McCall

Garscube Road End

52 minutes ago, jagfox said:

We've gone backwards since May 2018 when Gerry Britton was appointed  permanent Chief Executive.

Since then we're on our third manager and sit bottom of the league. Coincidence?

I appreciate there are many issues for the miasma around the club. 

An interim board waiting on a fans working group isn't providing the leadership or direction needed at this time.

I want McCall to succeed but questions need to be ask. 

Personally I'm not sure what Scally and Archibald bring as assistant managers?

On field we are still making basic errors, conceding goals from corner kicks and the chances seem to be drying up.

At least McCall has stated the target is 8th place but we need a massive uplift in performance and effort to reach that lowly yet vital goal.

Britton can’t be blamed for the 17/18 relegation season- that was maxwell’s bag. I don’t think he was responsible for the firing of Archie or the hiring of Caldwell either to be honest- he answers to the board 

7 minutes ago, ironfist said:

Britton can’t be blamed for the 17/18 relegation season- that was maxwell’s bag. I don’t think he was responsible for the firing of Archie or the hiring of Caldwell either to be honest- he answers to the board 

Just a coincidence then? Could be. 

Something doesn't seem right at the club anyway. 

I do think letting miller go was a mistake. In a relegation fight we need experience. Also thought although miller missed a few chances he did start off a lot of moves and linked midfield and attack quite effectively. We don’t have anyone who can do that now. If the money saved on miller allowed us to get Rudden in for example then looking like a mistake of massive proportions given Ruddens fitness  and injury issues.    Both against Arbroath and Dundee we have missed him.

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

What’s has the first team not  got ? A manager, two assistants, a gk coach, sports science and a turnover of players that’s quite large ! How much time is that lot spending on the women’s team or the academy.....none 

More money, ultimately the woman's team and academy come at a cost. Personally i would disband both because the woman's team will never make us a fortune and the academy apart from Fitzpatrick has failed to produce. We seem to send our academy players on loan and then they get released. I don't see any of the players out on loan coming back that run out of contract this season.

4 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

I don't think you're grasping this. It's not cash that's being diverted away from the first team.

Money's been thrown at the first team over the past few seasons, by all accounts. There's been no lack of it.

more money is needed, and i don't think you are grasping the fact that the womens team and academy will never make us back what it costs. this is now for thistle to run with mr weirs cash no longer at beck and call so will be interesting to see how this plays out over next 5 years and if we still have them.

8 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

more money is needed, and i don't think you are grasping the fact that the womens team and academy will never make us back what it costs. this is now for thistle to run with mr weirs cash no longer at beck and call so will be interesting to see how this plays out over next 5 years and if we still have them.

Ah 8 players in January not enough hey let’s bring in 27 .....we have one of the biggest budgets in the league throwing money at it isn’t a magic solution as we are proving

and the insults behind 

51 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Just a coincidence then? Could be. 

Something doesn't seem right at the club anyway. 

Something hasn’t been right since 17/18 the club basically started to nosedive then and has never looked like reversing the trend since. 12 games left this year and I wouldn’t bet on us staying up, or pre-planning for a significant drop in revenue after relegation 

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'd agree Archie should've been sacked earlier than he was. But I very much doubt that many would have been of that opinion early in yon season. We had started about every season poorly, gaining momentum. As was the case with our best season.  Also at the time we had a number of injuries most of us thought would make a major difference on return. In hindsight I believe the first time the Board/Maxwell could've/should've acted would have been around Feb/Mar '18.

I agree that hindsight is a wonderful thing. If my memory is right, roundabout the time Clark was appointed at Killie, there were questions around whether Archie should be kept or not. I confess that I wasn’t in agreement with that group, but maybe a more ruthless board would have acted ?