McCall

Garscube Road End

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Unless there is something in the estate process that is stopping that happening 

Again, Colin Weir passed away more than five weeks after 3BC bought The Bing and Main Stand from PropCo. That was four weeks after the 3BC's self-imposed and publicly paraded deadline to transfer the bits of land in question back to Partick Thistle Football Club Limited.

There can't have been issues "in the estate process" to stop that happening when he was still alive.

If there were other issues, such as over Power of Attorney or whether Weir was compos mentis to take those decisions, then we should be worried for very different reasons, because that calls into question his state of mind when providing the funds to 3BC to enable the purchase of the shares and land in the first place.

If benign explanations for this exist, they should be provided and they should be detailed. Not "we have estates process issues, but you don't know them, they go to another school".

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Unless there is something in the estate process that is stopping that happening 

The Club is due either the Land or £900K from the Propco Deal - the Estate has No bearing on that -the Club owned 50% of Propco - the other Propco Shareholders were paid in full 

The statement was that it was being transferred back - and Im sure that was the impression that the other Shareholders in Propco were given when they agreed the Sale 

Whatever people views of our Former Directors - they sold in the belief that Shares were coming to the Fans & Propco was being returned to the Club - 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

2 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Which is all well and good but doesn't explain why the land was not transferred at any point between 21 November and 27 December, or more pertinently before 28 November as 3BC specifically promised.

As always you don’t know what you don’t know ....let’s see what emerges

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

But there may be now 

the other Shareholders in Propco got there Cash - therefore the Club either gets is £900K or the land - the Estate has ZERO to do with this - at the Time of Sale the Club was due £900K if that was offset by Land Return - No probs BUT ITS AT TIME OF SALE - which is why Im assuming the 7 Day Timescale was stated  

Any talk of complication of Estate is nonsense - might apply to the Share Transfer BUT it doesn't apply to Propco there was a Sale Transaction - Club is due £900K its as simple as that - if that £900K was nullified by Land Transfer - No Probs but it goes through at the Sale Point  on the same date as the £900K is written off 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

the other Shareholders in Propco got there Cash - therefore the Club either gets is £900K or the land - the Estate has ZERO to do with this - at the Time of Sale the Club was due £900K if that was offset by Land Return - No probs BUT ITS AT TIME OF SALE - which is why Im assuming the 7 Day Timescale was stated  

Any talk of complication of Estate is nonsense - might apply to the Share Transfer BUT it doesn't apply to Propco there was a Sale Transaction - Club is due £900K its as simple as that - if that £900K was nullified by Land Transfer - No Probs but it goes through at the Sale Point  on the same date as the £900K is written off 

We actually should have got the £900k from the sale then the land gifted back. 

It is a matter for Firhill Developments Limited how and when to pay the £900k (or whatever it is) to PTFC Ltd. 3BC actually have no role in that unless the contract for purchase of the land (or related contracts) in some way stipulated that.

What 3BC is in control of is whether and when the land is returned to PTFC Ltd and whether and how much the Club has to pay for it. Having just bought out the land the Club had an indirect legal interest in, it actually wouldn’t be unreasonable for 3BC to ask for £900k or thereabouts from the Club (so it was effectively only buying back the PropCo investors’ share rather than giving the Club its own share twice).

What is odd about the way that transaction is structured is it would effectively mean Land and Buildings Transaction Tax having to be paid for two transactions instead of one. I still don’t understand why you’d do it that way unless you were contemplating *not* carrying out the second transaction.

Edited by Woodstock Jag
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Do we know that we didn’t get the £900k ? We could be moaning about something that has happened

There was never any mention of £900k simply that land would be transferred within 7 Days 

However the bottom line is that the Club are due 50% of the Propco Sale £900k Thats a given and in the Structure of Propco  as WJ has pointed out 3BC dont really have a say in the £900K payout thats to Propco Shareholders / the Club owed 50% of Propco 

if the money was paid / Club can clear things up with a one sentence Tweet 

• 4 weeks later...

Ian McCall last wrote to you on the day you would have expected to be reading his pre-match programme notes; today is the same, so he writes to you again.

Saturday afternoon at 3pm; as a boy growing up in Dumfries I could plan my whole week around this sacred time, knowing with some certainty what I would be doing. I would be at Palmerston Park (in those days one of the best grass pitches in Scotland) with my dad watching Alan Ball, Peter Dickson, Jim Donald et al playing for my home town team, Queen of the South.

Before I state the obvious about how times have changed, I must refer to my favourite game in this early period of my football life; let’s be honest, we all have a few of these!!! Strangely enough, or perhaps not due to the strange nature of Scottish football, it was against Ayr United, the club that I owe a great deal to. The score … 5-4 to Queens at a windy, sodden Palmerston and a Peter Dickson hat-trick. What a game!!

Although TV has at times changed our Saturday routine, it is doubtful whether we will ever have a moan about this again as the current disruption is of a far, far more serious nature.

The pandemic we are all facing is a truly gruesome, silent foe and before I get to an update on football matters; please take care, of yourselves, of the people you love, and of all your neighbours.

The players all have their fitness schedules to follow. We have split them into five groups to make monitoring their work a little bit easier and to a man (it seems!!), they are following their programmes to maintain a good base level of fitness. They are all currently fit and well. When they can get back to work is a little more difficult to predict but perhaps not of the utmost importance at this time.

The players and I are making phone calls to supporters, to keep in touch, in recognition of the fact that we are all in this together. On this note I must apologise to Mr Lawson Spiers, who I phoned on Thursday; I was expecting to speak to a 12-year-old but he informed me that he was a little bit older, born in the fifties!!

Lastly, our CEO (the King of Spain) has told me of the incredible effort of our fans, who if we are being brutally honest have had a turgid two or three years, in terms of getting in touch to see how they could help the club they love. It is quite humbling to hear.

Please take care.

IMc.

Ps in the next instalment, I may tell you why I love the Jags, what my favourite Jags game is and anything else you want to know!!!!!!

52 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Ian McCall last wrote to you on the day you would have expected to be reading his pre-match programme notes; today is the same, so he writes to you again.

Please take care.

IMc.

Ps in the next instalment, I may tell you why I love the Jags, what my favourite Jags game is and anything else you want to know!!!!!!

Just heard the discusion about furlough on sportsound. According to what they're saying this sort of thing could mean the club can't claim the 80% of wages.

1 hour ago, scotty said:

Just heard the discusion about furlough on sportsound. According to what they're saying this sort of thing could mean the club can't claim the 80% of wages.

Not sure I believe that. The payment is made to those who can't work from home. A footballer clearly can't work from home ( unless he has 21 mates and a very large garden). He can maintain his fitness in the same way another person might use the time to maintain or even catch up on their learning of a job. 

4 hours ago, scotty said:

Yes sportsound  would be my Employment law/government regulation expert of choice ...

20 hours ago, Arete said:

Not sure I believe that. The payment is made to those who can't work from home. A footballer clearly can't work from home ( unless he has 21 mates and a very large garden). He can maintain his fitness in the same way another person might use the time to maintain or even catch up on their learning of a job. 

As Jaggernaut said " the title of this thread is McCall"

Nice open letter from Ian on the official site.

Talking of his favourite QotS game, ironically v Ayr and dropping a teaser to hear about his favourite Jags game in his next 'letter to the fans'.

I wonder what Gary Caldwell's favourite Jags game would be (but don't reply as this is an IMac thread).

What do we think Ian McCall's favourite Thistle game might be?

Just now, AlgarveJag said:

Nice open letter from Ian on the official site.

Talking of his favourite QotS game, ironically v Ayr and dropping a teaser to hear about his favourite Jags game in his next 'letter to the fans'.

I wonder what Gary Caldwell's favourite Jags game would be (but don't reply as this is an IMac thread).

It's McCall. He'll probably come out with one of our defeats against his Ayr side! (tounge firmly in cheek) :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

Assuming it'll be as a manager rather than as a player. I think then it's a safe bet it'll be from his previous spell. The 1-1 cup draw at Ibrox immediately springs to mind. I can remember a cracking 4-2 win at Livingston. Rowson & Harkins scoring a goal each, playing in the pink strip.  

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

28 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Assuming it'll be as a manager rather than as a player. I think then it's a safe bet it'll be from his previous spell. The 1-1 cup draw at Ibrox immediately springs to mind. I can remember a cracking 4-2 win at Livingston. Rowson & Harkins scoring a goal each, playing in the pink strip.  

There may be no truth in the rumour of some profitable defeats  .... allegedly.