McCall

Garscube Road End

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

How would Ian McCall know if the loan players are any good if they’re just making their way in the game and have not played any first team football,my point was nothing to do with finances more to do with the thought process on how he thought these loan players are going to make a difference in a relegation battle when they are still learning the game .

Well he gave the impression in interviews that he had seen them all.....o Connor is very highly rated 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Well he gave the impression in interviews that he had seen them all.....o Connor is very highly rated 

Huge difference playing u20s football for the Old Firm than playing in a relegation battle in the Championship, we’ve not got time or enough games left to find out whether they can cut it .

21 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

McColl is a decent manager the problem is we’ve became a basket case of a club.

2 1/2 years of downward spiral on the park

1 1/2 years of off field shenanigans with questionable decisions, statements and priorities.

The whole club needs an overhaul from top to bottom, become 1st and foremost about being a football club that concentrates on winning games with the 1st team, drop the nepotism, be professional and if need be ruthless.

What nepotism are you referring to?

2 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

What you have said here just sounds nonsensical.

If you have a chaotic boardroom / business place you will only produce more chaos. To my mind we have probably been a badly run company since the top 6 place in the Premier League, and probably before. It may be there has been layers and layers of wallpaper covering the cracks in the PTFC organisation?

Genuine concern, if we go down to league 1, that slide into crowds of 300 / 400 may be enough to ruin the club completely. Worrying times

I remember the optimism at the Player Awards evening when we had secured top 6 status. It felt that we had finally arrived in the SPFL, ready to cement our status like St Johnstone.

How quickly that crumbled, leading to a general feeling of malaise. I don’t want to see us slide into the third tier, so something needs to change quickly.

Cole aside, I don’t think loan signings are the solution.

6 minutes ago, sandy said:

I remember the optimism at the Player Awards evening when we had secured top 6 status. It felt that we had finally arrived in the SPFL, ready to cement our status like St Johnstone.

How quickly that crumbled, leading to a general feeling of malaise. I don’t want to see us slide into the third tier, so something needs to change quickly.

Cole aside, I don’t think loan signings are the solution.

I dont see the point of these loan signings we made from the Old Firm. Maybe it's all we can afford with paying players off. But these youngsters arent the answer for our relegation battle. If you are looking long term, even in League 1, I understand that, but as they are loanees they wont be here unless we buy them. If we are in League 1 then we wont have a lot of money to spend. I think only Brownlie and Graham look decent signings.

7 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

I felt no confidence at all that things would get any better when Caldwell was given the job and nothing he did disabused me of that fact. As soon as McCall got the job, I was certain that things would get better. Yesterday was mince and I'm as concerned as any other fan but I'd much rather have McCall try to find a way out of this than Caldwell or most of the other candidates who were mentioned after Caldwell got the boot. McCall has, imo, correctly identified and quickly shifted out the players who most needed to be gone. He's completed a transfer window which appears to have been mostly positive and has a plan for going forward. Does that make yesterday any better? Nope, but it still gives me hope.

Agreed.

We are shit at the moment but this chopping and changing managers is not the answer . We need to get behind McCall , support the team and hope. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'd agree Archie should've been sacked earlier than he was. But I very much doubt that many would have been of that opinion early in yon season. We had started about every season poorly, gaining momentum. As was the case with our best season.  Also at the time we had a number of injuries most of us thought would make a major difference on return. In hindsight I believe the first time the Board/Maxwell could've/should've acted would have been around Feb/Mar '18.

I fail to understand the  relevance of trying to pinpoint the exact point that the malaise set in. Whether Archie should of been sacked 6 months earlier is not relevant to the position we find ourselves in today. 

12 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Ah, I see it took you nearly 15 minutes from the final whistle to get on your keyboard and start with your negativity this week.

Is there any need for this kind of post?

If you cannot cope with another poster's cynicism/frustration/dark humour or plain fedupnness then maybe you should consider whether this forum is a place you should be visiting after a Thistle game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Actually that isnt necessarily true .....management is full of sweeping generalizations like this ....lots of shambolic organizations do well and lots of well organized one have problems ....look at sports direct 

This is true HOWEVER very few Poorly Run Small Companies survive - they dont have the luxury of Big Financial Backers or Scale - so if you look at Hamilton Accies - Sain Johnstone - Run Well on the Park and Off it   

10 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

This is true HOWEVER very few Poorly Run Small Companies survive - they dont have the luxury of Big Financial Backers or Scale - so if you look at Hamilton Accies - Sain Johnstone - Run Well on the Park and Off it   

Don’t know enough about how they are run to comment 

4 minutes ago, watties wallies said:

maybe the signing on loan these young players was due to budget constraints

i do however like o'connor, gets right onto his opposing player and has good technical skill

maybe some of more experienced players should have a closer look at this lads attitude 

I think that’s probably true. We are hardly awash with cash, and with revenues dropping significantly year on year over last 2 seasons loans would make financial sense

40 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Don't disagree re St.Johnstone, but did Hamilton not lose £1million by being conned by an internet scam a few years back ?

Edited by Auld Jag

1 hour ago, Emsca said:

I fail to understand the  relevance of trying to pinpoint the exact point that the malaise set in. Whether Archie should of been sacked 6 months earlier is not relevant to the position we find ourselves in today. 

Dear oh dear! You cannot see the relevance of the timeline of Archie's dismissal? Blind to the obvious.

1 hour ago, Emsca said:

Aye, you're right. Mind you I wasn't trying to put across any definite relevance.  

1 hour ago, Emsca said:

I think some would say that it is directly related to where we are. Of course it is all speculation. If he had been sacked earlier we may not have ended up in the playoff and lost to Livingston. However, the earlier post wasn’t about whether Archie should have been sacked, but rather whether Board in action or lack of focus is one of the reasons for our decline over the last 3 seasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paddy malarkey said:

Teams with young , athletic (and inexperienced )players are running over the top of us , home and away . We need to get pace into the team to combat this , and the young guys we have could give us that uplift . Surprised how unfit Rudden looked when he played .

I don't want to be too negative on the recent loan players we have, but when I saw Rudden come on against Ayr, to me he looked like a slow version of Connor Sammon. 

• Sad 1