Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Garscube Road End

McCall

Recommended Posts

He did well with Ayr although they got relegated before bringing them back up. He did better with a squad he didn't rate before the January window. If we don't beat Dunfermline i think the pressure will be on him. I was happy when he was appointed, but have been disappointed so far. Some time to turn it around , but not much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three managers and countless signings, loans, and freebies over the past three or four years and nothing has changed. The problem isn't just with the manager, but with the coaches, Chief Ex, board, and the utter rot that has set in at this club. The club has a loser mentality and the people in charge would rather use it as a vehicle for whatever social agenda they want to push as opposed to getting the job done on the pitch. Sick to the back teeth of it. 

I'm sorry, but so many people associated with the club are so used to losing that the it must become infectious. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Three managers and countless signings, loans, and freebies over the past three or four years and nothing has changed. The problem isn't just with the manager, but with the coaches, Chief Ex, board, and the utter rot that has set in at this club. The club has a loser mentality and the people in charge would rather use it as a vehicle for whatever social agenda they want to push as opposed to getting the job done on the pitch. Sick to the back teeth of it. 

I'm sorry, but so many people associated with the club are so used to losing that the it must become infectious. 

this tenfold!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don’t sack the manager who gets us relegated.

We give him the budget to sign duds.

When we do sack him, we replace him with a worse manager.

We give him the budget to sign duds.

When we sack him, we hire an ex-manager and re-employ the sacked manager who got us relegated.

You really couldn’t make it up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

We don’t sack the manager who gets us relegated.

We give him the budget to sign duds.

When we do sack him, we replace him with a worse manager.

We give him the budget to sign duds.

When we sack him, we hire an ex-manager and re-employ the sacked manager who got us relegated.

You really couldn’t make it up.

And even if we go down, McCall will keep his job and more than likely bring back Doolan and Erskine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Big Col said:

We don’t sack the manager who gets us relegated.

We give him the budget to sign duds.

When we do sack him, we replace him with a worse manager.

We give him the budget to sign duds.

When we sack him, we hire an ex-manager and re-employ the sacked manager who got us relegated.

You really couldn’t make it up.

Nah, you're just making this up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the manager says his fault today,  he picked  the wrong team

ok ian what team should you have selected today and what formation

i had a look at the subs bench    scary!

heidless chickens sums it up for me today

all of the playing squad should in tomorrow doing a full shift

second to every 50/50 ball giving the opposition players to much time on the ball

when we did manage to get hold of the ball we were pressured straight away

too many players slept walked through that game today

far too slow getting the ball forward and the midfield not supporting our forwards

dundee couple of passes, players moving off the ball,  chances created

this has been going on for weeks now, what do they do on the training pitch all week

we don't play as a team , more a team of individuals

i could go on, totally scunnered,  don't mind being beaten by a better team, but this, certainly no way

if this goes on like this over the next couple of games I believe relegation is on the cards

onwards and upwards, I don't think so

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

all of the playing squad should in tomorrow doing a full shift

This for sure; get them working for a wage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If McCall is saying he picked the wrong team then does he actually know what he's doing? What does that say about the players he has signed this month, particularly an injured Mayo and Barjonas. Very worrying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Big Col said:

We don’t sack the manager who gets us relegated.

We give him the budget to sign duds.

When we do sack him, we replace him with a worse manager.

We give him the budget to sign duds.

When we sack him, we hire an ex-manager and re-employ the sacked manager who got us relegated.

You really couldn’t make it up.

Could be made into a Blockbuster of  a movie...Hammer house of horror...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy McD said:

Could be made into a Blockbuster of  a movie...Hammer house of horror...

Should change next Friday 's game from Alba to the Horror channel. For Thistle fans anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Would you trust them to do that? Give them a brush to sweep out the stadium.

 

4 minutes ago, JAGSMAN1968 said:

After that display today wouldn't even trust them to do that

Anything that keeps them of the pitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

We get paid? Why I am never told about these things :angry2:

You do it for the love of Thistle. A true Thistle man.:clapping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McColl is a decent manager the problem is we’ve became a basket case of a club.

2 1/2 years of downward spiral on the park

1 1/2 years of off field shenanigans with questionable decisions, statements and priorities.

The whole club needs an overhaul from top to bottom, become 1st and foremost about being a football club that concentrates on winning games with the 1st team, drop the nepotism, be professional and if need be ruthless.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fawlty Towers said:

It is tough love this season though!

We will all be with our true loves on Valentines night this year.:whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

McColl is a decent manager the problem is we’ve became a basket case of a club.

2 1/2 years of downward spiral on the park

1 1/2 years of off field shenanigans with questionable decisions, statements and priorities.

The whole club needs an overhaul from top to bottom, become 1st and foremost about being a football club that concentrates on winning games with the 1st team, drop the nepotism, be professional and if need be ruthless.

I agree to an extent. What I would say though is having a woman's team in not why we are bottom of the division. Having 100 vulnerable people in on Christmas Day is not why we are bottom either. It could be argued that other areas are performing well whilst the area we all see - the first team are not. One of the things I like about the concept of fan ownership is that we know a lot of the areas that need improved in and around the club whilst directors who have come from afar don't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rot started for me when Archie was kept at least 6 months if not a year too long. The spineless way we went down in the play offs offering not a hint of a fight meant at the very least he should have been punted then. When you go through a list of the “ players “ we’ve money on the last two years it’s beyond scary. Some of them it’s doubtful are even footballers. Remember antonio German. And now Mitch Austin. How do we manage to sign players who are injured or don’t even play. What does Gerry Britton do? He might be mastermind 2020 but I wouldn’t have him running the cake stall at my local village fete. And Archie coming back as assistant? It’s like getting divorced. The woman divorces Archie. She re marries and then Archie is brought back into the house as a sort of stunt ****/ general handyman. It just wouldn’t happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×