McCall

Garscube Road End

He did well with Ayr although they got relegated before bringing them back up. He did better with a squad he didn't rate before the January window. If we don't beat Dunfermline i think the pressure will be on him. I was happy when he was appointed, but have been disappointed so far. Some time to turn it around , but not much.

Three managers and countless signings, loans, and freebies over the past three or four years and nothing has changed. The problem isn't just with the manager, but with the coaches, Chief Ex, board, and the utter rot that has set in at this club. The club has a loser mentality and the people in charge would rather use it as a vehicle for whatever social agenda they want to push as opposed to getting the job done on the pitch. Sick to the back teeth of it. 

I'm sorry, but so many people associated with the club are so used to losing that the it must become infectious. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Three managers and countless signings, loans, and freebies over the past three or four years and nothing has changed. The problem isn't just with the manager, but with the coaches, Chief Ex, board, and the utter rot that has set in at this club. The club has a loser mentality and the people in charge would rather use it as a vehicle for whatever social agenda they want to push as opposed to getting the job done on the pitch. Sick to the back teeth of it. 

I'm sorry, but so many people associated with the club are so used to losing that the it must become infectious. 

this tenfold!

• Like 1

We don’t sack the manager who gets us relegated.

We give him the budget to sign duds.

When we do sack him, we replace him with a worse manager.

When we sack him, we hire an ex-manager and re-employ the sacked manager who got us relegated.

You really couldn’t make it up.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

When we sack him, we hire an ex-manager and re-employ the sacked manager who got us relegated.

And even if we go down, McCall will keep his job and more than likely bring back Doolan and Erskine. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Nah, you're just making this up.

the manager says his fault today,  he picked  the wrong team

ok ian what team should you have selected today and what formation

i had a look at the subs bench    scary!

heidless chickens sums it up for me today

all of the playing squad should in tomorrow doing a full shift

second to every 50/50 ball giving the opposition players to much time on the ball

when we did manage to get hold of the ball we were pressured straight away

too many players slept walked through that game today

far too slow getting the ball forward and the midfield not supporting our forwards

dundee couple of passes, players moving off the ball,  chances created

this has been going on for weeks now, what do they do on the training pitch all week

we don't play as a team , more a team of individuals

i could go on, totally scunnered,  don't mind being beaten by a better team, but this, certainly no way

if this goes on like this over the next couple of games I believe relegation is on the cards

onwards and upwards, I don't think so

40 minutes ago, Big Col said:

Could be made into a Blockbuster of  a movie...Hammer house of horror...

• Haha 1

McColl is a decent manager the problem is we’ve became a basket case of a club.

2 1/2 years of downward spiral on the park

1 1/2 years of off field shenanigans with questionable decisions, statements and priorities.

The whole club needs an overhaul from top to bottom, become 1st and foremost about being a football club that concentrates on winning games with the 1st team, drop the nepotism, be professional and if need be ruthless.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

McColl is a decent manager the problem is we’ve became a basket case of a club.

2 1/2 years of downward spiral on the park

1 1/2 years of off field shenanigans with questionable decisions, statements and priorities.

The whole club needs an overhaul from top to bottom, become 1st and foremost about being a football club that concentrates on winning games with the 1st team, drop the nepotism, be professional and if need be ruthless.

I agree to an extent. What I would say though is having a woman's team in not why we are bottom of the division. Having 100 vulnerable people in on Christmas Day is not why we are bottom either. It could be argued that other areas are performing well whilst the area we all see - the first team are not. One of the things I like about the concept of fan ownership is that we know a lot of the areas that need improved in and around the club whilst directors who have come from afar don't.

• Like 1

The rot started for me when Archie was kept at least 6 months if not a year too long. The spineless way we went down in the play offs offering not a hint of a fight meant at the very least he should have been punted then. When you go through a list of the “ players “ we’ve money on the last two years it’s beyond scary. Some of them it’s doubtful are even footballers. Remember antonio German. And now Mitch Austin. How do we manage to sign players who are injured or don’t even play. What does Gerry Britton do? He might be mastermind 2020 but I wouldn’t have him running the cake stall at my local village fete. And Archie coming back as assistant? It’s like getting divorced. The woman divorces Archie. She re marries and then Archie is brought back into the house as a sort of stunt ****/ general handyman. It just wouldn’t happen