Dundee vs Partick Thistle - 6 pinter?

jagfox

9 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

can we just do one change for the game against RR next Friday, can we have a change in GK?

This is a poor team who are not helped by having a bad [or lets be generous and call him unlucky] keeper. 

Spot on...Fox has lost his mojo and is at least a one goal start for the opposition before a ball is kicked......our precarious position needs radical solutions ....first off start getting clean sheets then slugging out ugly, no frill wins .

I’m now the same. Pointless expending the emotional energy in this team of losers. I watch Cowdenbeath now and then and genuinely enjoying watching a team of boys earning nothing but looking like they give everything. Watching thistle just sucks the life out of you and makes me feel genuinely sad. As has been pointed out earlier there is a whole culture of cronyism and softness about the club. Being crap is one thing. Being as weak and ridden with the loser mentality is another thing entirely 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Amen. Good to see that people are waking up to this. Now let's vocalise this to those in charge. 

Sadly agree that we seem to be rudderless. But what do we change? WHO do we change? And with whom?!? 

Worrying times. Thought we'd turned a corner, but sadly getting even worse, which I thought was pretty much impossible.

17 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

I’m now the same. Pointless expending the emotional energy in this team of losers. I watch Cowdenbeath now and then and genuinely enjoying watching a team of boys earning nothing but looking like they give everything. Watching thistle just sucks the life out of you and makes me feel genuinely sad. As has been pointed out earlier there is a whole culture of cronyism and softness about the club. Being crap is one thing. Being as weak and ridden with the loser mentality is another thing entirely 

I watched Forres Mechanics grind out a 2-2 draw with Buckie Thistle today; at least the players cared. And the wind was howling around the ground.

I’ve not seen that level of care at Thistle for some years, perhaps since our promotion from the second tier. 

Edited by sandy

48 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

Cronyism is it to a tee - spot on 

The fans have made it clear. They don't want outsiders managing the team or running the club and if they can get away with it anyone with a history they don't like is hunted. Caldwell, Miller, Chien Lee. We are worse than a ******* bowling club clique. Let's bring back Archie, McCall, Doolan, Erskine. Nae room for a coaching job for Balatoni?  The club is all about looking after your pals than actually a successful football team.

Oh and a slight comment about the playing squad. Archie got it in the neck for his honking record of signing strikers but **** me he didn't half sign some utter pish at centre half as well. McGinty, O'Ware, Devine, Piccolo. 

You reap what you sow. 

We are a good team on paper, but when we actually play football on grass we are devoid of scoring threat, we look nervous and tentative …. We were awful with Alan Archibald [at the latter stages of his management career] we were pathetic with GC as he simply had no clue …. but now were are a gutless association of random strangers under IMC … why is this?

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Most of us accepted Caldwell had to go

most out thought McCall a good appointment 

we thought the squad wasn’t good enough we have changed it 

so to me it’s down to McCall 

Not completely in agreement some of the players fox, oware etc have to be questioned. We are lumbered with passengers like zanatta.coukd be asked what is Kenny Arthur doing as fox is getting worse and what is Archie doing as our defence is not improving.

if McCall was to leave (which I doubt will happen) I’d certainly not be happy with these characters sticking around. Archie again as manager. As someone said McCall hasn’t just suddenly become a bad manager- there is something seriously wrong at the club 

3 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Ironically, I never at any time believed, no matter how badly we played under Caldwell that we'd go down. I don't have the same confidence this season.

Sad to say.

Absolutely the same , old firm loanees learning their trade won’t keep us in the league.

McCall has called it wrong with his signings , not any better than who we let go 

8 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

We are a good team on paper, but when we actually play football on grass we are devoid of scoring threat, we look nervous and tentative …. We were awful with Alan Archibald [at the latter stages of his management career] we were pathetic with GC as he simply had no clue …. but now were are a gutless association of random strangers under IMC … why is this?

The way we are set up is paramount and that’s down to the manager/ s , struggling to remember us playing on the break and 4 or 5 players bursting a gut to attack the opposition’s goal.

There is no desire in the team , no physicality and very little pace.

Worrying times 

• Like 1

I'll wait a bit longer to judge a team thats had such a big turnover in players. Yet again.

I get the feeling there was a slight  lack of plan B to having Rudden and Graham up front. 

Dont have enough players who carry the ball and take a defender on unfortunately.

Barjonnas seemed a completely pointless signing the bad reports from Raith were enough for me to dislike him tbh.

Although theres plenty we could change in that team i really cant wait to see the back of Fox. Yes he was in the County team that got promoted but they didnt seem overly fussed letting him  go either. The amount of goals we could avoid losing with a keeper who is willing to leave his line at a corner or set peice really ****s me off.

Il keep faith in McCall for now.

This is the worrying part for me. After last January’s signings ( macdonald) in particular I never thought we’d go down even with coco the clown in charge. Now I can’t see how we’ll stay up. Imagine this team of losers against an airdrie or raith in the play offs. I can imagine training at thistle being all laughing and joking with the old pals Arthur and Archie probably standing doing nothing. No arses kicked. No collars felt. Fox dropping his cup of tea on the way off the bus. Mitch Austin trying to remember if he’s there to play football or what his actual job title is. Lewis mansell hitting shots into the nearest Bush. Tam o’ware fiddling with his hair. Zanatta making sure he’s got enough aloe Vera cream on his cheeks. Jacqui low sitting in the background somewhere planning our assault on Europe. And IMac stood there thinking “ why the f*** did I leave Ayr”

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Absolutely the same , old firm loanees learning their trade won’t keep us in the league.

McCall has called it wrong with his signings , not any better than who we let go 

Some said if the consortium who owned Barnsley bought us we would be a feeder club for them. Instead we now look like a feeder club for the 2 arse cheeks. Sevco in particular.