McCall

Garscube Road End

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Yet you....think we should be boycotting/want us to boycott this game? 

19 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Yes. As a protest against a dreadful appointment. Does that mean I can't hope for a win?

This is the biggest game so far this season. Imo we need to get behind the team, give them all the support we can. Not much more chances to go on a run that will hopefully see us rise up the table. I will say it again. Relegation would be bad, relegation and a vastly reduced support because of a boycott could have us in a position we may never recover from.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Yes. As a protest against a dreadful appointment. Does that mean I can't hope for a win?

Not trying to be that confrontational, GRE but I think anyone supporting a boycott would want it to be as successful as possible. In other words the fewer Jags fans that turn up on Tuesday night the better. At the very same time I can only see that by not being there to support the team on Tuesday is counterproductive. Besides equating a poor home attendance on Tuesday with a protest against Jacqui Low wouldn't be the least bit convincing.

One well placed banner at the match would be countless times a more effective vehicle of protest. Others, presumably yourself included, will disagree. Probably tho' you will agree that any protest has to be well co-ordinated. I very much doubt that there's the necessary consensus amongst us at this point in time to make any ad hoc protest effective.  

• Like 1

We could have 7000 home fans there on Tuesday and I doubt it would have any positive effect on this squad. They just seem so half arsed about everything. I don’t blame anyone for staying away on Tuesday, having been disappointed so many times this season. Repeatedly the fans have turned out in good numbers and really given good backing, only to be badly let down by a gutless display on the park. 

Edited by Big Col

10 minutes ago, Big Col said:

We could have 7000 home fans there on Tuesday and I doubt it would have any positive effect on this squad. They just seem so half arsed about everything. I don’t blame anyone for staying away on Tuesday, having been disappointed so many times this season. Repeatedly the fans have turned out in good numbers and really given good backing, only to be badly let down by a gutless display on the park. 

Correct, sadly. I'll be going but don't have any expectation of a spirited performance from this team.

31 minutes ago, Big Col said:

There's nothing there to disagree with and I understand fans not attending. If I hadn't got a season ticket it wouldn't take much to join them.

You're post only further emphasises why an immediate boycott over the J Low appointment would be unmeasurable and thus ultimately pointless.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Not having a go GRE but is there a particular reason you don’t go to games, such as distance, living in another 

I have stated previously on this site the reasons. Certain people just don't seem to accept that. I'm afraid it is their problem not mine.

Edited by Garscube Road End

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

I have stated previously on this site the reasons. Certain people just don't seem to accept that. I'm afraid it is their problem not mine.

He lives in Aberdeen and has work commitments.

He wants fans to boycott games because he doesn't like who has been appointed as short term Chairman.

Sorry mate , I'll be there on Tuesday supporting my team and if the lose I'll be there at the next game and so on until the end of the season. Yes I know I am a Fanboy.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Emsca said:

He lives in Aberdeen and has work commitments.

He wants fans to boycott games because he doesn't like who has been appointed as short term Chairman.

Sorry mate , I'll be there on Tuesday supporting my team and if the lose I'll be there at the next game and so on until the end of the season. Yes I know I am a Fanboy.

Short term chairman? Haha. Let's see. Enjoy the game.

9 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Have I understood correctly?:

You don't actually go to matches (nor do I, being on the other side of the world), and now you are calling for fans who do go to support the team to boycott their team?

10 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

You don't actually go to matches (nor do I, being on the other side of the world), and now you are calling for fans who do go to support the team to boycott their team?

I know it’s hilarious ....

18 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

My way of boycotting is to not renew my season ticket. Other fans if they wish to boycott can do so in other ways.

11 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

My way of boycotting is to not renew my season ticket. Other fans if they wish to boycott can do so in other ways.

So I guess you show your support for every other team by not going to see them and by not buying a season ticket. A kind of "universal supporter"? Football needs more supporters like you!

5 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

so you have a Season ticket but do not attend games? Very philanthropic of you.

Can I have your season ticket? 

1 minute ago, Emsca said:

so you have a Season ticket but do not attend games? Very philanthropic of you.

Can I have your season ticket? 

As I have difficulty getting to games a season ticket is a way for me to invest some money into the club as well as purchasing merchandise. Is that OK or do I need your written permission. And no you cant have my season ticket. I do not wish my seat to be soiled.

37 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

I dont need to explain anything as you put out your fantasy figures and it was debunked by certain posters who quite frankly ripped you a new arse. 

You see my figures were correct as they were taken from the two announcements on the issue

the interpretations that led to are clearly beyond you