McCall

Garscube Road End

Low still involved and just generally agreed that the club seemed like a rudderless ship. Also that we have ideas way above our station as one of the big names in the league. We’re Partick Thistle, we’re a big team sort of stuff. Didn’t disagree when I thought we had 10th sewn up

47 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

Met one of the board from another championship club at my work today. In a nutshell all the negative feelings many have on here towards the club and the way it’s run are spot on. From top to bottom our club really is rotten

How would another clubs board member know anything about how PTFC is run? Should they not be concentrating on their own club? 

Edited by dl1971
Grammar

22 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

How would another clubs board member know anything about how PTFC is run? Should they not be concentrating on their own club? 

Seeing each other 4 times a season. Transfer dealings. Although to be fair it’s not hard to work out our clubs a complete shambles and has been for a while. Lows involvement again is enough to give anyone the fear

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

Low still involved and just generally agreed that the club seemed like a rudderless ship. Also that we have ideas way above our station as one of the big names in the league. We’re Partick Thistle, we’re a big team sort of stuff. Didn’t disagree when I thought we had 10th sewn up

That sounds like just an opinion as opposed to having any hard info. 
What club was he/she from

48 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

Not a great deal of evidence to support the statement that 'From top to bottom our club really is rotten'

• Like 1

I won’t betray the guys confidence but we just had a general chat about championship clubs and the problems of the game up here in general. He wasn’t running thistle down. Was merely confirming what many on here have said recently. Ie: too many jobs for the boys. Said he thought we should be with our decent name and stature in the Scottish game we should be a comfortable premiership club. J lows tenure coincided with one of worst managerial appointments and a clusterf*** of a season. Performance wise this is even worse. But last season was embarrassing. The thought of her having any more involvement sums up my complete antipathy to the team. Those comedy monthly broadcasts with her and that halfwit Caldwell would put you off for good

• Like 1

The bottom line is that no one would give a monkeys flunkey if our results were much better. Most fans dont care about the boardroom. They really care about the team and the manager. I dont think we can in any way apportion ALL blame to the board as both Caldwell, McCall and indeed Archie were given decent budgets to put a decent team on the park. Yes you could argue that archie should have been sacked earlier and also Caldwell, but blaming the boardroom for all our problems is to miss the point. Some are now suggesting that hospitality is rubbish and somehow relating it to boardroom ineptitude. Next they'll be blaming the board for fox not coming off his line, austin not crossing the ball in the last minute or the 66 bus not running on time. And finally to those suggesting that McCall's appointment was part of an old mates appointment, about 0.5% of the support were in agreement that was the case. The other 99.5% thought it excellent. As always McCall will be judged by his results, but please spare me the I told you so rhetoric well after the event. Apart from that nothing to see :-). 

2 hours ago, Kingleo said:

I won’t betray the guys confidence but we just had a general chat about championship clubs and the problems of the game up here in general. He wasn’t running thistle down. Was merely confirming what many on here have said recently. Ie: too many jobs for the boys. Said he thought we should be with our decent name and stature in the Scottish game we should be a comfortable premiership club. J lows tenure coincided with one of worst managerial appointments and a clusterf*** of a season. Performance wise this is even worse. But last season was embarrassing. The thought of her having any more involvement sums up my complete antipathy to the team. Those comedy monthly broadcasts with her and that halfwit Caldwell would put you off for good

I am not sure how saying what club, is going to betray any confidence. What other clubs did he talk about in any detail ? What about his own. How well/badly is it run ?

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

The bottom line is that no one would give a monkeys flunkey if our results were much better. Most fans dont care about the boardroom. They really care about the team and the manager. I dont think we can in any way apportion ALL blame to the board as both Caldwell, McCall and indeed Archie were given decent budgets to put a decent team on the park. Yes you could argue that archie should have been sacked earlier and also Caldwell, but blaming the boardroom for all our problems is to miss the point. Some are now suggesting that hospitality is rubbish and somehow relating it to boardroom ineptitude. Next they'll be blaming the board for fox not coming off his line, austin not crossing the ball in the last minute or the 66 bus not running on time. And finally to those suggesting that McCall's appointment was part of an old mates appointment, about 0.5% of the support were in agreement that was the case. The other 99.5% thought it excellent. As always McCall will be judged by his results, but please spare me the I told you so rhetoric well after the event. Apart from that nothing to see :-). 

To a point yes, but with every company if the top level is chaotic or shambolic or not professional then that filters down.

Dead simple if my boss comes in late and leaves early what example does that set myself or my coworkers? Will I watch my time keeping?

If my manager is late with his deadlines to me will I be on time with mine to him?

If he turns up to an important meeting in jeans and a T-shirt would I feel i need to adhere to company dress code and wear a suit and tie?

The top of the tree sets the standards, the examples to the rest of the company by doing it. 

• Like 1

So this mysterious board member of another club thinks:

" ... we have ideas way above our station as one of the big names in the league."

But he also thinks:

"... we should be with our decent name and stature in the Scottish game we should be a comfortable premiership club."

Does he, aye?

Sounds like someone's talking out of their arse. I wonder who?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, West of Scotland said:

So this mysterious board member of another club thinks:

" ... we have ideas way above our station as one of the big names in the league."

But he also thinks:

"... we should be with our decent name and stature in the Scottish game we should be a comfortable premiership club."

Does he, aye?

Sounds like someone's talking out of their arse. I wonder who?

Why are many posters  so defensive.?

A guy says in conversation that yes the perception is  that our Club is a bit of a shambles at the moment - quell surprise. Folk have been saying that on here for months.

It is his view- he is not trying to impose it on anyone else or to make a public point about it. He said it in conversation with Kingleo- the type of conversation that goes on every day throughout the country. Kingleo has, quite correctly, chosen not to reveal which Club the guy is connected with - he was simply making the point that the perception many have, is shared by a Board member of another Championship Club.

If the guy is wrong and actually the Club is running perfectly like a well oiled machine with everyone knowing their roles and responsibilities and working to their maximum potential- that's great . What harm has been done by this guy expressing an opinion in a private conversation.

If, as I expect, there is a large dose of truth in what he says, then it is useful for the Fans to be aware that there may well be issues at Boardroom level.

Don't shoot the messenger. 

isdcommon

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Emsca said:

A guy says in conversation that yes the perception is  that our Club is a bit of a shambles at the moment - quell surprise. Folk have been saying that on here for months.

It is his view- he is not trying to impose it on anyone else or to make a public point about it. He said it in conversation with Kingleo- the type of conversation that goes on every day throughout the country. Kingleo has, quite correctly, chosen not to reveal which Club the guy is connected with - he was simply making the point that the perception many have, is shared by a Board member of another Championship Club.

If the guy is wrong and actually the Club is running perfectly like a well oiled machine with everyone knowing their roles and responsibilities and working to their maximum potential- that's great . What harm has been done by this guy expressing an opinion in a private conversation.

If, as I expect, there is a large dose of truth in what he says, then it is useful for the Fans to be aware that there may well be issues at Boardroom level.

isdcommon

Of course there are issues in the boardroom, given the TFE issue. Hardly the revelation of the century.  What boardrooms do run like a well oiled machine? Not many if any. 

1 hour ago, Emsca said:

isdcommon

It’s a bit like not defending a family member if some random person was criticising them

1 hour ago, Emsca said:

isdcommon

Good point, well made.

Just clicked back in after a day at work and emsca sums it up well. The guy wasn’t bigging up his own club and rubbishing ours. He just made some general points having interacted with members of our board. I don’t think it’s rocket science to suggest that things aren’t going well at Firhill. 6 months worth of poor performances you could say is a blip. 3 years worth of this rubbish and you have to think it’s more than just the playing side. The players look complacent. There’s no one there to give them a rocket. The fact fox hasn’t kept a clean sheet for god knows how long and is an automatic every week tells you there’s way too much carrot and not enough stick. Nisbet to net on Saturday and a comfortable away win. How many would be surprised at that outcome?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingleo said:

Just clicked back in after a day at work and emsca sums it up well. The guy wasn’t bigging up his own club and rubbishing ours. He just made some general points having interacted with members of our board. I don’t think it’s rocket science to suggest that things aren’t going well at Firhill. 6 months worth of poor performances you could say is a blip. 3 years worth of this rubbish and you have to think it’s more than just the playing side. The players look complacent. There’s no one there to give them a rocket. The fact fox hasn’t kept a clean sheet for god knows how long and is an automatic every week tells you there’s way too much carrot and not enough stick. Nisbet to net on Saturday and a comfortable away win. How many would be surprised at that outcome?

So who should be giving the players a rocket if not McCall? Will I be surprised if we get beat? Probably not, but I'll also not be surprised if we win. Dunfermline are more than beatable. I still go to games with a degree of hope. If you dont I struggle to find a reason why you would go. With regard to fox I agree hes not been great. I can only assume that sneddon is not impressing at all in training. I cant imagine McCall is not picking him just for a laugh. 

19 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

So who should be giving the players a rocket if not McCall? Will I be surprised if we get beat? Probably not, but I'll also not be surprised if we win. Dunfermline are more than beatable. I still go to games with a degree of hope. If you dont I struggle to find a reason why you would go. With regard to fox I agree hes not been great. I can only assume that sneddon is not impressing at all in training. I cant imagine McCall is not picking him just for a laugh. 

The big thing in any team is competition for places , because players raise their game to make sure they stay in the team .

We’ve not got that just now , we can barely put our full quota of subs on the bench  

2 hours ago, Kingleo said:

To be fair, your 1st post about it seemed to suggest that he was rubbishing our club - but that might just have been you. 

By my reckoning we have had at least 3 boards in those 3 years. Which board was your guy talking about.