McCall

Garscube Road End

9 hours ago, javeajag said:

Ok no examples just a opinion based on your dislike of one female .....football fans don’t like facts as you are proving 

Not just the female, there are other wasters who are male in positions of power, but she is the figurehead of the board so buck stops with her!

As ever, squabbles about whose side you are on.

We got relegated under Beattie. Under Beattie there was also the questionable and ultimately unsuccessful decision to retain Archie. So it it factually incorrect to suggest that our decline did not begin before he left.

However when he did leave (the first time) I don't think anyone was anticipating the disasters that have followed. As I understand it the club was in a decent place. So those who have followed have to take responsibility for our further demise.

The most worrying thing is where we are now. No clear lines of responsibility or indication of a credible plan. And bottom of the league.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, javeajag said:

So if we had David Beattie running the club we would never get relegated .....ludicrous 

all a board can do us appoint a manager , maximize the available resources and let him get in with it which ours have done 

I don't think we would still be struggling if he was in charge, he is at least a successful professional businessman

16 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Well now we have a poor board and are gonna get relegated, somehow i get the feeling your happy with that...at least that is the way your posts come across

You and a couple of others keep going on about the board being poor but don’t give any examples or facts so that just comes across as moaning .....

my view is we won’t get relegated but if we did it would be very bad news

10 hours ago, javeajag said:

Ok

what standards have dropped ?

Celtic ticketing shambles, not one apology to the home fans for deliberately selling tickets for the home end to Celtic fans, but having to issue a statement of apology to Celtic fans for selling more tickets than the stand actually holds.

The demise of Jagszone where it has become so unreliable for match day commentary folk have switched off.

The handling of Doolan & Erskine.

McParland park.

Need I go on?

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Celtic ticketing shambles, not one apology to the home fans for deliberately selling tickets for the home end to Celtic fans, but having to issue a statement of apology to Celtic fans for selling more tickets than the stand actually holds.

The demise of Jagszone where it has become so unreliable for match day commentary folk have switched off.

The handling of Doolan & Erskine.

McParland park.

Need I go on?

Im afraid so....

the Celtic ticket issue is a repeated problem over the last 20 years

jagzone issues again long standing 

doolan and erskine one view

mcparland park was 3BC not the club and I could make an argument that your support for Paul Conway to take over the club diverted the funds for a training complex to purchase the directors shares so I hope your happy 

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Im afraid so....

the Celtic ticket issue is a repeated problem over the last 20 years

jagzone issues again long standing 

doolan and erskine one view

mcparland park was 3BC not the club and I could make an argument that your support for Paul Conway to take over the club diverted the funds for a training complex to purchase the directors shares so I hope your happy 

Celtic ticketing fiasco is the 1st time we’ve been hauled in front of the council and 1st time we’ve sold tickets for seats that don’t exist. So no it’s never happened to this extent previously.

Jagszone was great for matchday till around October 2018 and has been unreliable since. 

Posting Doolan was released on social media prior to him being able to tell his family or even leave the building is bad HR and PR.

The money for McParland park was stated as being ring fenced. The planning applicants rejected November 2018, and 3BC who now own the club never submitted another revised application (It’s all on Council website). Yet we were told by the club repeatedly up till May 2019 it was still happening.  Have the deeds to the ground (Propco) been transferred to the club yet as they were promised (immediately) in December? Or are they still with 3BC along with 51% of the shares.

15 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Celtic ticketing fiasco is the 1st time we’ve been hauled in front of the council and 1st time we’ve sold tickets for seats that don’t exist. So no it’s never happened to this extent previously.

Jagszone was great for matchday till around October 2018 and has been unreliable since. 

Posting Doolan was released on social media prior to him being able to tell his family or even leave the building is bad HR and PR.

The money for McParland park was stated as being ring fenced. The planning applicants rejected November 2018, and 3BC who now own the club never submitted another revised application (It’s all on Council website). Yet we were told by the club repeatedly up till May 2019 it was still happening.  Have the deeds to the ground (Propco) been transferred to the club yet as they were promised (immediately) in December? Or are they still with 3BC along with 51% of the shares.

So we agree OF ticketing issues around for 20 years the degree goes up and down

jagzone works for  me whenever I use it 

Doolan sounds like Gerry Britton not the board 

mclarland park we agree it’s 3BC not the board 

pretty thin list tbh 

20 minutes ago, javeajag said:

So we agree OF ticketing issues around for 20 years the degree goes up and down

jagzone works for  me whenever I use it 

Doolan sounds like Gerry Britton not the board 

mclarland park we agree it’s 3BC not the board 

pretty thin list tbh 

No we don’t. This is the first time the club has had to issue a statement due to being hauled in front of the council for selling tickets that didn’t exist (2 full rows and 8 columns according to Celtics SLO).

No it doesn’t (check the complaints on FB or Twitter every Saturday)

He’s the GM employed by the board and was part of it

3BC were on the board and still run the club

No its not

Edited by Norgethistle

Don't know about anyone else, I am now fed up with this topic, lets get back to talking about football. Our  fixtures in March are going to define our season, lets get behind McCall, the Board, the ball boys, the pie sellers, let's get positivity into everything Partick Thistle.

Let's use yesterdays bounce game as a stepping stone to a successful March. 

7 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

No we don’t 

No it doesn’t (check the complaints on FB or Twitter every Saturday)

He’s the GM employed by the board and was part of it

3BC were on the board and still run the club

No its not

Not with you on this .....people have been moaning about the thistle board for as long as this forum has existed it just goes up and down , often related to how we are doing on the park and some people would be unhappy even if we won the premier league .....it’s just football fans 

1 hour ago, Prince of Partick said:

Don't know about anyone else, I am now fed up with this topic, lets get back to talking about football. Our  fixtures in March are going to define our season, lets get behind McCall, the Board, the ball boys, the pie sellers, let's get positivity into everything Partick Thistle.

Completely agree, you could take the oft given advice and add someone to the ignore option for the site,  you may miss something relevant if they ever post such a thing, however it does make it much better and you can avoid most of the stuff that isn't contributing meaningfully to the debate (or the topic most of the time).

2 hours ago, Prince of Partick said:

Bouncing, stepping and marching. It all sounds very positive.

Let's hope we're also good at running, passing, tackling, heading and shooting.

8 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

I personally know no one who watches the women’s fitba. What sort of crowds do the thistle ladies team get? Family members I would guess and that’s it. Like women’s golf what’s the point of it?

Womens football has come on alot in recent years. I was at some of the Olympic games at Hampden in 2012 and its come on leaps since then. If Thistle are serious about being a sustainable football club then it needs to maintain its interest in its women's team.  It's more about the future than the present situation. 

12 hours ago, javeajag said:

We got relegated under Beattie is that nit struggling ?!

difference between top league relegation to this type we face now, where we are as a club at a whole is embarrassing bit woohoo we own everything again lock stock and barrel - it is like the football version of brexit!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Only 2 businessmen on the board, the rocks guy and gill. None of them have stuck their heads above the parapet since they arrived. The others are non entities.

Yes when I look at the Hearts board I can see that a Board full of business people guarantees football success and a happy fan base