McCall

Garscube Road End

5 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

I don't disagree with you Norge. All that you state is true.

My point is that as a club, through the generosity of Colin Weir, we own our ground and have no debt. I believe that this is an enviable position to be in. Far better than being in the hands of vulture capitalists.

However, I too have absolutely no faith whatsoever in Jacqui Low and her sidekicks, who've pretty much ridden along on Colin Weir's coat tails. These charlatans, if left in charge will in short time have the club deep in the financial mire. I wouldn't trust them to run a bath. Nevertheless, at the moment it does appear that the club is in sound and stable financial position, that we can hopefully capitalise upon, when a new more capable board is appointed (hopefully sooner rather than later).

I do agree that we need to cut our cloth to suit our circumstances and to seriously look at ways to bring new and greater income sources into our club.

Currently we don’t own the club or the ground, 3 black cats do. Dependent on the working groups proposal (I have a lot of faith and trust in several of them), 3 Black Cats will decide whether to hand over the deeds or not, I’m also not sure if the executing of Colin Weirs estate will have any impact on to this. It’s only 5 weeks away, these guys are working their damndest to get it right, but ultimately the decision will be with the person that now effectively controls 82% of the club and owns 50% of the ground. 

We could have the best proposal ever in the history of fan ownership, something that a large majority of fans buy into, but if those holding the ball don’t agree then it’s game off.

18 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Alloa and Arbroath are good examples of how teams can be built with fractions of the resources that we have , Alloa seem to be able to pick up good managers Jack Ross , Jim Goodwin and Peter Grant and even though I don’t like saying it Dick Campbell’s experience in getting his team to playing to their strengths is an achievement in light of the resources they have .

Whatever way we dress it up , it’s down to bad management if we can’t get a team organised to compete in the higher reaches of the Championship 

I am going to throw this in here. The expectations of the fans of Arbroath and Alloa are lower than our fans expectations. We put more pressure on the players/managers/directors to achieve promotion. It is obvious that none of them have coped with the pressure.

12 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I am going to throw this in here. The expectations of the fans of Arbroath and Alloa are lower than our fans expectations. We put more pressure on the players/managers/directors to achieve promotion. It is obvious that none of them have coped with the pressure.

Don’t you think that some of the players over that 3 year period haven’t been good enough?

20 hours ago, javeajag said:

Our old board of business people got us relegated proving that business people are no guarantors of success on the park just look at Hearts .... indeed most clubs that get into financial trouble are run by business people ...nor can anyone demonstrate any connection between the board and on the park performance or ever so stable Hamilton would be doing better

we don’t seen unstable to me We are going through a transition 

well enjoy league one with you and Jacqui Low holding hands amongst a few hundred hardy souls - i am out!

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

The Battle of The Utter Shite. Now need a 2 goal win to get off bottom. If we dont win it I would think it is last chance saloon

Could be facing a team who have just sacked their manager as Johnston is under huge pressure.

With us still having to play QoS twice we really need to win on Tuesday night.

When we beat Morton away 28th December, we went above them. Since then we haven't won any games and Morton are unbeaten. Morton now have a chance of being in the top 4. Just shows what a good unbeaten run with a number of victories in it can do. Tuesday night is a must win no matter who is in the away dug out. As others have said it is in our own hands now. 8th is a very achievable position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

When we beat Morton away 28th December, we went above them. Since then we haven't won any games and Morton are unbeaten. Morton now have a chance of being in the top 4. Just shows what a good unbeaten run with a number of victories in it can do. Tuesday night is a must win no matter who is in the away dug out. As others have said it is in our own hands now. 8th is a very achievable position.

And we were by far the better team that day and looked to be on the up