I'd suggest our unwillingness to play the ball on the ground was mostly to blame. Aimless booting of long balls from goalie and defence in the vague direction of Graham in effect missing out five midfielders being the order of the day. The subsequent formation/player changes only making that long ball nonsense more predictable and smacking of desperation.

McCall was more guilty of not getting his starting XI playing football in a more sensible fashion than not picking the right players.

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm a good bit confused as to why McCall thinks he put out the wrong team. In saying that I'm assuming he means the wrong formation and the personnel changes that would come about from that.

From the defensive point of view by his own admission we lost goals to a set piece and an individual error. So formation hardly comes into it. Dundee played three at the back with wingbacks providing width. We then by numbers alone should have least had some control in central midfield especially going forward to assist Graham. That simply didn't happen. I'd suggest our unwillingness to play the ball on the ground was mostly to blame. Aimless booting of long balls from goalie and defence in the vague direction of Graham in effect missing out five midfielders being the order of the day. The subsequent formation/player changes only making that long ball nonsense more predictable and smacking of desperation.

McCall was more guilty of not getting his starting XI playing football in a more sensible fashion than not picking the right players.

Absolutely spot on summary.